The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Are you black or white

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, June 14, 2015, 12:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

I understand that and  have no intention of trying to change that view .. other than to say her transing and then spewing white hatred doesn't pass my test

Seems our world is transing into a construct of  silly putty where nothing is solid and everything is floating in transition
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "kiebers"If, for no other reason, she was dishonest about it. She was in a position of leadership at the NAACP. She falsified legal documents to get where she is.

In what way?  By saying she was African American?  Is that any different than someone transgendered ticking the gender box for what they feel they are rather than what their private parts dictate?

Look at it this way. If you dressed up in "black face" and tried to pass yourself off as black how do you think it would be received? Do you think people would approve of this socially or professionally? How is this any different, because she doesn't play a banjo and tap dance? How do you think African Americans see this? The few I've talked to find her little charade insulting.

I'm going to skip the "black face" comment as that's a red herring.  It is not more irrelevant than calling out that dancing with the stars chick for dressing up like Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black on Halloween.  

This woman identify herself as being black.  She didn't do it as a mockery or satire or as an impression or costume.  She didn't do it to be deceptive or cruel or insulting.  What is the big deal if someone feels racially misidentified?  It is no more fraudulent than a man dressing and acting like a woman because he feels like he is one.

I don't think you have any idea how touchy this subject is among blacks in the US. The black face comment is not a "red herring". You Canadians have a totally different point of view when it comes to black and white race relations.

Besides the issue is not just some idiotic idea that she considered herself racially misidentified. Jesus H. Christ her parents are whiter than me, FFS. She can't be racially misidentified any more than I can. You can't change genetics. The only thing you can do is pretend to be something you are not and that is exactly what she is doing.

She obviously has some deep seated psychological issues toward being white that makes her think it is acceptable to lie to her employers, her friends, and the world. I'm struggling with the idea that you don't see this as crazy enough to question. If she had been up front by saying she was Caucasian but she identifies or sympathizes with blacks, nothing would have come of it but she didn't do that. She is a fucking nut. And as I stated previously the NAACP has enough of a credibility problem right now without having to deal with this circus act.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

kiebers

Quote from: "cc la femme"Add trans-racial to the fast growing trans list?

Maybe but I just want to know what the difference is between being "transracial" vs trans anything else.

Actually its not about that as far as I am concerned. It boils down for me as falsifying documents. If she lies about that what else will she lie about. There is no trust. Because I do not have an issue with "trans" anything the truth becomes the important thing to me. Of course you could say she is starting out a political career the right way by lying. She can dress, talk, act like any race she wants to but when it comes down to a matter of trust and in a position that she had and was also applying for, there could be no trust. Check employment applications, they have statements about falsifying information can lead to immediate termination. If she felt that she would lose her position if the NAACP found out then she did it for personal gain. There are a lot of ways she could have helped African Americans without lying.

QuoteEzra Dolezal recalled going to Spokane in 2012 to meet his sister, to discover she had erased her family back home and had persuaded a black man to pretend to be her father.

He revealed Dolezal told him him: 'Over here, I'm going to be considered black, and I have a black father. Don't blow my cover.'

'She wanted to make a new life for herself but she took it to the ultimate extreme, - Not only did she move out to Spokane, but she created a whole new identity for herself.'

Ezra revealed that his sister started acting 'hateful to white people' after attending Howard University to get a Master of Fine Arts degree.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

cc

Nut or cause person / prog to the extreme? She sure used her pretend blackness to spew white hate. Hating ones  own skin does not give the right to race bait and spew hate

I can understand how blacks not filled with white hate would be offended

Renee

Maybe but I just want to know what the difference is between being "transracial" vs trans anything else.

Is that even a word? The last I checked you can't physically change your race. There are no hormone injections or gene therapy or surgeries that allow you to really do that. I believe Micheal Jackson tried but we all know how that ended up.  ac_toofunny

This boils down to a person with extremely impaired judgement socially and professionally.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"If, for no other reason, she was dishonest about it. She was in a position of leadership at the NAACP. She falsified legal documents to get where she is.

In what way?  By saying she was African American?  Is that any different than someone transgendered ticking the gender box for what they feel they are rather than what their private parts dictate?

Look at it this way. If you dressed up in "black face" and tried to pass yourself off as black how do you think it would be received? Do you think people would approve of this socially or professionally? How is this any different, because she doesn't play a banjo and tap dance? How do you think African Americans see this? The few I've talked to find her little charade insulting.

I'm going to skip the "black face" comment as that's a red herring.  It is not more irrelevant than calling out that dancing with the stars chick for dressing up like Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black on Halloween.  

This woman identify herself as being black.  She didn't do it as a mockery or satire or as an impression or costume.  She didn't do it to be deceptive or cruel or insulting.  What is the big deal if someone feels racially misidentified?  It is no more fraudulent than a man dressing and acting like a woman because he feels like he is one.

