Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Dear Friends

Started by Bricktop, May 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Are you not listening to everyone else in this thread?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Has anyone said they would like their threads moved into some sub-forum against their wishes? I don't think so.

Go ahead and hold a vote.

RW

Then let's make categories so no one is being moved into a "sub forum".
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

It's time for the, "DECIDER!"  ac_toofunny
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Then let's make categories so no one is being moved into a "sub forum".

We can make categories if our members want.

RW

Hey Ro, thanks for sharing your opinion.  I hope Fash has enough sense to read what you are ignoring.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

I highly doubt Fash would ever want SPECTRE to decide which threads should be removed from the main page because he personally doesn't like them.

RW

And there we have it folks.  Romero denying the idea of a poster because HE doesn't like him.

Thanks for showing your personal bias over the interest of this forum and its members.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Renee"Personally I don't see why anyone would want to post here if they have to sift through pages and pages of shit just to find a topic that interests them. Categories will make it much easier to identify topics you are interested in. Almost every other forum I've belonged to for the past decade eventually went to a category type format and it seemed to have worked. The resistance to trying something new smacks way too much of Van like atitudes.

I wonder if there would be so much push back if someone other than Spectre had suggested it.

He doesn't just want categories. He wants threads he doesn't like removed from the main page into those categories. And you've already called the idea a "waste of time" earlier in this thread.

He wants threads put into categories. It has very little to do with what he likes or doesn't like. SPECTRE has no problem with the threads themselves. This whole issue was generated because last week there were about 5 threads on front page were devoted to the Candian elections and they were clogging the main page. You would know this If you could manage to read more than one or two of the most recent posts in any given thread.

As for whether or not I think it's a waste of time is sort of irrelevant. Again if you could read you would understand that I was against posting in a sociopolitical sub forum based on the current membership. I am of the opinion that any sociopolitical discussions within the confines of this small circle will do nothing but degenerate into the kind of useless circular arguements that are a waste of time. BUT that doesn't mean I'm against sub categorization of topics, especially if someone is willing to make the effort to moderate and maintain the sub.

I still don't understand why you are against this idea other than the fact that you have an issue with SPECTRE.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I assure you Renee had you or Shen or anyone else suggested it, there wouldn't be this debate.  Frankly, Romero's attitude reeks of VF, which I think most of us agree we don't want to be just another version of.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "Renee"He wants threads put into categories. It has very little to do with what he likes or doesn't like. SPECTRE has no problem with the threads themselves.

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"because its buried beneath issues about Canada, in which a number of us have no interest

I knew this was really about your dislike of Canadian threads!

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I thought this place was not going to be a carbon copy of Van...where the Canadian theme is part of its DNA, and so is perfectly reasonable to expect.

Quote from: "SPECTRE"That's what I propose we rename this forum to.

5 threads about CANADIAN politics???

ac_wot

As you can see, he doesn't like the Canadian threads and wants them removed from the main page. He has gone into some of these threads to complain about them.

He does not like them.

Right now there are three threads regarding Canadian issues out of twenty-five on the main page. That's not a huge deal or hassle, and they don't deserve to be hidden away in some sub-forum because one person doesn't like them.

RW

I found 5 threads about the same thing annoying.  Am I evil too?

Keep digging that hole Romero.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Romero and hysterics, perfect together.

Why am I not surprised?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

It's the way he rolls.  What's worse is Spec seems to give him weight.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I found 5 threads about the same thing annoying.  Am I evil too?

Keep digging that hole Romero.

Would you remove threads you don't like from the main page?