The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

How do you spend Rememberance Day?

Started by Anonymous, November 12, 2012, 10:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I got up early this morning and took my son to a toboggan hill.

Later on today we'll make homemade pizzas..

Not completely homemade though, I bought the crusts.

I love family days together.

@realAzhyaAryola

I've done a lot of different things over the years on this holiday. Today, however, my sons are not home. One is at work and one is at school. So, I'll make this my day to relax. I'd like a hair cut later and perhaps a manicure and pedicure.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I've done a lot of different things over the years on this holiday. Today, however, my sons are not home. One is at work and one is at school. So, I'll make this my day to relax. I'd like a hair cut later and perhaps a manicure and pedicure.

A manicure and a pedicure? I'm so jealous Azhya.

@realAzhyaAryola

It's a treat. I'm in for treating myself today. I usually do my own keeping my monthly spending in check.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I have my own tools that I bring to the salon. I prefer using these on me.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

My children are anxious to start making pizzas.

I will be here again this evening.

Have a nice day everyone.

cc

As Always - around 11 am put out relative's pic of he & his brave flight crew buddies along with poppies accumulated over years ... along with his flight log book open to the last completed page. The last entry was not by he. Sadly, it was entered by his Squadron Leader.

He was navigator on a Halifax. His crew had flown several night missions.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

This is the first year I forgot to buy a poppy..

I didn't see any youngsters selling them in front of Safeway.

Pinay

I got my haircut and deep conditioning for my hair.. the best part of the deep conditioning is the scalp massage, heavenly :-)

Frost

I did a lot of thinking about the vets in my family, and my dad who was killed in the VA hospital from incompetence.

Veterans deserve respect, and better than what a lot are given.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pinay"I got my haircut and deep conditioning for my hair.. the best part of the deep conditioning is the scalp massage, heavenly :-)

That's an interesting way to honour our veterans Pinay. :)

Lydo Wolf

I'm afraid this day is to personal for me to share with you all. God Bless the women and men who fought for our freedom.

I want to add how disgusted i am at some of the comments on the other forum from a few people ( i wont say names) I wish they could see what this day means to some for the RIGHT reasons. Selfish, so selfish.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lydo Wolf"I'm afraid this day is to personal for me to share with you all. God Bless the women and men who fought for our freedom.

I want to add how disgusted i am at some of the comments on the other forum from a few people ( i wont say names) I wish they could see what this day means to some for the RIGHT reasons. Selfish, so selfish.

My family is from Taiwan, so I don't have a personal connection to Canada's war casualties like some people do.

I have met people who do though and I understand how much this day means to them.

I am only too happy to buy poppies for my family and bow my head on November 11.