The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Service, Singapore style...

Started by Bricktop, June 03, 2015, 03:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Ignoring Renee's advice to ensure my manly carry bag is secure and intact, I found myself in urgent need of a replacement to the one I left Oz with. The latch broke at the airport as I was checking in.

My Singaporean associate kindly took me to a department store where a replacement could be had without bank finance. Singapore is NOT a cheap place to shop.

I found a suitable replacement with the help of a sales assistant, a lady of about 40 (and the same height, in centimetres!!!).

Once I had committed to purchase, she took my poor, broken and soon to be retired bag, emptied the contents into the new bag in the correct places....cash in this compartment, cards in that, pen here so not to scratch the phone that goes in that area. Incredibly helpful. Once she'd finished, I took my goods to the cashier, and was in the process of paying when she came rushing up "Sir...Sir!!!" I asked what the problem was, and she told me that she had forgotten the free gift that came with the purchase.

I had no clue there was a free gift...no signs or anything...nor did I much care. I wanted just the bag.

She gave me a boxed pen, then took it back to add batteries. It was also a laser pointer, and iPad touchpen. She showed me in detail how to transform from pen to pointer to pad or phone stylus, but the laser beam seemed insipid.

So, she took me back to her counter, took another pen from the shelf, repeated the set up and was satisifed it was working correctly.

This, for a freebie that I initially knew nothing about.

Many western nations can learn much from Singaporean service quality.

RW

You think no Westerner has ever gone above and beyond for a customer?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

When the sales clerk came up to SPECTRE and said they forgot the free gift, I thought it was going to be a "happy ending".  

But it was just a shitty pen. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

You can get a date in a western shoe store.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"You think no Westerner has ever gone above and beyond for a customer?

Nope, white people are too lazy and fucking useless.

reel

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"You think no Westerner has ever gone above and beyond for a customer?

Hey!  I used to do stuff like that all the time when I worked retail.  I even let a woman take pics of my lips so she could get her plastic surgeon to put them on her face.

Fuck pens.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

Hey!  I used to do stuff like that all the time when I worked retail.  I even let a woman take pics of my lips so she could get her plastic surgeon to put them on her face.

Fuck pens.

Exactly, it's like going to Yankee stadium on "Bat Day".

Who the fuck want's that free throw away shit?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"Where are you staying?

Hello reel, I'm so happy to see you here again.

ac_smile

Odinson

Hows that Charger project going?

Bricktop

Last day in the pearl of the orient...all good...moving on to Cambodia this evening.

Had too much fun. Singaporeans, like all Chinese, know how to treat guests.

For example, yesterday we went to lunch. Having gorged ceaselessly for the preceding two days, we implored our host to provide only a "light" meal...

So, he ordered what in Singapore is a "light" meal; that is, enough food to feed Renee three times over.

During the meal, the hostess in the restaurant came over and castigated our host for being disrespectful to his guests, us. He did not order enough food!!! They called him rude!!

He tried to explain it was the behest of his guests for only a small setting, but she was most indignant that he would treat guests in such a miserly manner.

Annie

Quote from: "Renee"When the sales clerk came up to SPECTRE and said they forgot the free gift, I thought it was going to be a "happy ending".  

But it was just a shitty pen. ac_biggrin

ac_lmfao  too funny
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

"Not enough food" said no Italian ever.  We don't do "light".
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

Quote from: "RW""Not enough food" said no Italian ever.  We don't do "light".

ac_smile