The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"After putting in my good 8 hours at work and then coming to the forum to find a 4-paged thread, I resolve to let it go. I don't have time to read back pages of posts. It's okay. I can miss some posts. Life goes on. Carry on.  ac_biggrin

I too have put many on ignore especially the mentally ill.

Hello Azhya, I do that too.

ac_hithere

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I just put Oddball on my foe list and he is officially ignored.

That makes two for me, Odie and SMP; both pet nutjobs of the management.

I finally put Odi on my foe list yesterday along with evs. Eliminated an incoherent European welfare skid and a nasty, immature bipolar twat in one fell swoop. Woo hoo, I should have listened to Azhya's advice long ago.

QuoteI loathe dumb humans.

As do I AA. ac_drinks

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I just put Oddball on my foe list and he is officially ignored.

That makes two for me, Odie and SMP; both pet nutjobs of the management.

I finally put Odi on my foe list yesterday along with evs. Eliminated an incoherent European welfare skid and a nasty, immature bipolar twat in one fell swoop. Woo hoo, I should have listened to Azhya's advice long ago.

As do I AA. ac_drinks

The problem with putting evs on ignore is that she has too many sycophantic individuals on the forum that will echo her sentiment. So unless you put all her toadies on ignore as well you will never really be free of her snide little attitude.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

The problem with putting evs on ignore is that she has too many sycophantic individuals on the forum that will echo her sentiment. So unless you put all her toadies on ignore as well you will never really be free of her snide little attitude.

That reminds me of something last night in that thread mimi started about the spamtards. Evs stated her usual dictatorial position that it's her way or the highway. Inky and asal said they are not crazy about a separate thread for nonsense posts. Even though most people that responded liked the idea, evs chimes in how she was pleased to see some people agreeing with her. ac_rollseyes

Is she so insecure she craves affirmation that much??  ac_huh If she wasn't so full of pathetically nasty immature outbursts, I'd feel sorry for her bipolar disorder.

Anyway, toadies or not, I'm glad I put those two knuckleheads on ignore.

Renee

That reminds me of something last night in that thread mimi started about the spamtards. Evs stated her usual dictatorial position that it's her way or the highway. Inky and asal said they are not crazy about a separate thread for nonsense posts. Even though most people that responded liked the idea, evs chimes in how she was pleased to see some people agreeing with her. ac_rollseyes

Is she so insecure she craves affirmation that much??  ac_huh If she wasn't so full of pathetically nasty immature outbursts, I'd feel sorry for her bipolar disorder.

Have you ever considered that evs might be a victim of PTSD? She did live through bombings and God knows what other shit during the Balkan conflict. Some of the atrocities committed against civilians during that war were horrific and God knows what she was exposed to.  ac_unsure  

It might explain some of her erratic nastiness and outbursts. Her politics and social point of view are insufferable alone but add something like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder to the mix and you can really have one mentally unbalanced creature on your hands.

I'm not asking you to take pity on her or anything like that; all I'm saying is that maybe some of her obnoxiousness may not be under her control.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Have you ever considered that evs might be a victim of PTSD? She did live through bombings and God knows what other shit during the Balkan conflict. Some of the atrocities committed against civilians during that war were horrific and God knows what she was exposed to.  ac_unsure  

It might explain some of her erratic nastiness and outbursts. Her politics and social point of view are insufferable alone but add something like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder to the mix and you can really have one mentally unbalanced creature on your hands.

I'm not asking you to take pity on her or anything like that; all I'm saying is that maybe some of her obnoxiousness may not be under her control.

My father was in prison in Taiwan forty years ago for his opposition to Chiang Kai Shek's regime..

He was beaten and tortured as well as being denied the opportunity to attend law school..

Even today the evidence of PTSD is still there..

If evs is suffering from PTSD, my heart goes out to her.

ac_crying

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Have you ever considered that evs might be a victim of PTSD? She did live through bombings and God knows what other shit during the Balkan conflict. Some of the atrocities committed against civilians during that war were horrific and God knows what she was exposed to.  ac_unsure  

What you are saying is plausible, but I still say the crazy seeds were sprouting before that started. One of the best posters who still drops by VF is Mad Serb. He also was in that late 90's conflict. Do you see him spewing unprovoked, vile, nasty, immature sewage at people? Does he post erratic outbursts for no reason like you know who? He is a conservative, but does he display any of her insufferable obnoxious extremism?

No, I say the seeds of that totally unhinged lunatic were sown before any conflict.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Have you ever considered that evs might be a victim of PTSD? She did live through bombings and God knows what other shit during the Balkan conflict. Some of the atrocities committed against civilians during that war were horrific and God knows what she was exposed to.  ac_unsure  

What you are saying is plausible, but I still say the crazy seeds were sprouting before that started. One of the best posters who still drops by VF is Mad Serb. He also was in that late 90's conflict. Do you see him spewing unprovoked, vile, nasty, immature sewage at people? Does he post erratic outbursts for no reason? He is a conservative, but does he display any of her insufferable obnoxiousness?

No, I say the seeds of that totally unhinged lunatic were sown before any conflict.

Different people handle different situations differently.

