The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I Have a Job Interview Today

Started by Renee, April 08, 2015, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"When will you know if you were selected Renee?

I won't know until after the second interview which won't take place until this coming Tuesday.

We all hope you are selected Renee.

ac_smile

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"When will you know if you were selected Renee?

I won't know until after the second interview which won't take place until this coming Tuesday.

You'll nail it, I'm sure.

Anonymous

Annie

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

reel

Hope you got it Renee.

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"That seems like a more "American" thing, to discuss wages, benefits, etc.

Er... why?  We routinely negotiate salary and benefits with new employees.

Just yesterday a guy requested 12k more than what we were offering him after seeing the offer and a woman we are trying to hire asked for 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks vacation.  I wanted to poke both of them in the eye with a pen, because both offers were already good, but it's pretty normal for people to negotiate if they have something to offer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"Hope you got it Renee.

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"That seems like a more "American" thing, to discuss wages, benefits, etc.

Er... why?  We routinely negotiate salary and benefits with new employees.

Just yesterday a guy requested 12k more than what we were offering him after seeing the offer and a woman we are trying to hire asked for 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks vacation.  I wanted to poke both of them in the eye with a pen, because both offers were already good, but it's pretty normal for people to negotiate if they have something to offer.

He must have had a lot to offer reel.

reel

Quote from: "Fashionista"
He must have had a lot to offer reel.

He has about 20 years experience.  It was about 12% more than we were offering, so not that outrageous.  We'll counter with half that and see where it goes.  He's got another job, but would prefer to work for us, and we could really use him, so he doesn't have real pressure to move.  The woman, we are trying to get to shift from contract work to be an employee.

I usually find that the ones who have no job, particularly if they are recent immigrants, will thankfully take whatever you offer them.  The ones who are already employed will negotiate because they are trying to better their circumstances and they are not getting a job out of need.  Thus, I think it's always a good idea to start looking for another job if yours is in danger.  If you wait until it's gone, so is your leverage.

It sounds to me like Renee is moving from a job that pays, but isn't necessarily what she wants to something that she wants.  That gives her options and the ability to negotiate, because even if it fails, she can carry on until the right opportunity comes up.  She doesn't have to settle.

RDL

The job interview was yesterday and we haven't heard from her today... that means she didn't get the job and she's drowning her sorrows in potato chips :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"The job interview was yesterday and we haven't heard from her today... that means she didn't get the job and she's drowning her sorrows in potato chips :D

ac_rollseyes

The Langley Ladyboy

I'm a fucking hairstylist, but I pretend to be a logger from Hide-A-Gay. ac_dance

RDL

Quote from: "RDL"The job interview was yesterday and we haven't heard from her today... that means she didn't get the job and she's drowning her sorrows in potato chips :D

ac_rollseyes

She's been here, but she's been hiding out in the thread "The Pulse".  She's been avoiding this thread like the plague.  Suspicious ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"

ac_rollseyes

She's been here, but she's been hiding out in the thread "The Pulse".  She's been avoiding this thread like the plague.  Suspicious ac_unsure

It's none of our business RDL.

RDL

Quote from: "RDL"
 ac_rollseyes

It's none of our business RDL.

You're right.  Let's all slowly back away from this thread and let it die in peace...

Renee

Apparently RDL thinks I have to answer to him. Where he got that idea God knows. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.