The best topic

Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"You choose to understand the words differently?

Psalm 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;

all who follow his precepts have good understanding.

To him belongs eternal praise.

Do you think that all those whom have not embraiced christianity go to hell? All those people before Jesus went to hell and are now in eternal torment for not knowing?

Good understanding and the fear of lord and eternal praising of him did not save those thousands of kids, women, men in Chad! What do you know about the real world?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"You choose to understand the words differently?

Psalm 111:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;

all who follow his precepts have good understanding.

To him belongs eternal praise.

Do you think that all those whom have not embraiced christianity go to hell? All those people before Jesus went to hell and are now in eternal torment for not knowing?

Good understanding and the fear of lord and eternal praising of him did not save those thousands of kids, women, men in Chad! What do you know about the real world?

All I can tell you is what the bible says..

Romans 1:18–20 (NIV)

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made so that people are without excuse.  

Matt. 19:14

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these"

One day Jesus' disciples asked him, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" (Matt. 18:1). They assumed that Jesus would pick one of them—perhaps Peter, his lead apostle, or John. His answer must have shocked them:

He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 18:2-4).

Anonymous

^^Fash, the bible thumping is getting a little too heavy lately.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"^^Fash, the bible thumping is getting a little too heavy lately.

I will attempt to limit talking about my relationship with God through Jesus Christ to the Christian Corner thread..

There are times when it fits the thread, but as a rule the effort will be made to keep Christian posts in their right thread.

Anonymous

As I have said before every now and then a little common sense pragmatism appears on VF. This one comes to us from Leopardsocks.
QuoteAn "Arts" degree contributes what to society? How do you make your money? Where does it come from? From who's pocket?

Lots of people make lots of money...like sports stars, musicians, artists and writers...each and every one overvalued.

Musicians, actors, writers, athletes and other celebutards have an outrageously inflated sense of their contribution to society. Less than any major retailer to be exact.

As for liberal farts degrees, it reminds me of the line from the movie Good Will Hunting...why spend thousands to learn what you can for $1.50 in late charges at the public library (and since that movie came out you can probably get it all for free online).  Spend money to learn something that will get you employed.  Learn the fluff for free.

Obvious Li

true dat..i've also never understood why it takes four years to get a degree....a hold over from the 18th. century....if you condensed whatever courses are actually required and applicable to a particular designation it could quite easily be accomplished in one year or perhaps 18 months...but four years....do away with all the electives and bullshit classes.....what do classes on pop music have to do with mechanical engineering...FFS.

Anonymous

Art, music, sports and literature are not essential services like what a civil engineer, dentist or an electrician provide..

Pop music, movies and the NHL are nice luxuries, but they are paid much more than they are worth.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"Art, music, sports and literature are not essential services like what a civil engineer, dentist or an electrician provide..

Pop music, movies and the NHL are nice luxuries, but they are paid much more than they are worth.

No they are not essential in a functional way but they are essential to quality of life. I would hate to live in a world where things like music, literature, and sports were considered "luxuries". That would be a life where you exist solely to simply fill a job and then die. The human mind and spirit needs more than that for stimulation and growth.

That being said I do agree that we place too high a dollar and cultural value on things like entertainment and sports.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Art, music, sports and literature are not essential services like what a civil engineer, dentist or an electrician provide..

No they are not essential in a functional way but they are essential to quality of life. I would hate to live in a world where things like music, literature, and sports were considered "luxuries". That would be a life where you exist solely to simply fill a job and then die. The human mind and spirit needs more than that for stimulation and growth.

That being said I do agree that we place too high a dollar and cultural value on things like entertainment and sports.

I don't think anyone is suggesting a world without cheesy Hollywood movies and hypocritical braindead celebutards is superior. They are just way over valued as you said. For the most part most pop musicians and actors couldn't earn much more than minimum wage if they hadn't caught a lucky break.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I don't think anyone is suggesting a world without cheesy Hollywood movies and hypocritical braindead celebutards is superior. They are just way over valued as you said. For the most part most pop musicians and actors couldn't earn much more than minimum wage if they hadn't caught a lucky break.

There is a difference between "over valued" and "over paid". For the most part our society over values celebrity, sports figures and other pop culture icons is because it is a shallow society that worships image and the almighty dollar. If you want to change that then stop paying these "braindead celebutards" and professional athletes exorbitant amounts of money for what they do. Take away the allure of the huge amounts of cash that they think they so rightly deserve and a lot of their position in society and their perceived contribution to society will diminish drastically.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

There is a difference between "over valued" and "over paid". For the most part our society over values celebrity, sports figures and other pop culture icons is because it is a shallow society that worships image and the almighty dollar. If you want to change that then stop paying these "braindead celebutards" and professional athletes exorbitant amounts of money for what they do. Take away the allure of the huge amounts of cash that they think they so rightly deserve and a lot of their position in society and their perceived contribution to society will diminish drastically.

Overpaid follows over valued when it comes to musicians, athletes and actors. I know I was thinking about buying a seal skin coat, but as soon as I heard Pamela Anderson opposes it I immediately changed my mind. ;)

Anonymous

Surprise, surprise it is that erratic twat Vesna again.
Quoteoh the meatman?? NO! no, he is just a little mean twit, the captain death is my nemesis osky:(

He nemesis is a pleasant, mainstream pragmatic gentleman like Lochdubh. Then again what can we expect from nutjob like Ves who thinks it's ok for adults to masturbate in public view of children.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLhtXcfc2q3Kzjy1sS768k4ZbWmPXUrC-8LwPrQsy3ODbMAd4-">

That nasty lunatic shouldn't be allowed near a hamster let alone a child. What a sick fuck!

keeper

Quote from: "Shen Li"Surprise, surprise it is that erratic twat Vesna again.
Quoteoh the meatman?? NO! no, he is just a little mean twit, the captain death is my nemesis osky:(

He nemesis is a pleasant, mainstream pragmatic gentleman like Lochdubh. Then again what can we expect from nutjob like Ves who thinks it's ok for adults to masturbate in public view of children.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLhtXcfc2q3Kzjy1sS768k4ZbWmPXUrC-8LwPrQsy3ODbMAd4-">

That nasty lunatic shouldn't be allowed near a hamster let alone a child. What a sick fuck!

:shock: she said that?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Surprise, surprise it is that erratic twat Vesna again.

:shock: she said that?

Does that really surprise you Keeps? She's an erratic nasty old lunatic with a "hard on" for one of the few gentlemen on that forum...Lochdubh. She also says Fash abuses her kids. What a piece of fucking work she is.

Anonymous

Today it is that effeminate, craven sheeple follower eagle. He is trying to use an economic argument now in his ill-informed crusade against Canadian industry. Claiming taxpayers are picking up the tab for industrial accidents as a result of tanker or pipeline accidents. Where did he get this scoop from you ask? Why another TIDES funded scam organization and on Youtube of course.

It is so incredibly ignorant it doesn't even justify a response, but you know what is unquestionably true? Ontario taxpayers ARE on the hook for McGuinty/Wynn's wasted billions in so-called green energy failures.