The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Dear Friends

Started by Bricktop, May 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

He advocated for categories long ago.  Most people who post regularly expressed wanting to try it.  You are being obstinate because you don't like him.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

He's talking about removing threads he doesn't like off the main page. He's one poster. Why should he get to decide where everyone else gets to post? I don't want any of my threads removed from the main page. Nobody does.

I don't like his threads. So make a sub-forum for his threads and I'll move them all there. Okay?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"He's talking about removing threads he doesn't like off the main page. He's one poster. Why should he get to decide where everyone else gets to post? I don't want any of my threads removed from the main page. Nobody does.

I don't like his threads. So make a sub-forum for his threads and I'll move them all there. Okay?

I have been on forums where it did work. They had a lot more traffic though. If we allowed guests to view us again and added some new posters it MIGHT work. However, as it stands right now, I tend to agree with you.

RW

You are stuck on repeat Ro.  Categories aren't punishment and can you explain if he hates these thread so much, why has he agreed to spend so much time with them in a sub forum?

I'd like to try CATEGORIES like MOST FORUMS DO to see how it works out.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"He's talking about removing threads he doesn't like off the main page. He's one poster. Why should he get to decide where everyone else gets to post? I don't want any of my threads removed from the main page. Nobody does.

I have been on forums where it did work. They had a lot more traffic though. If we allowed guests to view us again and added some new posters it MIGHT work. However, as it stands right now, I tend to agree with you.

I've seen small forums have way more posts because of categories.  I saw it on Blurt's board.  I've seen it on start ups.  They work regardless of traffic as I was under an earlier impression that they didn't as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"You are stuck on repeat Ro.  Categories aren't punishment and can you explain if he hates these thread so much, why has he agreed to spend so much time with them in a sub forum?

If it's what members want then we'll give it a shot. I'm sure it'll be a smashing success. We'll call it "The Heat II".

But threads are not going to be removed from the main page just because ONE poster doesn't want to see them.

Romero

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

I've seen small forums have way more posts because of categories.  I saw it on Blurt's board.  I've seen it on start ups.  They work regardless of traffic as I was under an earlier impression that they didn't as well.

Blurtsome currently doesn't have any sub-forums.

RW

The original Blurtsome ya ninny.  It was more active than the current one has been.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"You are stuck on repeat Ro.  Categories aren't punishment and can you explain if he hates these thread so much, why has he agreed to spend so much time with them in a sub forum?

If it's what members want then we'll give it a shot. I'm sure it'll be a smashing success. We'll call it "The Heat II".

But threads are not going to be removed from the main page just because ONE poster doesn't want to see them.

Pick up your needle slappy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Personally I don't see why anyone would want to post here if they have to sift through pages and pages of shit just to find a topic that interests them. Categories will make it much easier to identify topics you are interested in. Almost every other forum I've belonged to for the past decade eventually went to a category type format and it seemed to have worked. The resistance to trying something new smacks way too much of Van like atitudes.

I wonder if there would be so much push back if someone other than Spectre had suggested it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Romerotard, you can shove your forum up your ignorant ass.

If that is to be your attitude, fuck you and fuck your forum.

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"Personally I don't see why anyone would want to post here if they have to sift through pages and pages of shit just to find a topic that interests them. Categories will make it much easier to identify topics you are interested in. Almost every other forum I've belonged to for the past decade eventually went to a category type format and it seemed to have worked. The resistance to trying something new smacks way too much of Van like atitudes.

I wonder if there would be so much push back if someone other than Spectre had suggested it.

He doesn't just want categories. He wants threads he doesn't like removed from the main page into those categories. And you've already called the idea a "waste of time" earlier in this thread.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"Personally I don't see why anyone would want to post here if they have to sift through pages and pages of shit just to find a topic that interests them. Categories will make it much easier to identify topics you are interested in. Almost every other forum I've belonged to for the past decade eventually went to a category type format and it seemed to have worked. The resistance to trying something new smacks way too much of Van like atitudes.

Of course not.  Romero doesn't like him.  Period.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

Romerotard, you can shove your forum up your ignorant ass.

If that is to be your attitude, fuck you and fuck your forum.

It's not HIS forum.  He has ONE opinion and it's an opinion that the majority doesn't seem to share.

Calm down.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Of course not.  Romero doesn't like him.  Period.

One person does not have the right to decide which threads get removed from the main page.