Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

The Blue Canadians

Started by Bricktop, May 06, 2015, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

That's what I propose we rename this forum to.

5 threads about CANADIAN politics???

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"That's what I propose we rename this forum to.

5 threads about CANADIAN politics???

ac_wot

I started one and responded to two others..

My apologies SPECTRE..

Politics is a silly, dishonest business.

Bricktop

True. Apologies not necessary. But I would hope that The Blue Cashew is less nationalistic than Van.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"True. Apologies not necessary. But I would hope that The Blue Cashew is less nationalistic than Van.

I hadn't really thought about whether I am nationalistic or not.

ac_umm

RW

Start different threads if you want variety Spec.  You can't change other people.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Hahaha!  Enjoy your green Alberta!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Hahaha!  Enjoy your green Alberta!

The NDP's version of green Alberta? Taking more green out of everyone's pocket?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Corporations anyway.

Everyone will pay more. Corporations are not people, we pay the bills.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

No they aren't which is why they don't deserve tax breaks.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

No they aren't which is why they don't deserve tax breaks.

Corporate taxes are the most inefficient taxes ever created. About 95 jurisdictions around the world have lowered them. I say get rid of this antiquated tax entirely. We all pay for corporate taxes, so hopefully some smart cookie comes along and not only realizes that, but replaces it with something useful.

Romero

Why shouldn't corporations pay taxes? They depend on and profit off of government services and infrastructure. That stuff isn't free.

Why should the average Canadian taxpayer have to pay more? Canadian corporations are making plenty of profit. Lowering the federal corporate tax rate hasn't made anything any better. They're only making more money and greedily hanging on to it!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Why shouldn't corporations pay taxes? They depend on and profit off of government services and infrastructure. That stuff isn't free.

Why should the average Canadian taxpayer have to pay more? Canadian corporations are making plenty of profit. Lowering the federal corporate tax rate hasn't made anything any better. They're only making more money and greedily hanging on to it!

For the umpteenth time, higher corporate taxes means higher taxes/fees for you and I not some inanimate entity. We pay it, you and I. Defined benefit pension plans are heavily invested in them. I don't like paying more for most most expensive government per capita, which is why I oppose Nothead's plans to charge us all more through higher corporate taxes.

Why should I have to pay more for everything. Governments already have enough money. They are getting greedy nowadays. We had companies move to Calgary after Klein lowered corporate taxes besides leaving more money in our pockets.

It's our money dammit. They don't need to be charging us anymore through outdated corporate tax increases.

Romero

If corporations don't pay their fair share in taxes, which are already low enough, then the average taxpayer has to make up for it. Alberta provides roads, electricity, water etc. for the oil sands, so why should only citizens pay for all that?

Corporations prosper because of government services and infrastructure. They should pay a little for it. It's not fair to have the average citizen foot the entire bill for a company making millions. Aw, making millions isn't good enough?

Alberta has a low corporate tax rate. What did it get you? A $5 billion deficit!

Bricktop