News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Is it time for South Carolina to take down the Confederate flag?

Started by J0E, June 22, 2015, 03:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should South Carolina take down the Confederate Flag?

No
4 (44.4%)
Yes
3 (33.3%)
I don't know
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 27, 2015, 03:57:50 PM

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
You've actually summed up the original mindset of the founding fathers for the United States, and you've done so as an immigrant instead of a native born. That may well make you more historically American than most of your US hospital born brethren.

Well, thanks, DD! And welcome to The Blue Cashew! Cashew! Gesundheit!  :MG_216:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"There's nothing stopping you wearing confederacy icons.

It simply doesn't belong on governmental buildings.

Plenty of other nations fly secondary flags at their installations. In my own nation, this can be seen flying next to the flag at police stations, court houses, and the like.

http://www.pubzi.com/f/392782-sm-392766-aboriginal-flag.png">

What you're basically saying is that no other flag besides government approved flags belong in a society. That suggests a penchant on your part for going down on authority and spurning possibly better suitors.

A brainwashing of sorts.

The Aboriginal flag is a bit different than one that represents a fight to keep slavery.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

It was not a fight to keep slavery per se. Was slavery an issue within, yes. However it was more about the fight against oppressive big government and the rights of states to govern as a representative body within a union of states.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

cc

That's true, but whatever the lying prog media say something is,   its minions believe it as seen everywhere .. and make it their cause de jour

PC has become powerful through distortion and outright deception. It has gotten to the point where whatever rot  PC puts into its mind is "true"

PC control of the MSM runs your country and ours ... even determines elections  . Orwell's nightmare come true and "thought police" is no more just an expression

This politically and PC driven scam is just one example of 1,000s. Tomorrow there will be new things we never imagined today ... tomorrows   cause(s) de jour
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

J0E

...and up fer grabs next is your precious female identity, cc. Bathroom wars the next front for the LGBTQ crowd. Female identity - what is a real woman - next on the auction block. Bruce Jenner & its types only the beginning, cc. Now that the homosexuals have redefined marriage, they'll redefine women/female identity too. What's your is theirs too, whether ya like it or not, cc. And you think they'll stop at marriage? Ferget it! Get real.

That's the direction this pc societyis headed in.

....Oh well!

Quote from: "cc la femme"That's true, but whatever the lying prog media say something is,   its minions believe it as seen everywhere .. and make it their cause de jour

PC has become powerful through distortion and outright deception. It has gotten to the point where whatever rot  PC puts into its mind is "true"

PC control of the MSM runs your country and ours ... even determines elections  . Orwell's nightmare come true and "thought police" is no more just an expression

This politically and PC driven scam is just one example of 1,000s. Tomorrow there will be new things we never imagined today ... tomorrows   cause(s) de jour

Romero

Quote from: "Frank"Now that the homosexuals have redefined marriage, they'll redefine women/female identity too. What's your is theirs too, whether ya like it or not, cc. And you think they'll stop at marriage? Ferget it! Get real.

Same-sex marriage has been legal in Canada for ten years.

cc

Quote from: "Frank"...and up fer grabs next is your precious female identity, cc. Bathroom wars the next front for the LGBTQ crowd. Female identity - what is a real woman - next on the auction block. Bruce Jenner & its types only the beginning, cc. Now that the homosexuals have redefined marriage, they'll redefine women/female identity too. What's your is theirs too, whether ya like it or not, cc. And you think they'll stop at marriage? Ferget it! Get real.

That's the direction this pc societyis headed in.

....Oh well!

Quote from: "cc la femme"That's true, but whatever the lying prog media say something is,   its minions believe it as seen everywhere .. and make it their cause de jour

You realize the same is in store for you guys, right?

pants today for Querky and you ... a skirt tomorrow  :sad-smileys-emoticons189:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Plenty of other nations fly secondary flags at their installations. In my own nation, this can be seen flying next to the flag at police stations, court houses, and the like.

What you're basically saying is that no other flag besides government approved flags belong in a society. That suggests a penchant on your part for going down on authority and spurning possibly better suitors.

A brainwashing of sorts.

Please...do a little research before embarrassing yourself.

"The Australian Aboriginal Flag is a flag that represents Aboriginal Australians. It is one of the official "Flags of Australia", and holds special legal and political status, but it is not the "Australian National Flag". It is often flown together with the national flag and with the Torres Strait Islander Flag, which is also an official flag of Australia."

The aboriginal flag is GOVERNMENT APPROVED.