My dad served in the army during Vietnam in the late 60s as did many of his buddies; most saw combat in the field. Some came back fucked up, some not so much; some came back in a bag. My dad was one of the luckier ones. He showed no signs of PSTD outwardly, but he carried emotional scars hidden away for years. If he had shown any sign of mental trauma he never would have been on a police force. I think my mom knew he was having issues but we kids and his superiors and fellow officers never knew until they manifested after an incident were he was shot and wounded on a routine domestic. he was then put on medical leave and ordered to see a police psychological therapist. When he went back to work he was put on desk duty which he absolutely hated and I think he went for therapy for over 2 years before he was active in the field again.

So it's not that cut and dry.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Different people handle different situations differently.

My dad served in the army during Vietnam in the late 60s as did many of his buddies; most saw combat in the field. Some came back fucked up, some not so much; some came back in a bag. My dad was one of the luckier ones. He showed no signs of PSTD outwardly, but he carried emotional scars hidden away for years. If he had shown any sign of mental trauma he never would have been on a police force. I think my mom knew he was having issues but we kids and his superiors and fellow officers never knew until they manifested after an incident were he was shot and wounded on a routine domestic. he was then put on medical leave and ordered to see a police psychological therapist. When he went back to work he was put on desk duty which he absolutely hated and I think he went for therapy for over 2 years before he was active in the field again.

First of all, I didn't know your Daddy was a cop. I didn't know he was war vet either. Both jobs would expose him to things no eyes should have to see. That's a helluva lot for one person to deal with in only one lifetime.

I remember OL saying he has known evs from forums for about 12 years. He said in that time, he has seen her go from a well-adjusted poster to the nasty, immature, outburst-prone unstable, nutjob she is today. Hell, even in the 4 years I have known her, I have seen her mental health deteriorate. I know it's possible her condition could be due to PTSD as you have suggested. However, I still say the seeds of her instability were sown long ago, but only started sprouting in recent years.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Different people handle different situations differently.

First of all, I didn't know your Daddy was a cop. I didn't know he was war vet either. Both jobs would expose him to things no eyes should have to see. That's a helluva lot for one person to deal with in only one lifetime.

I remember OL saying he has known evs from forums for about 12 years. He said in that time, he has seen her go from a well-adjusted poster to the nasty, immature, outburst-prone unstable, nutjob she is today. Hell, even in the 4 years I have known her, I have seen her mental health deteriorate. I know it's possible her condition could be due to PTSD as you have suggested. However, I still say the seeds of her instability were sown long ago, but only started sprouting in recent years.

Yeah, my dad was a 25 year veteran of a police force and retired as a Lieutenant. He served in the army I think from 1967 to 1971. I believe he did 2 tours in Nam. In fact my parents were married while he was still in the army and they lived on base at Fort Benning NC. for a time. My older brother was born there.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"I finally put Odi on my foe list yesterday along with evs. Eliminated an incoherent European welfare skid and a nasty, immature bipolar twat in one fell swoop. Woo hoo, I should have listened to Azhya's advice long ago.

As do I AA. ac_drinks

The drinks are on me, Shen! Woohoo!  ac_drinks  ac_dance

I've turned a new leaf. I finally put my foot down. I'm not going to waste my time on these people. I deactivated facebook. I finally felt I've had enough. I put on ignore all the posters I can't stand and I really don't care what they have to say. They can say anything they want about me. They don't know me so it useless chatter. It's like farting in the wind.  ac_toofunny  I don't feel I'm missing out on anything and I am happier this way.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I finally put Odi on my foe list yesterday along with evs. Eliminated an incoherent European welfare skid and a nasty, immature bipolar twat in one fell swoop. Woo hoo, I should have listened to Azhya's advice long ago.

As do I AA. ac_drinks

The drinks are on me, Shen! Woohoo!  ac_drinks  ac_dance

I've turned a new leaf. I finally put my foot down. I'm not going to waste my time on these people. I deactivated facebook. I finally felt I've had enough. I put on ignore all the posters I can't stand and I really don't care what they have to say. They can say anything they want about me. They don't know me so it useless chatter. It's like farting in the wind.  ac_toofunny  I don't feel I'm missing out on anything and I am happier this way.

You deactivated your facebook?

ac_wot

How did your friends react to that Azhya Aryola?

@realAzhyaAryola

No, Fash. Haha! I'm no missionary. I used to travel with a team of economists and each visit we made to different countries was called a "mission."
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"No, Fash. Haha! I'm no missionary. I used to travel with a team of economists and each visit we made to different countries was called a "mission."

Your an economist Azhya Aryola?

I'm only an administrative assistant.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"You deactivated your facebook?

ac_wot

How did your friends react to that Azhya Aryola?

Fash, many said, "Wow! You did?! Why?" Whenever I get that kind of question, I want to say, "WHY NOT!?" I'm just fed up with all the boasting and showing off. Each visit to facebook made me consider that we have become such a narcissistic society. I don't like it. Of course, it does not help matters when they make gadgets for the purpose of selfies. AAAAAA!!! That just drives me nuts. Time spent looking in facebook, reading people's drivel, browsing through their photos is wasting precious precious time, time that takes you away from worthier pursuits.

When you deactivate your account, you can activate it any time. You will go back to where you left off. So, if you deactivate your account, make sure you remember your password because you'll need to remember that when you reactivate your account once again.
@realAzhyaAryola