Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Keep saying it, and some will believe it

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, April 16, 2015, 03:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"
Quote from: "Shen Li"My first year of uni I witnessed two Edmonton cops, one white, one East Indian beating the shit out of a Native guy in a parking lot behind a bar. I don't know what he did, but I do know he had already been subdued and was not a threat to either cop.

Really??  ac_huh

Are you serious??

You went to UNIVERSITY?

ac_toofunny

Good one Sox, pretty good. ac_drinks

Registered Guest

'Re: Keep saying it, and some will believe it'

... and that's exactly what Mc D's did back in the mid to late 60's, 70's and mid 80's.

Most people over the age of eight, in the mid 60's, can probably remember their radio advertisement.

"Keep saying it, and some will believe it"

Just saying
I don\'t need to remember what I did yesterday, I only need to remember what I am doing tomorrow. Today, is the here and now.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Well, I am not familiar with the US laws re police power and authority, so I am not sure how their actions are justified by statute.

US laws are similar to Canadian laws, and probably what I'm assuming to be relatively similar to the rest of the West also.

Cops can't shoot individuals that are fleeing, or anyone for that matter, unless they believe that their lives, or the lives of anyone else, is in immediate danger of grievous bodily harm of death.  Tennessee v. Garner is the case that changed that in the US.

Canada has similar laws for both the Police and private citizens also.  In fact, in Canada, there really isn't any difference at all between the power of police and the citizens...  The only difference is, very few non-enforcement type personnel have the ability to open carry a sidearm in public in Canada, whereas the Police here obviously do.