As to your suggestion as to my "penchant"...wtf are you talking about?

ELPHUPPHY

The Confederate flag does not control what Southerners think. Bigots are bigots, racists at racists, no matter what flag flies.

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

A brainwashing of sorts.

Please...do a little research before embarrassing yourself.

"The Australian Aboriginal Flag is a flag that represents Aboriginal Australians. It is one of the official "Flags of Australia", and holds special legal and political status, but it is not the "Australian National Flag". It is often flown together with the national flag and with the Torres Strait Islander Flag, which is also an official flag of Australia."

The aboriginal flag is GOVERNMENT APPROVED.

Exactly! although the Dixie flag being discussed still has regional rights to remain up.

QuoteAs to your suggestion as to my "penchant"...wtf are you talking about? (aka: Oooh, government dictate tastes so creamylicious. Nom nom nom nom nom)

^ Precisely ^  :MG_216:

How long have worshiped the State like a bible belt douchebag? Most of your political or social commentary posts are littered with indications of extreme right wing stupidity.

It's almost painful to read your feeble attempts at promoting topical forum divisions. You should feel lucky I even bothered to respond to you this time.

You're welcome, incidentally.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

In some ways I like the Confederate flag. I sure as fuck don't mean the white trash KKK lunacy. To me it represents rebellion. Basically giving the middle finger to the massive beast we call the state.

RW

It's not PC bullshit.  I argued it had nothing to do with slavery and I got smacked with history pages.

"Slave states" declared secession from the U.S. Slavery is touted as the driving factor in political tensions.  Should we re-write history to suit your PC bullshit crusade cc?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li"In some ways I like the Confederate flag. I sure as fuck don't mean the white trash KKK lunacy. To me it represents rebellion. Basically giving the middle finger to the massive beast we call the state.

I agree with you 100 percent on that.

Couple in the fact that slavery wasn't a real issue for succession after all other avenues were exhausted and the North still wanted to economically benefit from slavery prior to Civil War outbreak, the finger should ALWAYS remain.

Fuck the State.
Blahhhhhh...

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "Shen Li"In some ways I like the Confederate flag. I sure as fuck don't mean the white trash KKK lunacy. To me it represents rebellion. Basically giving the middle finger to the massive beast we call the state.

I agree with you 100 percent on that.

Couple in the fact that slavery wasn't a real issue for succession after all other avenues were exhausted and the North still wanted to economically benefit from slavery prior to Civil War outbreak, the finger should ALWAYS remain.

Fuck the State.

The gummint has been corrupt for many many years. They turn their back on those who deserve to be supported, and support those who don't deserve to be supported. All the time, looking for a way to make themselves richer, more powerful, and to look better in the world viewpoint.

Romero

Funny how every history reference knows that slavery was a major reason for the civil war.

QuoteIn the spring of 1861, decades of simmering tensions between the northern and southern United States over issues including states' rights versus federal authority, westward expansion and slavery exploded into the American Civil War (1861-65). The election of the anti-slavery Republican Abraham Lincoln as president in 1860 caused seven southern states to secede from the Union to form the Confederate States of America; four more joined them after the first shots of the Civil War were fired.

In the mid-19th century, while the United States was experiencing an era of tremendous growth, a fundamental economic difference existed between the country's northern and southern regions. While in the North, manufacturing and industry was well established, and agriculture was mostly limited to small-scale farms, the South's economy was based on a system of large-scale farming that depended on the labor of black slaves to grow certain crops, especially cotton and tobacco. Growing abolitionist sentiment in the North after the 1830s and northern opposition to slavery's extension into the new western territories led many southerners to fear that the existence of slavery in america–and thus the backbone of their economy–was in danger.

In 1854, the U.S. Congress passed the Kansas-Nebraska Act, which essentially opened all new territories to slavery by asserting the rule of popular sovereignty over congressional edict. Pro- and anti-slavery forces struggled violently in "Bleeding Kansas," while opposition to the act in the North led to the formation of the Republican Party, a new political entity based on the principle of opposing slavery's extension into the western territories. After the Supreme Court's ruling in the Dred Scott case (1857) confirmed the legality of slavery in the territories, the abolitionist John Brown's raid at Harper's Ferry in 1859 convinced more and more southerners that their northern neighbors were bent on the destruction of the "peculiar institution" that sustained them. Lincoln's election in November 1860 was the final straw, and within three months seven southern states–South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Texas–had seceded from the United States.

http://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war/american-civil-war-history">//http://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war/american-civil-war-history

That didn't happen???