Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Username!!

Started by keeper, June 19, 2015, 04:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

How did you come up with your username?

I have used a few through the years on several different forums, Sarc (short for sarcastic) OnE, and a few others, i mostly use Keeper.

I got it from an old 1983 movie called The Keep.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7t0B2URcT8

Annie

I was first no name and then Ann-o-nymity and now I'm Annie. I owe a thank you to Dick Yamada for the name

Ann-o-nymity, where ever he is.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

chuck wagon

Thanks it was time for a new one.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s05jcrJw0as

the pretty girl sings 1:05.

Annie

cool  ac_drinks  ac_biggrin  ac_dance
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

I was usually Rosali back in the old Asian forum daze. I was banned from most of them. One day I was Googling something and I came across some stupid shit on DV written by HK Boy and Percy Liu. Right away I knew they were white trolls, so I created a troll handle of my own to troll them right back.

After I threw off that original troll persona and started becoming a real poster, I chose handles that reflected my ancestry. I have been Shen Li now longer than any other handle I have had since joining DV in it's waning days.

deadskinmask

about 6 years ago, i joined a gore forum and i picked deadskinmask because it was appropriate for the type of forum. i like Slayer and i like the TCM movies so it fit perfectly.... i never bothered to change it because i think it would be difficult to remember a new name for each forum. ppl always say my avatar and username juxtaposes my posting style and i can see how it would but the heart wants what the heart wants....

Renee

This forum and Van are the only forums where I'm known as "Renee". It's my maternal grandmothers name and when I was born my mom wanted to name me after her but she gave in to my dad and I was named "God Damned Bitch" instead.

In other places I've used a variety of handles such as "Brynhildr", "Brianna", "Quietly Gestating" and "Cupcake Killer", just to name a few.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

My handle comes from DV pre-registration days.  Someone asked a question and wanted an answer from a real woman so I typed in "Real Woman" and replied.  I've been using it ever since with this group.  I've shortened it to RW because I'm lazy.

I've had many many different handles over the years as I never use the same one except in the DV/MB/TBC ones.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frost

Blue because I'm depressed a lot, Frost because the world can be so cold.

I should change it to something else.

RW

I'm sorry to hear that Blue.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Aw! Maybe "Red Fire"? But we all love Blue Frost though. The handle and the person!

As for me, I'm not much of a creative type. I just pick from some favourite movie and tv characters.

During my short stint at Model Minority, I was "inanimate carbon rod" from a Simpsons episode. That's about as creative as I can get.

Frost

Thanks :) you both are great people, makes me a bit less depressed seeing you all. :)

RW

Stop by anytime for a pick me up :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frost

I try, will try more.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Frost"Blue because I'm depressed a lot, Frost because the world can be so cold.

I should change it to something else.

maybe you should go with something completely opposite of how you feel.... like big fellas named Tiny or fat fuckers named Slim.... it may even get to you subconsciously and help you feel better....