Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Dear Friends

Started by Bricktop, May 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Romero and hysterics, perfect together.

Why am I not surprised?

I'm not the one constantly whining about threads I personally don't like. I believe posters have the right to have their threads on the main page.

RW

I support putting in categories as a trial for facilitating conversation.

Without mentioning Spectre's comments, what is your reason for opposing trying this?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"It's the way he rolls.  What's worse is Spec seems to give him weight.

Unfortunately we all give him weight by engaging his hysterical irrationality. As you said, he is one opinion and the decision is not up solely to him. If Fash sees merit in making one or more sub forums it will happen.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I just hope she doesn't give him more weight because he wears the green.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I support putting in categories as a trial for facilitating conversation.

Without mentioning Spectre's comments, what is your reason for opposing trying this?

I don't oppose categories or sub-forums if posters want them.

I'm opposed to SPECTRE personally deciding which threads should be removed from the main page.

Yikes, just look at how hysterical I'm being. If you don't understand what "hysterical" means.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Renee"Romero and hysterics, perfect together.

Why am I not surprised?

I'm not the one constantly whining about threads I personally don't like. I believe posters have the right to have their threads on the main page.

Exactly,so that after a few days they can disappear into a morass of shit never to be found again. ac_rollseyes

I hate to break it to you but that is an inefficient and antiquated format.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"I couldn't agree more. Unless this place gets a huge influx of new blood, a sociopolitical forum will fail. Arguing sociopolitical point's of view among the regulars will be a complete waste of time. It's all been done before and it is just so tiresome to see the same and worn out arguments chased round and round with no resolution in sight. I do not relish the thought of taking part in a political forum so that the usual suspects can turn each thread into what amounts to nothing but a verbal circle jerk.

But on the other hand, if someone wants to devote the time and energy to maintain a sociopolitical forum then so be it. Let them knock themselves out.  ac_cool

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"I couldn't agree more. Unless this place gets a huge influx of new blood, a sociopolitical forum will fail. Arguing sociopolitical point's of view among the regulars will be a complete waste of time. It's all been done before and it is just so tiresome to see the same and worn out arguments chased round and round with no resolution in sight. I do not relish the thought of taking part in a political forum so that the usual suspects can turn each thread into what amounts to nothing but a verbal circle jerk.

But on the other hand, if someone wants to devote the time and energy to maintain a sociopolitical forum then so be it. Let them knock themselves out.  ac_cool

You're an illiterate fool but I don't need to call attention to it as you do a great job all by yourself. ac_toofunny

When are you ever going to learn?

Romero

That isn't your original response to SPECTRE's idea? I'm pretty sure it is! Your words. "A sociopolitical forum will fail... a complete waste of time."

Now you want one?

easter bunny

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "reel"I think there's little value in having a sub-forum.  This is not a fast paced forum, so there's really no need to categorize.  Sub-categorizing is unlikely to draw new posters and I don't see the rationale that it will increase posting amongst the existing posters; I expect the opposite.  Sub-forums decrease usability by reducing the visibility of topics.  It requires another click to see the topics in the sub-forums, an effort that many won't take on a regular basis.

Hello reel, thank you for your sound advice..

I want to get rid of guest posting..

It has turned into a place where a couple of immature posters from Vancouver Forum post insults.

You could always rename it the immature posters from Vancouver Forum insult posting forum. =))

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "reel"I think there's little value in having a sub-forum.  This is not a fast paced forum, so there's really no need to categorize.  Sub-categorizing is unlikely to draw new posters and I don't see the rationale that it will increase posting amongst the existing posters; I expect the opposite.  Sub-forums decrease usability by reducing the visibility of topics.  It requires another click to see the topics in the sub-forums, an effort that many won't take on a regular basis.

It has turned into a place where a couple of immature posters from Vancouver Forum post insults.

You could always rename it the immature posters from Vancouver Forum insult posting forum. =))

Thank you for your suggestion easter bunny, but I don't want to bring back guest posting.

easter bunny

Quote from: "easter bunny"

Thank you for your suggestion easter bunny, but I don't want to bring back guest posting.

I was only kidding anyway. =))

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"That isn't your original response to SPECTRE's idea? I'm pretty sure it is! Your words. "A sociopolitical forum will fail... a complete waste of time."

Now you want one?

I explained and ellaborated my position quite clearly and it is not what you are trying to portray.

This is typical of you. You've been exposed for the hysterical insipid fool that you are so you have resorted to  being deceptive and disingenuous.

RW

Quote from: "RW"I support putting in categories as a trial for facilitating conversation.

I'm opposed to SPECTRE personally deciding which threads should be removed from the main page.

Yikes, just look at how hysterical I'm being. If you don't understand what "hysterical" means.

He doesn't have the ability to decide.  That's up to Fash so your concern is MOOT.

And YAY!  Romero doesn't oppose sub-categories!  He just opposes the made up crap he invented.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

He doesn't have the ability to decide.  That's up to Fash so your concern is MOOT.

And YAY!  Romero doesn't oppose sub-categories! He just opposes the made up crap he invented.

"made up crap" = Hysterics.

I think Romero is starting to sound like........Munday? ac_umm