Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

No longer can the homeless be told to move along

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 11, 2015, 02:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"

"Empathy" as defined by left wing politics, is just another term for "Government control", and is a root cause of terrorism, illegal immigration, battered and murdered children and dysfunctional education systems.

What a pile of nonsensical gibberish - the reason there are so many mentally ill homeless people is that governments across North America closed mental hospitals where these people used to be treated. Riverview's closure is a good example. There were lofty promises of 'community-based' treatment facilities.... few of which ever found the light of day....

As for lack of empathy:

From the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-IV:

Lack of empathy is one of the most striking features of people with narcissistic personality disorder. It's a hallmark of the disorder in the same way that fear of abandonment is in borderline personality disorder.

"Narcissists do not consider the pain they inflict on others; nor do they give any credence to others' perceptions," says Dr. Les Carter in the book Enough of You, Let's Talk About Me (p. 9). "They simply do not care about thoughts and feelings that conflict with their own." Do not expect them to listen, validate, understand, or support you.

This is exacerbated when the person has a touch of antisocial personality disorder. Then it becomes frightening......

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201201/lack-empathy-the-most-telling-narcissistic-trait">https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/st ... stic-trait">https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/stop-walking-eggshells/201201/lack-empathy-the-most-telling-narcissistic-trait
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

RW

Boy do I know a lot of people who make that grade.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"What bullshit Shen?

I know Fash and I know she actually walks the talk. Bob, talks about others lacking empathy, but does fuck all about what he sees as society's big problems.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"How do you know he does nothing?

In my experience people that berate others seldom do what they accuse others of NOT doing. Fash never berates other people, she just does what she thinks needs to be done. If I was some junkie social parasite, I would know that she has my back more than Bob.

BTW, I think they are both wrong. Homeless drug addicts should be used for medical research and organ harvesting.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Shen Li"Homeless drug addicts should be used for medical research and organ harvesting.

If you are not 'joking', you need professional help. A great deal of professional help, actually.

easter bunny

I would send them to a mental hospital/detox center where they can get the treatment they need. Living on a sidewalk is not something you would do unless you were wanting help. Anyone who thinks a drug addict has control of his will doesn't understand the nature of addiction.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Holy fuck Shen!  hahaha

No joke, let the useless fucks contribute for once in their disgusting lives.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Majority of those will never be rehabilitated.

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"How do you know he does nothing?

In my experience people that berate others seldom do what they accuse others of NOT doing...

You certainly aren't irony deficient, Shen

Renee

Quote from: "easter bunny"I would send them to a mental hospital/detox center where they can get the treatment they need. Living on a sidewalk is not something you would do unless you were wanting help. Anyone who thinks a drug addict has control of his will doesn't understand the nature of addiction.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to detox them before their organs are harvested, especially if you need a liver.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Majority of those will never be rehabilitated.

That may be true Berry Sweet, but some can which is why we don't give up on them.

RDL

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Majority of those will never be rehabilitated.

What if LO becomes a drug addict?  Would you want LO to be rehabilitated?