Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Bien venu a Cambodia.

Started by Bricktop, June 05, 2015, 09:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

So, I've arrived in this fascinating country with such a tragic past.

The people are overwhelmingly lovely, and the pride in their recovering nation is obvious.

Siem Reap 10 years ago had 5 hotels, ranging from squalid to "No bugs"

It now boasts 245 hotels, ranging all the way to 5 star. Tourists are a massive source of revenue. I have yet to see local currency, because US dollars are the currency of choice.

Cambodians are quite small compared to westerners. We tower over them. They are much more lithe and wiry.

Haven't seen the sights yet, I arrived late due to flight delays. Today will be a big day.

Its hot...more Australian heat than Singaporean. Not as oppressive.

For Renee's hilarity...my neighbour on the aircraft from Singapore was an American...from Boston, New England. Amazingly, he was most enightened and friendly. He knew about North Korea and had heard of Australia. I was astonished.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"So, I've arrived in this fascinating country with such a tragic past.

The people are overwhelmingly lovely, and the pride in their recovering nation is obvious.

It now boasts 245 hotels, ranging all the way to 5 star. Tourists are a massive source of revenue. I have yet to see local currency, because US dollars are the currency of choice.

Cambodians are quite small compared to westerners. We tower over them. They are much more lithe and wiry.

Haven't seen the sights yet, I arrived late due to flight delays. Today will be a big day.

For Renee's hilarity...my neighbour on the aircraft from Singapore was an American...from Boston, New England. Amazingly, he was most enightened and friendly. He knew about North Korea and had heard of Australia. I was astonished.

Well your ignorance regarding most Americans is no secret to most of us and being that you are an Aussie, no surprise either.

Have a nice rest of your trip, old man. Try not to get sick or die before you get back to wombat central.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"So, I've arrived in this fascinating country with such a tragic past.

Pics or it never fucking happened. ac_toofunny

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Pride huh..

I dont know man.. They sunk pretty low when they were nice to you.