The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

God

Started by RW, July 28, 2015, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I'm an atheist!!!

I can tell lol.

Bricktop

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/jlmorahn/Atheism/christianity.jpg">

Anonymous

Yeah I hear ya. Only that's not Christian beliefs.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dove"Dd, how many times do I have to repeat, that you cannot force faith into a person? That even the bible teaches that? That bible believing Christians simply don't go there with politics?  Fash even stated this. How many times do you need this said? Are you reading it this time?

I was remarking about this:

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.
 Well sin is sin. Humans put levels on it. God doesnt. That's the thing, you broke His law already. No one meets the holy standard.  It's not so much about behaving or what we do as it is about what Jesus did and how we surrender to Him.

If you could replace the plurals with singulars in that statement, religious people would be more respected by nonreligious people.

If you would have prefaced with "In our belief, our interpretations of sin are shared sins across all humanity. We believe that humans put levels on it. Our own perception of God doesn't. That's the thing, according to our way of thinking, humanity broke his law already. We feel that non one could meet the holy standard of our faith but we strive for it regardless. It's not so much about behaving or actions in our faith but out belief in Jesus and his actions which we, as Christians, want to surrender to."

See how easy that was? It's respectful of other ways too.
 It's not very respectful to police how others express their world view. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

Yet you incorporated me into what I feel is complete and utter delusion bullshit. How respectful was that of you towards me? If you like to eat bullshit, so be it. Talk about how you like to channel the spirit of the bullshit down your throat, the taste of it, the consistency, or how no other bullshit before or after it will ever attain the level of perfect bullshit flavor and fullness for you, that's fine.

I'll keep thinking, "she likes to eat bullshit. It's a fetish".

However, if you were to say that "in your opinion" or "according to our beliefs", I might be curious. I'd wonder how bullshit could even be palatable. I'd think to myself, how could this person who seems otherwise intelligent want to eat bullshit? Maybe there's some kind sustenance to bullshit? Maybe it's not even bullshit? Maybe I'm full of shit? Maybe I'm just bullheaded and don't know the good shit. Maybe I should delve deeper into this ideology?

Then I'd look at your words again and go "She's already told everyone that she has no respect for different points of view whether spiritually or without. She only has one true way and it's her way. She will shit otherwise meaningless scriptures for a non-believer, challenge their ethics and civic beliefs, and insist that society defer to her beliefs no matter how irrelevant those demands are to her own actual individual existence or that of her immediate family or sphere."

I'd think that such a person was off their rocker. I'd resign myself to ensure that no such unbridled arrogance could EVER have influence in my life, my family's, or within my spheres.

I'd also be warranted in doing so.

I'm fine with what you -think- humanity and myself as part of it should or shouldn't be doing, but you need to start making the distinction when you speak out loud. If you tell me I'm spiritually part of something which I'm not, and you don't respect our current difference in opinion, I will not hesitate to cut you down again and again. I will not accept force or "we" creep in the context of some pie in the sky belief.

You got away with not having anyone challenge your stripper drug days hard enough until you were ready to change gears on your own. Don't demand that the rest of humanity must strip for some sandal, dress wearing Middle East shit stirrer. and latent boyo club guru 2016 years ago so that everyone must snort Holy Spirit out of some deity buttocks because you felt lost long ago and now feel high chemically free for a change.

Alternately, maybe your God is the one and only true God if any God exists at all. All I know is that you're the last person who could ever convince me to even look at your God. Your God sounds conceited, arrogant, self centered, and a completely delusional and insecure fuckstain (as of this posting).
 Okay well that's a problem you have, and you are going to spend a lot of time offended until you kinda get over yourself.

My problem is reacting to the problem-some behaviors of others when they impose themselves uninvited and disrespectfully? That's weird as.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

You mean like distorting your voice in company?

That's weird and disrespectful too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Dd, how many times do I have to repeat, that you cannot force faith into a person? That even the bible teaches that? That bible believing Christians simply don't go there with politics?  Fash even stated this. How many times do you need this said? Are you reading it this time?

I was remarking about this:

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.
 Well sin is sin. Humans put levels on it. God doesnt. That's the thing, you broke His law already. No one meets the holy standard.  It's not so much about behaving or what we do as it is about what Jesus did and how we surrender to Him.

If you could replace the plurals with singulars in that statement, religious people would be more respected by nonreligious people.

If you would have prefaced with "In our belief, our interpretations of sin are shared sins across all humanity. We believe that humans put levels on it. Our own perception of God doesn't. That's the thing, according to our way of thinking, humanity broke his law already. We feel that non one could meet the holy standard of our faith but we strive for it regardless. It's not so much about behaving or actions in our faith but out belief in Jesus and his actions which we, as Christians, want to surrender to."

See how easy that was? It's respectful of other ways too.
 It's not very respectful to police how others express their world view. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

Yet you incorporated me into what I feel is complete and utter delusion bullshit. How respectful was that of you towards me? If you like to eat bullshit, so be it. Talk about how you like to channel the spirit of the bullshit down your throat, the taste of it, the consistency, or how no other bullshit before or after it will ever attain the level of perfect bullshit flavor and fullness for you, that's fine.

