The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Leger Poll - majority of Canadians believe Western and Islamic societies are ‘irreconcilable

Started by cc, April 10, 2015, 12:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

A Leger Marketing poll found that a majority of Canadians believe Western and Islamic societies are 'irreconcilable.'

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/cms/binary/10916683.jpg">

Vancouver Sun - http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Canadians+feel+rift+growing+between+Western+Muslim+societies+poll/10916682/story.html">Most Canadians think "irreconcilable" differences exist between Western and Muslim societies, according to polling to be revealed at this week's Metropolis conference in Vancouver.

The Leger Marketing polls found 63 per cent of Canadian Protestants, 62 per cent of Jews, 60 per cent of Catholics and 46 per cent of the non-religious believe Western and Islamic societies are "irreconcilable."

Even 42 per cent of Canadian Muslims believe the contrast between the West and Islamic cultures was irreconcilable.

The belief of a majority of Canadians that the West and Islamic society are locked in inevitable antagonism, Jedwab said, echoes the thesis of political scientist Samuel Huntington, author of The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of Political Order.

The Harvard professor argued people's cultural and religious identities will be the primary source of conflict in the post-Cold War world.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

I guess most Canadians wonder as I do - WHY TF would we deliberately bring in a supremacist / counter-to-democracy IDEOLOGY and its loyal followers that we then have to monitor 24/7/365?

This should be fun ... watching Q twisting himself into a pretzel trying to spin his way out of this one

Leopardsocks

Annie

Hubby and I were talking about how soldiers and volunteers go to countries who are fighting and we both came to the conclusion that they don't want our help, they want us dead.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Leopardsocks

You make a good point Annie. We, like you, have countrymen who have gone to fight for ISIS in the Middle East. Hundreds, probably.

However, I myself believe the Government trying to bar them from leaving is flawed.

If I were emperor, I would provide any man or woman who wishes to go and fight for (or against) ISIS with a ticket to Damascus or Baghdad, an AK47 (No bullets), a balaclava, and set of cam fatigues.

Only condition is that they can never return. Ever.

I think it would be a win win.

easter bunny

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I guess most Canadians wonder as I do - WHY TF would we deliberately bring in a supremacist / counter-to-democracy IDEOLOGY and its loyal followers that we then have to monitor 24/7/365?

Same reason you'd invite a few wolves to come live in a place populated by sheep who have never seen a carnivore. Once they see a few of their friends eaten:   ac_wot   they'll suddenly realize that you can't turn wolves into herbivores. Explaining it doesn't work. They're just too naive to get it.

Annie

I think the ones volunteering to go fight for isis are naive and brain washed. I KNOW I'm naive because evs told me so but at least I'm not dumb enough to go fight a terrorist fight lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

I don't know what to say everyone..

I am willing to at least try to help people from cultures very different from our own assimilate..

I used to be a volunteer at a Christian welcome centre for new immigrants..

Once the price of oil rises again and my husband doesn't need to work two jobs, I would love to do that again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I guess most Canadians wonder as I do - WHY TF would we deliberately bring in a supremacist / counter-to-democracy IDEOLOGY and its loyal followers that we then have to monitor 24/7/365?

This should be fun ... watching Q twisting himself into a pretzel trying to spin his way out of this one

Anyone who openly states they are followers of Mo's barbaric ideology should NOT be allowed to step one foot on our soil for any reason whatsoever. They are not interested in multiculturalism, their 8th century ideology demands we submit by whatever means necessary.

FUCK ISLAM....TAKE YOUR HATEFUL GARBAGE AND GO!! ac_beating

cc

This poll was not about fighting for ISIS specifically ... it was about islam being both supremacist by decree and incompatible with democracy and Western culture / values,

as Bunny put it so well, sheep naively allowing wolves who wish to eat them into their midst ... or not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"This poll was not about fighting for ISIS specifically ... it was about islam being both supremacist by decree and incompatible with democracy and Western culture / values,

as Bunny put it so well, sheep naively allowing wolves who wish to eat them into their midst ... or not.

EB was right, but I still want to rant. Islam is totally incompatible with liberal Western values.

cc

"Q"? = Querky ..... dedicated protector of those who follow supremacy and misogyny .. a sheep dedicated to pacifying the wolf who eventually will eat him ... while pretending it is a merely a sheep in wolves' clothing  ac_tongue

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte""Q"? = Querky ..... dedicated protector of those who follow supremacy and misogyny .. a sheep dedicated to pacifying the wolf who eventually will eat him ... while pretending it is a merely a sheep in wolves' clothing  ac_tongue

He is just repeating the ideological line. He doesn't really believe it himself.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"A Leger Marketing poll found that a majority of Canadians believe Western and Islamic societies are 'irreconcilable.'

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/cms/binary/10916683.jpg">

Vancouver Sun - http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Canadians+feel+rift+growing+between+Western+Muslim+societies+poll/10916682/story.html">Most Canadians think "irreconcilable" differences exist between Western and Muslim societies, according to polling to be revealed at this week's Metropolis conference in Vancouver.

The Leger Marketing polls found 63 per cent of Canadian Protestants, 62 per cent of Jews, 60 per cent of Catholics and 46 per cent of the non-religious believe Western and Islamic societies are "irreconcilable."

Even 42 per cent of Canadian Muslims believe the contrast between the West and Islamic cultures was irreconcilable.

The belief of a majority of Canadians that the West and Islamic society are locked in inevitable antagonism, Jedwab said, echoes the thesis of political scientist Samuel Huntington, author of The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of Political Order.

The Harvard professor argued people's cultural and religious identities will be the primary source of conflict in the post-Cold War world.

I have only recently taken an interest in global Islam. Western Europe is having a difficult time with growing radical Islam. I don't how I would answer the question if I was polled. Any answer I gave would be a guess based on limited knowledge.

cc

Yes. We all know about what used to be Europe

Well, seems it's unanimous - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/10/americans-islam-poll_n_7036574.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592">HuffPoo (bastion on conservative thinking  ac_rollseyes - a "source" used constantly by peons for Islam to put lipstick on the Islamic pig)

More than half of Americans say they have unfavorable views of Islam, and six in 10 either aren't interested or don't know whether they want to learn more about the faith, according to a new poll.

Most Significant Area:

Just 7 percent said they had a very favorable view of the religion, and 14 percent said they saw it somewhat favorably

= 21 % with ANY degree of favorability

hmmm .. Seems islam has worn out its welcome EVERWHERE in the West  long before it was able to affect our society in the ways it is dedicated to