The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Oh and in Vancouver, they have an annual naked bike ride.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/05/naked-bike-ride-vancouver-2015/">http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/05/nake ... uver-2015/">http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/05/naked-bike-ride-vancouver-2015/
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
I take those sources with a big grain of salt. Bozell (CNS), the Buckley's, LaBarbera, John Birch Society, and the AFTAH plus their spinoffs and sister organizations aren't exactly known for balanced policy or social commentary over the years and decades.

I can appreciate your passion for your principles and beliefs but we, opponents of the obscene displays in our streets, are just as passionate about our own principles, values, and beliefs. We are not here to learn something new. This is how we feel about it and we are just as unbudging as you are. We, like you with your position, stand just as firmly with ours. I'm pleased to know there are still those who have the same views as I about this matter. This pleases me. I want to believe that the lawmakers we elect into office who approve important decisions stick to the law and not bend it for the convenience of certain groups and their agenda. As a concerned citizen and a stakeholder, I am well within my rights to expect this.

The body is a beautiful creation. As a John Mayer song goes, your body is a wonderland. However, please don't display it lewdly and obscenely. That is all I ask. There's a place for that freedom any time and anywhere but not on Main Street.

I stand by the position that if you don't want to be exposed to something you find lewd or obscene, do not attend a pride event.

Live and let live.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I agree that laws should be stuck to 100 percent of the time (even if they're stupid laws). Maybe then enough enlightened people will get irritated with the sheer number of obnoxiously intrusive or religious dogma tainted laws and overturn most of them.

I do disagree with what you think constitutes lewd or obscene on this and how you characterize other peoples bodies and actions. We're probably not going to ever agree on this but that's fine if you can worry about what your body does and leave other peoples alone to do what's best for them. I find most parades offensive and it's not because of the clothes they're not wearing but the clothes they are wearing though I continue to look the other way albeit shaking my head and quietly cursing them for what I view as ignorance and pack mentality.

I'm a taxpayer whose taxes also go into the care and maintenance of my Main Street so I also care what transpires on it. I might not be pleased if they use my taxes to paint the street with rainbow colors. Somehow, I don't care if my taxes help the unemployed disabled but the homosexual community too? Hm, they are not disabled.

That's right. We're not going to agree and that's okay. I'm also not trying to change your mind. I'm voicing my displeasure. You mistook my post as caring what people do with their bodies. I don't care what they do with their bodies. I care about upholding the law against indecent exposure. I view a gay pride parade and I see the float that is designed as a penis. What's with the penis float and the sexhibition of this organ? Why the emphasis on that symbol? That is one of the reasons why I question this sexhibit. It's screaming, "Look what we worship! This is our GOD!" If I had young children, I don't want them to get the message that they ought to worship their penises. I want their minds on loftier pursuits.

I like wholesome family parades like the ones for Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Stampede, or July 4th where people are parading proudly their noble causes and their inspiring achievements. It unites a community. It does not divide. These types of parades scream of tastefulness, not lewdness.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"I stand by the position that if you don't want to be exposed to something you find lewd or obscene, do not attend a pride event.

Live and let live.

Nothing will force me to see an event that I don't want to see so I have never attended one but I have read and seen the news items about it enough to know what goes on. One day, perhaps I will see it for myself, if these parades continue. I don't have to go and see it because no one gay I know take part in it.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

And all the straight people watching and participating in pride parades isn't uniting?

More than just you pay taxes for those streets.  You don't own them any more than a parader does.

On top of it, despite question to the amount, it brings people to your city and they bring money which benefits your local economy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"And all the straight people watching and participating in pride parades isn't uniting?

More than just you pay taxes for those streets.  You don't own them any more than a parader does.

On top of it, despite question to the amount, it brings people to your city and they bring money which benefits your local economy.

My hood draws tourists which benefit our local economy nevertheless. This town does not need a gay pride parade to boost its economy. It just does.

There may be straight people uniting at these events but one cannot ignore the loud voices of critics and the opposition.

I may not own the street but my voice against an issue, together with the voices of a multitude of critics on the same issue, could one day be heard. One has to be patient and maybe one day, our united voices will bring on change or an understanding between all parties that all can agree on.
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

You mean like how the united voices of gays have brought such parades?  :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"You mean like how the united voices of gays have brought such parades?  :)

Absolutely. I don't dismiss that. It all starts with a voice.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

I want to hear from the members of the gay community who are supposedly ashamed of the lewdness who will stand up and say, "Wait a minute, I'm gay too but I'm against this sort of lewd display. I support a gay pride parade but not with all this lewdness. I'm not about that. Please clean up your act or I will not attend future gay pride parades." Where are these gay voices?

I think gays should join the regular parades but without the lewdness and obscenities and pushing the shock factor farther and farther by the year angering conservatives. I think they should join the regular parades and march carrying their banner as their supporters cheer them on while remembering to keep the behavior decent. They will gain more respect this way. We'll say, "Oh, there's the gay community who are contributing members of society--bankers, teachers, accountants, engineers, behaving in such conduct that commands our respect." Is that possible? Behave like the rest of the parade participants? They want to be treated equally so there's a compromise.

By continuing with their current conduct, they are slitting their own throats. Anyway, on to the Women's Soccer match...
@realAzhyaAryola

cc

Right. 4pm pacific time ... GO USA!!!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

WOW!!!! What a start

2 fast goals at the start 2 min, 15 seconds

2 zip - USA

Have you noticed the opposing goal tender close up?  .. hmmmm

@realAzhyaAryola

Damn, no. I haven't seen her close up. I'm in the kitchen. Why? Is she not female? Heehee...
@realAzhyaAryola

cc

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"It's a designated place allowing nudity (just like a nude beach in fact).  There is no difference in terms of a public place being a public place.

Thanks for coming out.

Again, with the ignorance.

A "nude beach" is a specifically designated place where nudity is permitted; it is NOT a public place, because it excludes, for example, persons under 18.

The argument that gays parade their licentious conduct in a public place, thus if you do not wish to be offended stay OUT of said public place runs counter to the whole purpose of a PUBLIC place.

A PUBLIC place is not an appropriate place to celebrate and promote sexuality.

RW

A nude beach IS a public place at least the ones I've been to have been and people do bring their kids.  It isn't uncommon to see topless beaches all over the world, again with children on them.

If you don't like what's going on in a public place at a specific time, don't go there.  If I don't like car racing, I won't go down to the Indy track during an event.  If I don't like jazz music, I don't go to a jazz festival in the public square.  If I don't like gay pride parades, I don't attend them.  Why is this seemingly so difficult for you to manage?

Where should gay people celebrate their freedom and diversity?  In the closet?
Beware of Gaslighters!