Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I Have a Job Interview Today

Started by Renee, April 08, 2015, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Wish me luck people. After almost 3 years of working in my husband's family business I'm heading back out to work for someone else. Landing a job will be the first step in a new chapter in my life and I have to say I'm a little nervous.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_drinks I wish you luck, Renee! Woohoo!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Best of luck!  Best be "bubbly."  Employers like that.  I'm sure you'll do fine.

Myself?  I have floated through so many employers, (a few of them twice, since a couple have taken me back), that it becomes second nature.

Still, the first two weeks at a new job is always the toughest, I believe, no matter what you do!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Wish me luck people. After almost 3 years of working in my husband's family business I'm heading back out to work for someone else. Landing a job will be the first step in a new chapter in my life and I have to say I'm a little nervous.

Best of luck Renee. I am instinctively nosy, but I will resist the urge to ask about the recent changes in your life.

RW

We are all wondering now!  

Whatever those changes are Renee, we wish you the absolute best and we are always here if you need us.

FUCKEN HUGS!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"We are all wondering now!  

Whatever those changes are Renee, we wish you the absolute best and we are always here if you need us.

FUCKEN HUGS!

I completely agree RW, except for the capitalized words.

cc

Whatever is going with you, all the best  ... and hugs of all types
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Leopardsocks

Good luck, Renee....yeah, yeah...seriously. You're no fun when you're not settled and content. Its too easy to flame you.

Renee

I want to thank everyone who wished me well. I really appreciate it.

The interview went very well and I'm going back for a second early next week to talk money, benefits, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Renee"I want to thank everyone who wished me well. I really appreciate it.

The interview went very well and I'm going back for a second early next week to talk money, benefits, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed. ac_biggrin

So, the pimp thought you'd find some customers?

Nice.

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"I want to thank everyone who wished me well. I really appreciate it.

Crossed fingers and positive thoughts heading your way. Wishing you luck.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Annie

I hope it all works out for you, Renee.  ac_smile
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

If you are discussing those things at a second interview, that seems very promising Renee..

Good for you.

ac_smile

Anonymous

That seems like a more "American" thing, to discuss wages, benefits, etc.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

If you are discussing those things at a second interview, that seems very promising Renee..

Good for you.

ac_smile

Yes it does look very promising. Fortunately I have all the qualifications and experience they are looking for so it seems that I'm definitely in the running for this one.