The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Speaking of the bible...

It is, if I am not very much in error, a chronicle of God's work in creating heaven and earth, and the historical journey of his early human creations.

It is written by humans, from memory, hearsay, legend and myth. Some of it written some hundreds of years after the events it portrays.

Why, then, is it regarded as "God's Word"? He didn't write it. In fact, he probably wasn't even consulted. So why is it so sacred?

Why does it suddenly stop chronicling around the time of Jesus' death? Did God's work finalise, then, and all other events since are unimportant?

I would have thought that many events since the death of Jesus would warrant an entry, at least. The Crusades. The Pope. The several anti-Christs. Nostradamus.

Lots of interesting things have happened since its last publication. Why isn't it updated?

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Show me in the bible where Jesus himself discriminated against people.  Then show me how doing so is living the life of Christ.  I'll wait.

Your highest court should not bend to the will of the religious right past the defence of freedom of religion and in the case of gay marriage, it just that.  Discrimination based on sexual orientation was not warranted.  We saw it here in Canada as well.  Such a restriction of said freedom was not demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.  I see it no differently than it in the U.S. Your Supreme Court finally caught up with the times.

2 Corinthians 6:14 tells us not be unequally yolked with unbelievers..

1 Thessalonians 5:22 we are instructed to abstain from all appearance of evil..

1 Timothy 3:2 says that church elders should be the husband of one wife..

Christians are instructed to be discriminatory because righteousness has no part of wickedness..

But that is for the body of Christ, no such thing is said for secular governments.

So you are instructed to discriminate against gay people?
 We are instructed to not support sin. I don't understand why you can't understand that.

Bricktop

Is "forgiveness" not the same as "supporting"?

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Speaking of the bible...

It is, if I am not very much in error, a chronicle of God's work in creating heaven and earth, and the historical journey of his early human creations.

It is written by humans, from memory, hearsay, legend and myth. Some of it written some hundreds of years after the events it portrays.

Why, then, is it regarded as "God's Word"? He didn't write it. In fact, he probably wasn't even consulted. So why is it so sacred?

Why does it suddenly stop chronicling around the time of Jesus' death? Did God's work finalise, then, and all other events since are unimportant?

I would have thought that many events since the death of Jesus would warrant an entry, at least. The Crusades. The Pope. The several anti-Christs. Nostradamus.

Lots of interesting things have happened since its last publication. Why isn't it updated?

God worked through the writers and translators. :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Speaking of the bible...

because all those things "new things"....we're actually already put in the bible. There is no need for an update. They were foretold in scripture.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Is "forgiveness" not the same as "supporting"?

No. What?  Forgiveness is not the same as supporting.

Bricktop

Ah.

But why did he stop?

"Ah, Jesus is dead...that's a good ending. Fuck doing a sequel."

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Show me in the bible where Jesus himself discriminated against people.  Then show me how doing so is living the life of Christ.  I'll wait.

Your highest court should not bend to the will of the religious right past the defence of freedom of religion and in the case of gay marriage, it just that.  Discrimination based on sexual orientation was not warranted.  We saw it here in Canada as well.  Such a restriction of said freedom was not demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.  I see it no differently than it in the U.S. Your Supreme Court finally caught up with the times.

Christians are instructed to be discriminatory because righteousness has no part of wickedness..

But that is for the body of Christ, no such thing is said for secular governments.

If they abstain, absolutely not..

They can become full participating members of the congregation..

But, if they do not repent from a life of sinful indulgence they cannot..

Same applies to unrepentant heterosexuals too..

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Ah.

But why did he stop?

"Ah, Jesus is dead...that's a good ending. Fuck doing a sequel."
 What?!  It stops when Jesus...who rose from the dead three days after his crucifixion, comes back. The bible keeps going after Christ.  You have acts, the record of the first church. You have the epistles and the revelation.

Bricktop

Yes. But it does stop.

Why?

Surely not because human enlightenment reached suck a peak that the fables and stories that support the bible could no longer stand close scrutiny?

Nah, surely not.

Anonymous

if Jesus was walking the earth today, could you imagine the reaction?

RW

How do you know if they have repented or not?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Yes. But it does stop.

Why?

Surely not because human enlightenment reached suck a peak that the fables and stories that support the bible could no longer stand close scrutiny?

Nah, surely not.
Because Christ comes back. You do know that the Bible ends at the point of the end of this natural world. Alot of the events taking place today were already foretold in scripture.

Anonymous

How do you know if they have repented or not?
 By thier fruit.  Homosexuals are welcome in our congregation. But they won't be supported in sin. Nor will a heterosexuals be supported in sin.

Bricktop

So that's why they call gays "fruits"!!!