I don't think you have any idea how touchy this subject is among blacks in the US. The black face comment is not a "red herring". You Canadians have a totally different point of view when it comes to black and white race relations.

Besides the issue is not just some idiotic idea that she considered herself racially misidentified. Jesus H. Christ her parents are whiter than me, FFS. She can't be racially misidentified any more than I can. You can't change genetics. The only thing you can do is play pretend and that is exactly what she is doing.

She obviously has some deep seated psychological issues toward being white that makes her think it is acceptable to lie to her employers, her friends, and the world. I'm struggling with the idea that you don't see this as crazy enough to question. If she had been up front by saying she was Caucasian but she identifies or sympathizes with blacks, nothing would have come of it but she didn't do that. She is a fucking nut. And as I stated previously the NAACP has enough of a credibility problem right now without having to deal with this circus act.

Clearly I don't know how touchy this is because I think it's ridiculous.  And I stand by my comments about "black face".  This is part of the problem.  Blackface is theatrical stage make-up dating back to the 1800s.  How the hell do you compare stage make-up used in theatrical performances to a woman darkening her skin because she identifies with blacks?  Come on Renee.  It's just another bullshit buzzword people used to be outraged.  It's faux racial indignation and I'm sick of it.

If this woman was white, she never would have seen the light of day in the NAACP.  How's THAT for racism?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Is that even a word? The last I checked you can't physically change your race. There are no hormone injections or gene therapy or surgeries that allow you to really do that. I believe Micheal Jackson tried but we all know how that ended up.  ac_toofunny

This boils down to a person with extremely impaired judgement socially and professionally.

Skin bleeching and tanning are real things are they not?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Skin bleeching and tanning are real things are they not?

Yeah, but it doesn't change your race. ac_toofunny  

In order to change her race she would have to physically and biologically change her parentage. Last I checked that isn't possible.

Renee

Besides the issue is not just some idiotic idea that she considered herself racially misidentified. Jesus H. Christ her parents are whiter than me, FFS. She can't be racially misidentified any more than I can. You can't change genetics. The only thing you can do is play pretend and that is exactly what she is doing.

Clearly I don't know how touchy this is because I think it's ridiculous.  And I stand by my comments about "black face".  This is part of the problem.  Blackface is theatrical stage make-up dating back to the 1800s.  How the hell do you compare stage make-up used in theatrical performances to a woman darkening her skin because she identifies with blacks?  Come on Renee.  It's just another bullshit buzzword people used to be outraged.  It's faux racial indignation and I'm sick of it.

If this woman was white, she never would have seen the light of day in the NAACP.  How's THAT for racism?

Oh so it's okay to lie about your background or qualifications in order to get ahead professionally or socially? That's an interesting take on the issue AND one that I completely disagree with. It ranks right up there with the travesty that is "Affirmative Action".

Whether you are sick of it or not pretending to be black when you are a Caucasian is frowned upon by a lot of blacks in the US. Not only that, using a false racial identity because you think it will help justify your hate for another race is reprehensible to say the least.

RW

Some scientists believe the concept of race is bullshit in the first place.  And FYI - two white people can make a black baby and vice versa.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Is it okay to identify with a specific group - dress and act like a member of said group?  Should someone have to lie about their background for legitimacy or is that irrelevant?

Why is hating whites a requirement to succeeding as a black person in the first place?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "RW" two white people can make a black baby and vice versa.

I tried that on my hubby

I mean my ex hubby  

ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Some scientists believe the concept of race is bullshit in the first place.  And FYI - two white people can make a black baby and vice versa.

Yeah especially if the milkman gets involved.

I know about the theory that there is no genetic difference between the races and on a base genetic level there aren't that many variations but it doesn't take into account the effect environment has on genetics and "natural selection" which is responsible for the differences in human physical traits.

If you are born Caucasian or Asian you just can't perm your hair and get a tan then magically be of black ancestry. You might think you can because you are a freaking lunatic but biologically it's not really possible. Sorry but no one on a professional or cultural or even a social level is going to take horseshit like that seriously.  ac_toofunny

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Is it okay to identify with a specific group - dress and act like a member of said group?  Should someone have to lie about their background for legitimacy or is that irrelevant?

Why is hating whites a requirement to succeeding as a black person in the first place?

It's not but according to family members that's what she was doing which just enhances my argument point that she is a crazy bitch.

Which BTW is an embarrassment to the organization she was supposed to represent.

RW

Quote from: "RW"Is it okay to identify with a specific group - dress and act like a member of said group?  Should someone have to lie about their background for legitimacy or is that irrelevant?

It's not but according to family members that's what she was doing which just enhances my argument point that she is a crazy bitch.

Which BTW is an embarrassment to the organization she was supposed to represent.

Why did she have to play black to be a part of the NAACP in the first place?  I mean it was in Spokane FFS.  That city is the poster child for white America.
Beware of Gaslighters!