News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Nine slaughtered in the World's Greatest Democracy!

Started by Bricktop, June 18, 2015, 01:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Do coppers carry guns in Oz?

Do many criminals carry guns in Oz?

Yes.

No.

J0E

Quote from: "Romero"You know, I believe in reasonable gun control but I don't know if it matters in the US anymore. Dylann Roof was on probation but got the murder weapon from his father for his birthday. How do you gun control that?

Gun culture.

Some suggestions for Americans & the USA to reduce gun violence & homicides due to guns:

1. All guns need to be registered and with tracking devices built in or attached to them.

2. Just like car owners, a gun owner would need a license to operate a gun.

3. The registrant needs to go through a rigorous training and apprenticeship in order to have a license to operate one.

4. Any prospective applicant with a criminal record or mental health issues will denied a license & therefore is not legally entitled to carry a gun or have one in their possession.

5.Gun owners must undergo psychological testing annually to demonstrate their mental fitness.

6. Anyone illegally possessing a gun will pay stiff fines, jail time or both along with a criminal record, barring them from legal ownership of a firearm in the future.

7. Anyone selling or giving a firearm to anyone not entitled to, will face prison sentences similar to a drug dealer trafficking hard drugs such as heroin.

In other words, take the guns out of the hands of criminals and lunatics, allow this privilege only to law abiding citizens, let them know, that the right to own firearms carries with it, an equal and tremendous reponsibikity.

Anyways, I've suggested to folks like Kiebers that America ought to adopt such measures like the above, similar to thosein Switzerland. Switzerland has a gun culture, a high rate of gun ownership, yet just a fraction of the gun related homicides that the United States does.

cc

QuoteIn other words, take the guns out of the hands of criminals and lunatics
Criminals don't register guns. That's a no brainer. They just buy them on black market or steal registered guns or from sales places.

A good plan if you want only criminals armed ...... if that is not the plan. then it's a fail

Tracking devices .... so 1000s of people monitor every location 24/7 ? Is that the plan?

Why does no one mention rifling test be done as part of registration and record kept? That fingerprints any bullet ever shot from that gun. Yes, it's after the fact but in reality so is tracking devices and is definitive while tracking would not be definitive in a court of law

You will get the good guys unlikely to do harm while leaving no deterrence for criminals who play outside of all rules.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

J0E

Quote from: "cc la femme"
QuoteIn other words, take the guns out of the hands of criminals and lunatics
Criminals don't register guns. They just buy them on black market or steal them.

True. But its akin to me driving around a semitrailer with a Class 5 drivers license even though the law explicitly states that I need Class 1 and airbrakes to operate such a vehicle. Of course, I could do it if someone handed me the keys to the vehicle, but I get caught by a law enforcement official, it could mean a loss of license and heavy fine, plus criminal prosecution by the Crown. Of course, the Crown does this not to deny my freedom to drive, but to protect the public against reckless and unqualified drivers and and for safety reasons.

If the state regulates motorvehicles, why not guns too?

cc

Bad example. It's not akin to. Criminals don't need semis to rob or kill, they need guns

I'm in favor of registration just like for vehicles but at the same time know it will not criminals or anyone who plans to use a gun for murder. Even a registrant can buy an illegal gun if he decides to do a crime or a murder

So, how about that rifling concept?

As to mentally unstable, same applies. It's hard to get legal proof of instability until someone acts out big time ... = AFTER the damage is done - Sides, a proven nutcase who plans to kill can buy an illegal gun ... Any regulation will be circumvented for anyone wanting one for any crime

But of course, joe goodguy would be regulated  ,,, that's all we achieve

J0E

One thing you haven't mentioned though, cc. Currently illegal possession of firearms does not carry heavy fines or criminal proesecution that possession of illegal drugs does. Many states in America have little or no laws against them, and if they do, its some paltry fine and a slap on the wrist. However if the laws were changed,just like they were in Switzerland, the rates might drop. I support hard time and heavy fines for illegal gun possession.

Yet I support legal gun possession and a gun culture that works like Switzerland.

I do not support the gun culture which currently exists in the United States, though.

