ALBERTA ELECTION RESULTS - new thread

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, May 05, 2015, 10:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

Cons running ahead with a few ridings partially reporting  ac_biggrin
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Gay Boy Roberto

asked what people on the streets are saying, 'the streets are empty' - says the handsome Ian Hannomansingh on CBC

cc

Looks like a slaughter at this point . Alberta finito ... RIP
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Romero

Quote from: "cc la femme"Looks like a slaughter at this point . Alberta finito ... RIP

Yep. I don't see how Alberta will even make it through the night. What are they going to do without those $5 billion deficits?

So, did they give it all to Mohammed?

Romero

Wow. Alberta is more NDP than BC. I am blown away. I did not see that coming.

easter bunny

Sending my deepest condolences.  http://mindromp.org/forum/images/smilies/therethere.gif">

cc

QuoteSo, did they give it all to Mohammed?
No. You have your countries mixed up. That's tomorrow ... and it's not "all" .... just the "what's left of it"  .. I mean the remaining, lol

Actually, Cameron they can do without and take their chances with the other guys
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Looks like a slaughter at this point . Alberta finito ... RIP

We know some people who like Rachel Notley, but are very worried she is not fit to govern our province in difficult times..

I wish her well and all Albertans too..

The Progressive Conservative party did a lot to make this province Canada's land of opportunity, but it has always been the people of this province that made it what it is, not politicians..

The people are still here.

Gay Boy Roberto

I have never been so happy about being so wrong in an election prediction

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

RW

Oh PFfft Fash! Your province has been doing well because you have oil.  It's in difficult times because of oil.  Oil leads your province.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Oh PFfft Fash! Your province has been doing well because you have oil.  It's in difficult times because of oil.  Oil leads your province.

BULLSHIT, Ralph Klein eliminated the deficit, paid down the debt to zero(Norway has debt), lowered taxes, watched company after company move their headquarters to Calgary from high tax regimes, lowered everyone's tax bite and created the sustainability fund to never go into debt to pay for critical infrastructure all with low oil and gas prices. Along the way we got the lion's share of investment and jobs and had the highest wages on the continent.

Saskatchewan has more conventional oil than we do, but has never accomplished that(though doing better under Brad Wall). BC has as much resource wealth as we do and is in debt, has lower wages and receives less invest(though a lot will be heading there now that the No Development Party controls Alberta).

Ralph Klein was the most successful politician Canada has ever produced by a country mile. Ed Stelmach and Allison Redford should never have become leaders and destroyed the brand. Jim Prentice fumbled the ball.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Oil oil oil.

Not the case with Saskatchewan, BC or Newfoundland now is it? Must be something else. We had it once, but the Klein years seem like a distant wonderful past dream now.

This is great news for your province and Saskatchewan too. When Ed Stemach fucked up the royalty review investment money went to BC, Alaska and North Dakota If Nothead does this in a period of low oil and gas revenue, she will open up the floodgates of moeny leaving for our neighbours.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

Yep. I don't see how Alberta will even make it through the night. What are they going to do without those $5 billion deficits?

So, did they give it all to Mohammed?

Excuse me that is temporary. Although Nothead has no plan to retire debt let alone stimulate the economy, so I expect deficits for her entire term in office.

RW

BC?  Oh and how are we doing exactly?
Beware of Gaslighters!