The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Racism

Started by RW, July 07, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Accidental top

Thanks god that we don't do that dumb MB top routine here
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Racism like sexism seems to me to be in the eye of the beholder. If not enough of one group or gender is seen to be successful or included in roles, activities, or discussions, then it is often called racism or sexism and the solutions proposed by those offended which are also often racist or sexist by definition, aren't oddly racist or sexist. Why isn't it?

It's why I despise militant feminists so much. They give women a bad name.

It should be about equal opportunity not equal coverage.

You fucking hypocritical asshole. You have no probs labelling others that don't kiss your flat white narcissistic ass racist, sexist, homophobic. Fuck off turd, you make whites look bad.

Were you drinking at the time of writing that?

Yes, it's reasonable to assume the only way to make your illogical tripe palatable is by consuming buckets of pre-made mojitos.
:roll:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Dinky Di, don't listen to this crapola.  You are plenty logical :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"
Quote from: "RW"I didn't say it made racism worse.  I said it takes away from ACTUAL racism and REAL racial issues.

I see nothing wrong with using brown paint on your face if you are dressing up like a black person for Halloween, just like it isn't offensive to paint your face white if you were dressing up like a white person for Halloween.  What the fuck is offensive about it?

If a white person wears black face they are bringing back the pain of Jim Crow. If a says Asians can't drive they are bringing back the racism of the exclusion act.

Have you had your ass kicked again by another Chinese boxer with ball bearing packed gloves Joak? :laugh3:

RW

Seoul, have you experienced any real racism in your life?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Seoul, have you experienced any real racism in your life?

Thanks for asking RW. Yes, I have. I don't mean I was attacked by a bunch of baseball bat wielding skins. But, like most Asian guys I have had my share of punks pull up to me in a car and shout slurs.

The racism that disturbs me the most is what the media feeds the masses. All too often I see network producers pandering to the most tired stereotypes of Asian men. It's getting a little better, with shows like Hawaii 5-0 for example. But, it's there though. I guess it is a matter of plenty of patience and chipping away at them. Stereotypes of Asian men as being spoiled mamma's boys or effeminate tool a while to build up. They won't be knocked down over night.

RW

You consider that racism or is it merely stereotyping?  Are those different to you?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"You consider that racism or is it merely stereotyping?  Are those different to you?

You ask the tough questions RW. I've never analyzed it, but I'll give it a shot.

In my opinion only, stereotyping is not necessarily racism although it often is. If someone believes I cannot drive based on widely held assumptions of people they know little about, I would call that ignorance. If some guy like Gary Joak utters a stereotype it is racism. That's how I see it anyway.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"You consider that racism or is it merely stereotyping?  Are those different to you?

You ask the tough questions RW. I've never analyzed it, but I'll give it a shot.

In my opinion only, stereotyping is not necessarily racism although it often is. If someone believes I cannot drive based on widely held assumptions of people they know little about, I would call that ignorance. If some guy like Gary Joak utters a stereotype it is racism. That's how I see it anyway.

So context is key?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

So context is key?

Most definitely for the examples I gave.

RW

So someone could comment on your driving or tease you as a stereotype and it could be just fine with you?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Racism like sexism seems to me to be in the eye of the beholder. If not enough of one group or gender is seen to be successful or included in roles, activities, or discussions, then it is often called racism or sexism and the solutions proposed by those offended which are also often racist or sexist by definition, aren't oddly racist or sexist. Why isn't it?

It's why I despise militant feminists so much. They give women a bad name.

It should be about equal opportunity not equal coverage.

You fucking hypocritical asshole. You have no probs labelling others that don't kiss your flat white narcissistic ass racist, sexist, homophobic. Fuck off turd, you make whites look bad.

Were you drinking at the time of writing that?

Yes, it's reasonable to assume the only way to make your illogical tripe palatable is by consuming buckets of pre-made mojitos.

Are you sober now?  ac_biggrin

Quote from: "RW"Dinky Di, don't listen to this crapola.  You are plenty logical :)

I thought I was plenty logical, even possibly polite and didn't see that fast bowled and garbled fortune cookie post coming at me until after it missed the wicket by a country mile.  ac_smile
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So someone could comment on your driving or tease you as a stereotype and it could be just fine with you?

I would prefer you didn't. Let's leave the stupidity to Gary Joak and Green Hornut.

RW

That's not my style but I was wondering if that's the case.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

A poster can vouch for me that I am a fine driver. ac_sothere
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]