Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

studies link marijuana use and mental illness

Started by Anonymous, April 20, 2015, 09:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Annie"

Moderation is the key. And not operating any heavy equipment.

I don't smoke myself, but I know there are lots of people that can handle it without becoming chronic. This does not even take into consideration those that use pot for medicinal purposes.

I am not opposed to anyone using marijuana as a pain medication.

That's a good thing because sometimes I get this big pain in my ass that I need to forget about and recently weed has become my "go to" remedy.  ac_gumpop
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "RW"And I recently read that was bullshit Fash.

I am not a health care professional, so all I can share is what I have read.

I agree with RW..you need to read the other side.  There are pros and cons to everything..and like someone stated...EVERYTHING in moderation...and that goes for cannabis too.  I have depression and I take a medication...it works, but I get anxiety off it...so in order to edge that off...the docs give me another prescription med to tape it off...which does nothing but make me brain dead...so I use the tincture drops (cannabis) and it works for me.

You can find whatever it is you are looking for online..all the bad about cannabis you can find will be there...my ex was so fixed on trying to take LO away from me (so he didn't have to pay child support) and the opnly thing he could use was the fact I use cannabis...he tried to argue in court how it was fucking up my brain and leaving me as an unfit mother...sorry but judge didn't agree...and yes, I admitted in court of my cannabis usage...judge didn't care...just warned me that it was illegal and for me to obtain a medical cannabis card...in which I have...so my ex's dreams of taking LO away from me to save a few bucks is shattered...

If you read about the positive side of cannabis, you will see how it fits some people medically...it kills cancer, it stops seizures. it can help regulate depression, anxiety and other mental disorders, as long as it is used within means...people think people with depression will suffer smoking cannabis because the dopamine levels rise and causes a crash and burn effect or just more depression in the long run...yes it does increase the dopamine levels, if you use it to an extent...and not going overboard...BUT, then again, same can be said for prescription drugs, some people take too much and abuse it as well...so why is that legal, but not cannabis?  And this is exactly what prescription meds do...the exact same shit...but everyone is ok with it...you might want to ask...what exacly is the government putting in your regulated prescription meds?  Do you really know?

I think many people see cannabis as "criminal" and "illegal" just because it has been placed in that category for so long...but ask yourself...have you ever seen a mentally fucked up cannabis user?

I have tried various prescription drugs and some of them are very funky...some of them addictive...one day cannabis will legalized, and int he future we will look back intot he past on cannabis culture and wonder why so many people were up the ass about cannabis.

Berry Sweet

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USi1_3Fdjyw

If you had a child that was suffering from this and cannabis oil worked...wouldn't you fight for that right?  Lots of doctors benefit off prescribing drugs just to make a quick buck.  Use your own judgment, not what a doctor says or the government says...anyone who does is a total sheep...be a lion and find out for yourself...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "RW"And I recently read that was bullshit Fash.

I am not a health care professional, so all I can share is what I have read.

I agree with RW..you need to read the other side.  There are pros and cons to everything..and like someone stated...EVERYTHING in moderation...and that goes for cannabis too.  I have depression and I take a medication...it works, but I get anxiety off it...so in order to edge that off...the docs give me another prescription med to tape it off...which does nothing but make me brain dead...so I use the tincture drops (cannabis) and it works for me.

You can find whatever it is you are looking for online..all the bad about cannabis you can find will be there...my ex was so fixed on trying to take LO away from me (so he didn't have to pay child support) and the opnly thing he could use was the fact I use cannabis...he tried to argue in court how it was fucking up my brain and leaving me as an unfit mother...sorry but judge didn't agree...and yes, I admitted in court of my cannabis usage...judge didn't care...just warned me that it was illegal and for me to obtain a medical cannabis card...in which I have...so my ex's dreams of taking LO away from me to save a few bucks is shattered...

If you read about the positive side of cannabis, you will see how it fits some people medically...it kills cancer, it stops seizures. it can help regulate depression, anxiety and other mental disorders, as long as it is used within means...people think people with depression will suffer smoking cannabis because the dopamine levels rise and causes a crash and burn effect or just more depression in the long run...yes it does increase the dopamine levels, if you use it to an extent...and not going overboard...BUT, then again, same can be said for prescription drugs, some people take too much and abuse it as well...so why is that legal, but not cannabis?  And this is exactly what prescription meds do...the exact same shit...but everyone is ok with it...you might want to ask...what exacly is the government putting in your regulated prescription meds?  Do you really know?

I think many people see cannabis as "criminal" and "illegal" just because it has been placed in that category for so long...but ask yourself...have you ever seen a mentally fucked up cannabis user?

I have tried various prescription drugs and some of them are very funky...some of them addictive...one day cannabis will legalized, and int he future we will look back intot he past on cannabis culture and wonder why so many people were up the ass about cannabis.

Thank you for sharing some very personal information Berry Sweet..

You use it for it's medicinal purposes.

Mel Gibson

I don't really like to smoke weed.  I am introverted and anxious enough.  I find that marijuana simply increases these feelings...  I don't want them increased.

I find no relaxation consuming THC.  Alcohol on the other hand?  Love it...

Many people I know smoke.  I don't.  I either go drug free, or drink when time warrants...

And that's how it is...  Brains react somewhat differently to certain substances.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"I don't really like to smoke weed.  I am introverted and anxious enough.  I find that marijuana simply increases these feelings...  I don't want them increased.

I find no relaxation consuming THC.  Alcohol on the other hand?  Love it...

Many people I know smoke.  I don't.  I either go drug free, or drink when time warrants...

And that's how it is...  Brains react somewhat differently to certain substances.

But wouldn't a person who has a problem with one substance likely develop a problem with another substance if they gave up the first one?

Mel Gibson

People consume substances for a benefit.  If the pros don't outweigh the cons, people aren't drawn to it.  There MUST be a benefit.

For many, there is with weed.  And that is fine!

For me, I just don't get that benefit.  As an example...  If something minor is on my mind, weed makes that worse...  I'll think about it more.  For me, THC works completely opposite in my brain as compared to most others.

Mel Gibson

I'm all for legalizing it, don't get me wrong!

It's just something that really doesn't "do it" for me...  I don't smoke it, or rarely so...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"I'm all for legalizing it, don't get me wrong!

It's just something that really doesn't "do it" for me...  I don't smoke it, or rarely so...

I'm in favour od legalization of pot too.