Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Dear Friends

Started by Bricktop, May 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

I agree Renee or at least if this place is going to allow these folks, they should be confined.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I agree Renee or at least if this place is going to allow these folks, they should be confined.

I agree; confinement is probably the best option. I mean we can put them on ignore but that doesn't help make this forum an attractive place to hang out. It just ignores the turds floating in the punch bowl.

Personally I'm kinda exasperated that we are still having to deal with issue when this is one of the reasons why many of us migrated here from Van.  ac_dunno My main beef with evs and my reason for being such a bitch to her was because she out and out refused to get rid of or even reign in the creeps.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

Yes the blocked board looks attractive to every1 outside our little community.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"I agree Renee or at least if this place is going to allow these folks, they should be confined.

I agree; confinement is probably the best option. I mean we can put them on ignore but that doesn't help make this forum an attractive place to hang out. It just ignores the turds floating in the punch bowl.

Personally I'm kinda exasperated that we are still having to deal with issue when this is one of the reasons why many of us migrated here from Van.  ac_dunno My main beef with evs and my reason for being such a bitch to her was because she out and out refused to get rid of or even reign in the creeps.

Again, I agree.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "Romero"He's talking about removing threads he doesn't like off the main page. He's one poster. Why should he get to decide where everyone else gets to post? I don't want any of my threads removed from the main page. Nobody does.

I don't like his threads. So make a sub-forum for his threads and I'll move them all there. Okay?

Aha! Therein lies the problem. It's pageism! The assumption that a sub-forum is somehow inferior to the main page. This is not nor should it be the case. A sub-forum is simply a division of the main forum that is specific to a certain topic or range of topics. There's no inferiority implied. It just makes it easier for people to find what they are looking for.

It's discrimination. ac_razz

Odinson

So the little girl didnt get her will through...

She got mad at mommy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "reel"I never think too small.

You need more people for this to have value.  If you want more people, you need to focus on what will bring you more, not structure things as though it were so and wish that it was.

This forum is a stream of consciousness.  It's not unmanageable in it's present state, so there's no reason to split the stream.

If you want to, then do it, but it won't actually affect anything other than forcing you to click on more things and remember where you were in two streams instead of just one.

Well what's going to bring more people here? A big pile of disorganized shit, scattered all over any number of pages or a neat and orderly format where topics of interest are easier to locate?

Currently both this place a Van are of the big pile of crap type of forum. Now ask yourself; exactly how many new members has either place attracted in the past year? I think the answer is almost none. And yes I'm NOT including existing nuisance posters creating additional handles. Those we can do completely without.

I'm all for trying a new format. I'm not saying every category is going to be a hit but it can't perform any worse than the current format has. Right now the stagnation in terms of new incoming members is growing more obvious by the day.

I totally agree with Renee and share in her frustration about how the board is scattered. Pooh thread? Really?

we need to fix this shit right now.

That thread should be deleted. Can you do that Keeper? If you can, you should.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "reel"I never think too small.

You need more people for this to have value.  If you want more people, you need to focus on what will bring you more, not structure things as though it were so and wish that it was.

This forum is a stream of consciousness.  It's not unmanageable in it's present state, so there's no reason to split the stream.

If you want to, then do it, but it won't actually affect anything other than forcing you to click on more things and remember where you were in two streams instead of just one.

Well what's going to bring more people here? A big pile of disorganized shit, scattered all over any number of pages or a neat and orderly format where topics of interest are easier to locate?

Currently both this place a Van are of the big pile of crap type of forum. Now ask yourself; exactly how many new members has either place attracted in the past year? I think the answer is almost none. And yes I'm NOT including existing nuisance posters creating additional handles. Those we can do completely without.

I'm all for trying a new format. I'm not saying every category is going to be a hit but it can't perform any worse than the current format has. Right now the stagnation in terms of new incoming members is growing more obvious by the day.

I totally agree with Renee and share in her frustration about how the board is scattered. Pooh thread? Really?

we need to fix this shit right now.

That thread should be deleted. Can you do that Keeper? If you can, you should.

Yes he can.

reel

I honestly thought when you said you were getting rid of guest posting, you meant that you were getting rid of guest posting - ie. pushing the big red delete button and evacuating the whole mess.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"I honestly thought when you said you were getting rid of guest posting, you meant that you were getting rid of guest posting - ie. pushing the big red delete button and evacuating the whole mess.

Whatever reels, just as long as it's gone.

RW

So what's the word Fash?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So what's the word Fash?

I'm sorry RW, what's the question?

ac_blush

RW

Categories/sub forums - we giving it a go?  Yay or nay?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Categories/sub forums - we giving it a go?  Yay or nay?

Sure we can RW..

Do you want to start with politics?

Should I start it new or put some threads in it?

RW

Start it fresh so Romero doesn't cry.

Maybe make a new home for our more "colourful" posters like Odinson and RDL.
Beware of Gaslighters!