Quote from: "cc la femme"Bad example. It's not akin to. Criminals don't need semis to rob or kill, they need guns

I'm in favor of registration just like for vehicles but at the same time know it will not criminals or anyone who plans to use a gun for murder. Even a registrant can buy an illegal gun if he decides to do a crime or a murder

So, how about that rifling concept?

As to mentally unstable, same applies. It's hard to get legal proof of instability until someone acts out big time ... = AFTER the damage is done - Sides, a proven nutcase who plans to kill can buy an illegal gun ... Any regulation will be circumvented for anyone wanting one for any crime

But of course, joe goodguy would be regulated  ,,, that's all we achieve

cc

Possession of illegal gun should be heavily fined.

Possession of illegal gun for criminal purposes should be serious jail time. That is the only way one could make even small progress against guns in criminal hands .... a good but partial solution

However, thanks to progs getting search and frisk a thing of the past, even serious jail time if caught would only help a bit ..... "caught" being the key word here.

cc

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/at-least-two-killed-in-austria-after-man-drives-into-crowd-before-stabbing-passersby-in-graz-10333891.html">At least three killed, 30 injured  in Austria after man drives into crowd before 'stabbing passers-by'

Austrian Registered Car Thinks its a US Gun??

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article10333901.ece/alternates/w620/v2-Graz-deaths2.jpg">

Sorry to sound flippant, but I'm really sick of the anti-gun anti-US hate I see.

The driver, identified by police as a 26-year-old Austrian man of Bosnian heritage, has been arrested. He works as a professional driver and is married with two children.

A seven-year-old boy is reportedly among the three people killed in Austria by a man who ploughed his car into crowds in the country's second-largest city and then reportedly started stabbing people.

A witness told the Wiener Zeitung newspaper that dead bodies were left lying face down in the road after the vehicle sped through streets near the the historical Herrengasse in Graz.

The killing only stopped when the driver parked his battered car outside a police station.

The driver, identified by police as a 26-year-old Austrian man of Bosnian heritage, has been arrested. He works as a professional driver and is married with two children.

The old AS ALWAYS excuse, sigh  - "Police are not currently investigating terrorism as a motive and the suspect is believed to be suffering from mental illness."

kiebers

Quote from: "cc la femme"I stopped banging my head on brick walls after the first try long time ago. So, I'll pass on that.

By that I mean when I know someone's view is carved in stone and  very passionate on certain issues, I try to not discuss those issues on which I may disagree with that person. There is no purpose in doing otherwise.

Indeed.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

kiebers

QuoteCurrently illegal possession of firearms does not carry heavy fines or criminal proesecution that possession of illegal drugs does.

You said 2 things there. So if you would please.

First define illegal possession of a firearm.

Since you imply that there are illegal firearms by your comparison to illegal drugs, then define illegal firearm.

Nothing long and drawn out or deflecting. You are talking about the US so I want to know what definitions you are using.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Bricktop

Ol' man kiebers up to his usual obfuscation.

Instead of nit-picking details, how about you address the main issue. Are you for or against gun control?

Are you satisfied with the status quo? If not, what would YOU do to change things.

Make a stand, for a change, instead of being pointlessly pedantic.

@realAzhyaAryola

You know what, I am tired of the two of you bickering also. You two are like husband and wife.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frost

I pick up a new gun Monday if it arrives at the shop :) does that tell if I'm for the idiot issue of Liberal gun control ?

The issue is parenting, punishment, and a sick judicial system.

I'm kind of anti death penalty, but in cases like this the kid needs parted out to help save some lives.

Mental case of not there isn't any room in society for such sick people.

make a statement with him, and kick the parents butts for not raising him.

Gun control helps criminals, and controlling governments.

Let the hypocrites calling for it to give up their rights, and guns Like Obama, and his criminal clown posse.

kiebers

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Ol' man kiebers up to his usual obfuscation.

Instead of nit-picking details, how about you address the main issue. Are you for or against gun control?

Are you satisfied with the status quo? If not, what would YOU do to change things.

Make a stand, for a change, instead of being pointlessly pedantic.

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "cc la femme"I stopped banging my head on brick walls after the first try long time ago. So, I'll pass on that.

By that I mean when I know someone's view is carved in stone and  very passionate on certain issues, I try to not discuss those issues on which I may disagree with that person. There is no purpose in doing otherwise.

Indeed.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]