Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Mighty Hath Fallen

Started by Bricktop, July 21, 2015, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

And will continue to do so...

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33617560">http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33617560

I love how their CFO tries to paint the turd pretty. Microsoft's dominance of IT is declining rapidly, as it pays the price for being greedy, arrogant, and presumptious.

Its OS will be used in business and industry for the foreseeable future, but only for as long as PC's dominate the IT infrastructure.

That will change.

Microsoft won't be going away...but its ability to affect and influence the world of technology has gone. They are just another player...and not a particularly good one.

RW

Don't completely poopoo on Mircosoft.  They advanced computing a great deal and still have one of the best office suites going.

I wish they wouldn't have fucked up Skype though :/
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Microsoft once dominated. They had it all. And when Apple virtually disappeared, there was no competition.

As a result, they did what they liked, and imposed themselves in virtually every area of computing.

Enter Apple, Mark 2...and everything changed. The iPhone. The iPod. OSX. Suddenly, Microsoft was looking distinctly outclassed.

There is no coincidence that their new OS will be called Windows 10. They've finally caught up with OSX. Version 10.0.

RW

Don't start bleating on about Apple's OS greatness.  It runs on a Unix shell.  Of course it's great!

Speaking of fallen, see Apple's stock price lately?  An 8% dump. Haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

keeper

Quote from: "Odinson"I got PC.

I have a Gaming PC, I love it ac_dance

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"Don't start bleating on about Apple's OS greatness.  It runs on a Unix shell.  Of course it's great!

Speaking of fallen, see Apple's stock price lately?  An 8% dump. Haha

And your point is?

Apple makes no secret of the fact that their innovation relies as much on other inventiveness than their own. They simply package innovations and leading edge technologies in a single, unified and well crafted package that makes other products look rather second hand from the moment they appear.

Apple leads. Others follow. For good reason.

Microsoft has corporate platforms tied up, and will continue to do so. But in every other area, it is playing catch up...and not very successfully.

Microsoft Zune? Windows Phone? Surface Tablet? Even the X Box runs second fiddle to Playstation.

Their Office software was the best around...but who needs it these days?

Odinson

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Odinson"I got PC.

I have a Gaming PC, I love it ac_dance

I build this one years ago but it still runs most current games...

I have been thinking of building a new one but I´m waiting for motivation... A rush.

RW

Open source is where it's at.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Mac looks like PC´s hot little girlfriend.

I rest my case.

Bricktop

And what's wrong with that??

Better a hot girlfriend than an ugly, complex, arrogant and overrated hag.

RW

How about someone open to everyone?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Quote from: "RW"How about someone open to everyone?

Slut!  :laugh:

Bricktop

RW

It is very much like a slut only without the STDs.
Beware of Gaslighters!