The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Dear Friends

Started by Bricktop, May 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Start it fresh so Romero doesn't cry.

Maybe make a new home for our more "colourful" posters like Odinson and RDL.

What do you suggest as a name for it?

Will politics do?

Renee

I don't want to use the term "prison" but can it be like permanent and escape proof?  ac_biggrin  acc_brix
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Will politics do?

Sure
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Will politics do?

Sure

Politics it will be then RW..

We can always change it or even get rid of the sub forum if posters want to.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Sure can :)

I have to empty the dishwasher, clean the table and counters, sweep and then I will do it..

I will say in three quarters of an hour.

keeper

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "reel"I never think too small.

You need more people for this to have value.  If you want more people, you need to focus on what will bring you more, not structure things as though it were so and wish that it was.

This forum is a stream of consciousness.  It's not unmanageable in it's present state, so there's no reason to split the stream.

If you want to, then do it, but it won't actually affect anything other than forcing you to click on more things and remember where you were in two streams instead of just one.

Well what's going to bring more people here? A big pile of disorganized shit, scattered all over any number of pages or a neat and orderly format where topics of interest are easier to locate?

Currently both this place a Van are of the big pile of crap type of forum. Now ask yourself; exactly how many new members has either place attracted in the past year? I think the answer is almost none. And yes I'm NOT including existing nuisance posters creating additional handles. Those we can do completely without.

I'm all for trying a new format. I'm not saying every category is going to be a hit but it can't perform any worse than the current format has. Right now the stagnation in terms of new incoming members is growing more obvious by the day.

I totally agree with Renee and share in her frustration about how the board is scattered. Pooh thread? Really?

we need to fix this shit right now.

That thread should be deleted. Can you do that Keeper? If you can, you should.

Done!!  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "reel"I never think too small.

You need more people for this to have value.  If you want more people, you need to focus on what will bring you more, not structure things as though it were so and wish that it was.

This forum is a stream of consciousness.  It's not unmanageable in it's present state, so there's no reason to split the stream.

If you want to, then do it, but it won't actually affect anything other than forcing you to click on more things and remember where you were in two streams instead of just one.

Well what's going to bring more people here? A big pile of disorganized shit, scattered all over any number of pages or a neat and orderly format where topics of interest are easier to locate?

Currently both this place a Van are of the big pile of crap type of forum. Now ask yourself; exactly how many new members has either place attracted in the past year? I think the answer is almost none. And yes I'm NOT including existing nuisance posters creating additional handles. Those we can do completely without.

I'm all for trying a new format. I'm not saying every category is going to be a hit but it can't perform any worse than the current format has. Right now the stagnation in terms of new incoming members is growing more obvious by the day.

I totally agree with Renee and share in her frustration about how the board is scattered. Pooh thread? Really?

we need to fix this shit right now.

That thread should be deleted. Can you do that Keeper? If you can, you should.

Done!!  ac_biggrin

Thanks pal. ac_drinks

Anonymous

Soon all the former guest posting threads will be off the first page.

Bricktop

Will politics do?

I was thinking of "Spectre's Spitoon"...but that is a bit coarse.

Good call, Fashionista. Saved the day, so to speak. I will do all I can to create threads that attract interest and discussion, and I'm sure if Canadian politics are included it will appeal to all.

No threads need to be moved, except at the discretion of the mods. I do hope Romerotard embraces his responsibility to the forum, and does his very best to exclude personal feelings from the issue.

And if he has any personal issues, my PM box is available to him 24/7.

Unless he does a Munday.... ac_umm

reel

I have a lot of personal issues.  Why does only Romero get the offer to talk about his?

reel

That was an unfortunate top

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

I was thinking of "Spectre's Spitoon"...but that is a bit coarse.

Good call, Fashionista. Saved the day, so to speak. I will do all I can to create threads that attract interest and discussion, and I'm sure if Canadian politics are included it will appeal to all.

No threads need to be moved, except at the discretion of the mods. I do hope Romerotard embraces his responsibility to the forum, and does his very best to exclude personal feelings from the issue.

And if he has any personal issues, my PM box is available to him 24/7.

Unless he does a Munday.... ac_umm

What are you talking about Sox? He's not crazy about the idea, that's all.

Bricktop

He's not crazy about it because of personal animosity. THAT'S all.

RW

Quote from: "reel"I have a lot of personal issues.  Why does only Romero get the offer to talk about his?

I'm sure Spec will accept your PM :)
Beware of Gaslighters!