Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Safe Guns?

Started by RW, April 17, 2015, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I didn't know this Mel Gibson..

It seems like a good idea.

Most don't...

I may be the only valid PAL holder here.  My ex had to sign my renewal when we were still married.  I didn't even have to hold a gun to her head!  ac_dunno  ac_wot  ac_toofunny

There are others that are firearms owners, but they may live in the United States.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Fashionista"There are others that are firearms owners, but they may live in the United States.

Most owners here live in the US.  Different rules and regs, especially regarding handguns.  Long gun ownership isn't terribly different between Canada and the US, believe it or not!  The big difference is handguns.  Canada imposes extra rules and regs on handguns, essentially limiting them to sporting use only for most (i.e. to the range and back for target practice).

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"There are others that are firearms owners, but they may live in the United States.

Most owners here live in the US.  Different rules and regs, especially regarding handguns.  Long gun ownership isn't terribly different between Canada and the US, believe it or not!  The big difference is handguns.  Canada imposes extra rules and regs on handguns, essentially limiting them to sporting use only for most (i.e. to the range and back for target practice).

Even within the United States rules vary from state to state according to what Renee and Frost have written.

Mel Gibson

That's true.  Especially with open carry, concealed carry (pistols)...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"On a side note, the one interesting thing a Canadian Firearms licence does have, even on renewal, is that your spouse must also sign for you.

This doesn't matter if you're single, but if you are married (and they know your status), your spouse must sign you off as "safe."  There's even a number for the spouse to call in private, need be, right where they sign, if they feel "unsafe" or "coerced" while signing.

Interestingly enough, your significant other could have more of an impact than any other entity respecting your ability to own firearms.  No doubt this is due to the fact that most shooting deaths are domestic disputes gone bad.

I remember that little clause from my ex-bf who had quite the gun collection.