Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Welcome To My Nightmare

Started by Bricktop, May 17, 2015, 09:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I stole this from "over there", but it is a highly illustrative narrative about Serotonin Syndrome; the effects of withdrawal from a drug called Effexor.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/started-from-the-psych-meds-now-im-fucked-398">http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/started- ... fucked-398">http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/started-from-the-psych-meds-now-im-fucked-398

I recently experienced this phenomenon, and it was perhaps the most horrifying few weeks of my life.

RW can testify to that.

This stuff fucks you up.

RW

I read that and kept thinking it was like you were writing it yourself.

I'm on this shit and I'm scared to the point that I want to go off of it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

If I could articulate it, it would read exactly like that.

Chemical Hell, baby...

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I stole this from "over there", but it is a highly illustrative narrative about Serotonin Syndrome; the effects of withdrawal from a drug called Effexor.

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/started-from-the-psych-meds-now-im-fucked-398">http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/started- ... fucked-398">http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/started-from-the-psych-meds-now-im-fucked-398

I recently experienced this phenomenon, and it was perhaps the most horrifying few weeks of my life.

RW can testify to that.

This stuff fucks you up.

What does this drug treat SPECTRE?

Bricktop

Depression.

It is the most common Anti-Depressant in use today. However, it is becoming clear that after many patients have been using it over a period of years, withdrawal is a major issue. That is not to say that its not effective. It is. But it is rather like using a chainsaw where a scalpel would be more appropriate.

New drugs that are more like a scalpel and becoming available, and so now we're seeing an exodus away from Efexxor to less disruptive alternatives, like Brintellix.

Annie

My doctor put me on Zoloft and Risperdal many years ago.  It brought on other problems. I hadn't slept walked since I was a kid but this brought it back as well as nightmares. I weened myself off of them and found other ways to deal with depression and anxiety.  I'm now on a very low anti depressant and Melatonin.  I'm on a high dose on anti inflammatories but I only take them when I absolutely have so because of the weight gain and the burning a hole in the stomache thing.  My Dr. every once in awhile when I'm down, wants to push higher ant depressants. If I'd listened to him, I'd be on too many to count! I think a lot of times stuff is prescribed without enough testing or enough results. I  think we're just guinea pigs for the pharmaceutical companies.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Depression.

It is the most common Anti-Depressant in use today. However, it is becoming clear that after many patients have been using it over a period of years, withdrawal is a major issue. That is not to say that its not effective. It is. But it is rather like using a chainsaw where a scalpel would be more appropriate.

New drugs that are more like a scalpel and becoming available, and so now we're seeing an exodus away from Efexxor to less disruptive alternatives, like Brintellix.

None of my biz Socks, but I am curious how this illness affected your job performance?

Annie

Quote from: "Shen Li"

None of my biz Socks, but I am curious how this illness affected your job performance?

Or was this illness brought ON by your job? I've heard stories of post traumatic stress from high stress jobs.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Bricktop

Quote from: "Shen Li"

No major issues. Especially as I am retired.

But in the past few months, perhaps a year, its been really bad and I doubt I could have worked effectively. Hard to say. When the A/D's are doing their thing, everything is normal. People will never be aware I am a depressive unless I tell them. But in recent times, they have ceased their efficacy, and that coincided, thankfully, with new medications. I am far better now.

But the real issue is the transition from old to new. That was a bitch, and I am still experiencing hotspots.

RW

I think she meant your job as a cop.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"I think she meant your job as a cop.

Oh.

Well, I was in good company, for a start.

It probably did...but its very hard to distinguish actions based on reason and logic from actions based on fear and hate when dealing with bad people.

I was a cop because I wanted the respect and status denied me by my dysfunctional and useless parents. I probably acted more officiously to people I resented because they were better than me.

When I realised I wasn't really a cop...just playing a role, I left.

Berry Sweet

I was once on Effexor...hated it.  Even if I missed on day, my head would "pop"...I gto ff and went on something else.  Depression is ahrd battle, but mostly always staying positive and mediation helps.

In other news, my baby daddy is moving back to my area.  Not very happy about this but I do admit, I do need the help, LO is getting big.  Sadly for him his relationship is not working out and I think he's splitting, the tale of this is quit a serious one...altho I do feel bad for what he has to go thru, I can't feel sorry for him as he chose this path and it's upto him to get out of it.  But like I said, can't feel for him cause I've got to take care of myself and LO.  I just hope he doesn't try anything stupid.