The best topic

Replies: 10414
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 22, 2024, 08:17:40 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Happy Saturday to all.

Personally, I think that many people out there who can make very good contributions want intelligent interactions with others but who wants to go back to a place where you are shot at and attacked if you happen to disagree with their philosophy or principle or if you did not vote for the same candidate? When it seems to be impossible to have an intelligent exchange then that is unfortunate. I think forums attract what they support.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Happy Saturday to all.

Personally, I think that many people out there who can make very good contributions want intelligent interactions with others but who wants to go back to a place where you are shot at and attacked if you happen to disagree with their philosophy or principle or if you did not vote for the same candidate? When it seems to be impossible to have an intelligent exchange then that is unfortunate. I think forums attract what they support.

You make some very good points Azhya..

One thing I deliberately try to avoid is politics..

I find that easy anyway because I am apolitical..

One regret I have is that I used to be too aggressive in sharing my faith on this board..

I even had a thread here titled Christian Corner that I now know turned off a lot of people..

It appeared as though I was hitting posters over the head with the bible..

So, for that reason I will no longer be the first person to mention my faith..

If someone else raises the subject, I will respond, but I will no longer initiate it..

I should not have done that in the past everyone and I am sorry for it.

@realAzhyaAryola

Hm, I did not think you would succumb, Fash, because God's warriors are taught never to be ashamed of sharing the word. I know this because I grew up with family and friends who are God's warriors. I call them that. However, it's all up to you really. They who don't want to read it don't have to go to that thread to read it. Why can't they just ignore it? I ignore posters I don't want to read and I ignore content I don't want to read. Come on, I don't have time for all things posted.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Hm, I did not think you would succumb, Fash, because God's warriors are taught never to be ashamed of sharing the word. I know this because I grew up with family and friends who are God's warriors. I call them that. However, it's all up to you really. They who don't want to read it don't have to go to that thread to read it. Why can't they just ignore it? I ignore posters I don't want to read and I ignore content I don't want to read. Come on, I don't have time for all things posted.

Ohm, please don't misunderstand me Azhya..

I am never ashamed of my faith in God, but I am disappointed with how I presented it..

The bible tells us to Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven..

That is far more effective in my view than the aggressive way I was doing it here before.

@realAzhyaAryola

Maybe you can still do it, Fash, but not as aggressively as you believe you did before.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

By the way, Fash, my family and friends who are God's warriors are aggressive. They mean business, Fash. They're not spreading the word in a half-baked manner. They want to bring as many people to the light as they can. One example is someone I know very well who is trying to encourage all her gay/homosexual family and friends to "return to God." She keeps telling them to discontinue their ways that are an abomination.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Maybe you can still do it, Fash, but not as aggressively as you believe you did before.

Whenever God offers me a chance to share what he has done for me, I will always accept it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"By the way, Fash, my family and friends who are God's warriors are aggressive. They mean business, Fash. They're not spreading the word in a half-baked manner. They want to bring as many people to the light as they can. One example is someone I know very well who is trying to encourage all her gay/homosexual family and friends to "return to God." She keeps telling them to discontinue their ways that are an abomination.

That is not what my faith is about..

It's our God's job to judge, not mine.

@realAzhyaAryola

Glad to hear that, Fash. I agree with you.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Glad to hear that, Fash. I agree with you.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Happy Saturday to all.

That is all the fault of a schizo owner who would rather keep oddstain and SMP around than an outstanding, mainstream poster like RW.

I like VF when I first joined, but since the owner went nuts, it went South.

Obvious Li

200 pages...who woulda thunk it just two short years ago...... ac_dance  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"200 pages...who woulda thunk it just two short years ago...... ac_dance  ac_drinks

We would have been well over that if I had not deleted my posts over oddstain when I was admin.

Anonymous

I wanna jump in the hot tub with Keeps. Can you pick me up at the airport in Phoenix Keeps?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"200 pages...who woulda thunk it just two short years ago...... ac_dance  ac_drinks

We would have been well over that if I had not deleted my posts over my oddstain loss of face when I was admin.