Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A giant pride rainbow over Burrard bridge gets support

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, June 17, 2015, 12:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3116094.1434498552!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/rainbow-bridge.jpg">

(CBC)  A bid to colour Vancouver's Burrard Bridge into the biggest pride rainbow in the world has gathered hundreds of supporters.

"This needs to happen," wrote Suzanne Lindsay of Vancouver, in support of a huge rainbow installation on one of the city's oldest' landmarks.

A petition started by "Rainbow Warrior" on Change.org already has more than 800 people signed up to urge the City of Vancouver to "show your love and support for your city, and the LGBTQ community" in a colourful way.

"We're going to build the biggest pride rainbow ever," claims the website.

The goal is 1,000 signatures. Those who signed the petition say the change would signal how the world sees Vancouver.

"Because homophobia is one of the greatest plagues in this world. Showing acceptance and embracing differences is a step forward in our society," Israel Delage wrote.

The hope is to unveil the rainbow July 30th in the middle of Pride Week, officially making Vancouver "somewhere over the rainbow."
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Renee

But make sure it doesn't include any of that devils spawn, fucking, YOGA! ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

Stupid, garish  and selfish ideas like that are not a way to win hearts and minds.

What most people actually see from that and all of the  every day now "in your face overkill"

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1078645/rainbow-vomit-o.gif">

Apologies to good folk here. This is crude and crass (and not my usual style)

But

It exactly exemplifies the human  intelligence-insulting  and self-defeating crudeness and crassness of  the  everyday "in your face overkill"

I know, I know, the message will not register, sigh

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

J0E

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"http://i.cbc.ca/1.3116094.1434498552!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/rainbow-bridge.jpg">

(CBC)  A bid to colour Vancouver's Burrard Bridge into the biggest pride rainbow in the world has gathered hundreds of supporters.

"This needs to happen," wrote Suzanne Lindsay of Vancouver, in support of a huge rainbow installation on one of the city's oldest' landmarks.

...the question for many is...."Why?"

RW

What is it about the Burrard Street bridge that makes everyone want I fuck with it?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Frank"...the question for many is...."Why?"

Joe - to quote Robert F. Kennedy: "There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Romero

Everywhere I go these days there are all these World Cup posters, banners, soccer fans...

Why do they have to shove this stuff in my face and why is nobody else complaining about it?

@realAzhyaAryola

Because they are not enlightened. They have not discovered that the best sport ever is ice hockey. ac_drinks
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Q is just being the lame diverter twatwhaffle  that he is.
QuoteI know, I know, the message will not register, sigh
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"

"Because homophobia is one of the greatest plagues in this world.

ac_wot

Even more critical than nuclear weapon proliferation, ISIS, ebola, radical islam, global economic collapse, racism, sexism, global warming, corrupt politics, food shortages in third world countries, FIFA's scandal and the demise of local manufacturing???

See, its comments like this that actually make the gay sector look utterly stupid, and rather self centred.

Bobby, I'm with you on gay rights. If you want to get married, I'm all for it. Why should heteros be the only one's to suffer nagging spouses and messy divorces? I abhor any discrimination you experience, and would stand by you in eliminating that discrimination. In fact, only recently, a very close friend expressed rather irrational and forceful anti-gay sentiments, and I admonished him for it. I went so far as to say "that is not the friend I know talking".

Everyone shall be treated equally, until they come up with this constant barrage of utterly silly gestures, and shrill proclamations about how the injustice they suffer is a global threat to humanity.

Then, I roll my eyes back and wonder WTF you folks are trying to do. Engage in dialogue, not confrontation and silly claims.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"
"Because homophobia is one of the greatest plagues in this world.

Then he must agree that Islam is the greatest plague in the world.

Bricktop

J0E

I jes' caint unastahnd wha payple'd wanna cullah a bridge lahk thayet.

But ah guess 'stead a' scohnin' 'em, we oughta pity 'em

Some paypol......they jes' ain't nohmul an' they caint haylp themselves.

....Oh well!

Po' Bob. Po', Po' Bob.....

J0E

Stories like these allow me to breathe a sigh of relief and say out loud,

"Thank God I'm normal. Thank God."

...anyways, these Gay people are making Vancouver the laughing stock of the world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"I jes' caint unastahnd wha payple'd wanna cullah a bridge lahk thayet.

But ah guess 'stead a' scohnin' 'em, we oughta pity 'em

Some paypol......they jes' ain't nohmul an' they caint haylp themselves.

....Oh well!

Po' Bob. Po', Po' Bob.....

I don't know what you're saying Joe and I don't know why you're saying it in such a silly accent. However, if you are saying that this all a bit much and guys like Bob need to get a life and stop being such drama queens, then I would agree with you.