I'll keep thinking, "she likes to eat bullshit. It's a fetish".

However, if you were to say that "in your opinion" or "according to our beliefs", I might be curious. I'd wonder how bullshit could even be palatable. I'd think to myself, how could this person who seems otherwise intelligent want to eat bullshit? Maybe there's some kind sustenance to bullshit? Maybe it's not even bullshit? Maybe I'm full of shit? Maybe I'm just bullheaded and don't know the good shit. Maybe I should delve deeper into this ideology?

Then I'd look at your words again and go "She's already told everyone that she has no respect for different points of view whether spiritually or without. She only has one true way and it's her way. She will shit otherwise meaningless scriptures for a non-believer, challenge their ethics and civic beliefs, and insist that society defer to her beliefs no matter how irrelevant those demands are to her own actual individual existence or that of her immediate family or sphere."

I'd think that such a person was off their rocker. I'd resign myself to ensure that no such unbridled arrogance could EVER have influence in my life, my family's, or within my spheres.

I'd also be warranted in doing so.

I'm fine with what you -think- humanity and myself as part of it should or shouldn't be doing, but you need to start making the distinction when you speak out loud. If you tell me I'm spiritually part of something which I'm not, and you don't respect our current difference in opinion, I will not hesitate to cut you down again and again. I will not accept force or "we" creep in the context of some pie in the sky belief.

You got away with not having anyone challenge your stripper drug days hard enough until you were ready to change gears on your own. Don't demand that the rest of humanity must strip for some sandal, dress wearing Middle East shit stirrer. and latent boyo club guru 2016 years ago so that everyone must snort Holy Spirit out of some deity buttocks because you felt lost long ago and now feel high chemically free for a change.

Alternately, maybe your God is the one and only true God if any God exists at all. All I know is that you're the last person who could ever convince me to even look at your God. Your God sounds conceited, arrogant, self centered, and a completely delusional and insecure fuckstain (as of this posting).
 Okay well that's a problem you have, and you are going to spend a lot of time offended until you kinda get over yourself.

My problem is reacting to the problem-some behaviors of others when they impose themselves uninvited and disrespectfully? That's weird as.
 You are willfully coming into a thread titled "God" where Christians are loosely discussing their faith and chosing to take it personally as if it's all about you. You are being the imposing one right now.  You can't control other people, so make some peace with that. Just as easily, you can chose to disregard it. I think the key word you used was "react".

Frood

You are willfully coming into a thread titled "God" where Christians are loosely discussing their faith and chosing to take it personally as if it's all about you. You are being the imposing one right now.  You can't control other people, so make some peace with that. Just as easily, you can chose to disregard it. I think the key word you used was "react".

Are you saying that I can't participate in a thread about god discussions unless I accept your belief system or at the very minimum, existence of a god as you view it?

We don't have to agree and we can still discuss such matters without agreeing. It's not like this thread is a Church and I walked in and started picking things apart which I don't really care about one way or another.

My point was and still is "If you could replace the plurals with singulars in that statement, religious people would be more respected by nonreligious people".

Would it be so horrible if you prefaced your beliefs with a "we believe, in our faith, that.." or whatever instead of:

"Well sin is sin. Humans put levels on it. God doesnt. That's the thing, you broke His law already. No one meets the holy standard.  It's not so much about behaving or what we do as it is about what Jesus did and how we surrender to Him."?

Being civil and respectful isn't imposing or being imposed upon. Think about it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Dd, I understand what you are saying. But this is how I see it. Regardless of whether you believe in God or not, I do, so if you feel the need to correct the way I speak maybe your best bet is to avoid talking about it. My view says everyone is accountable to God, including nonbelievers.  You don't have to agree, but really....you can't impose your emotions onto how I express my world view if you are chosing to discuss it.  I just spent all morning researching the dark web. I hate people right now.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"Dd, I understand what you are saying. But this is how I see it. Regardless of whether you believe in God or not, I do, so if you feel the need to correct the way I speak maybe your best bet is to avoid talking about it. My view says everyone is accountable to God, including nonbelievers.  You don't have to agree, but really....you can't impose your emotions onto how I express my world view if you are chosing to discuss it.  I just spent all morning researching the dark web. I hate people right now.

I've got no emotions invested in this subject and was pointing out civil matters as in civic (diplomacy). You're entitled to your view as I am to mine. There's no issue with our disagreement on the topic of gods. You worship, I don't, whatever.

A spoonful of sugar and all.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Let me see if I understand this Christian god correctly.

He is omnipotent and omniescent. Around 3,000 years ago, he decided to create Earth (and the rest of the solar system, which seems to be a huge waste of real estate). Then he decided to populate it with man (who couldn't figure out why there were dinosaur bones that pre-date him), in his image. We are his only children.

May I ask, what was this deity doing before that? Where did HE come from? Who created him? Was he created just 3,000 years ago too? In that case, is there a Dinosaur God?

Let there be enlightenment.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Let me see if I understand this Christian god correctly.

He is omnipotent and omniescent. Around 3,000 years ago, he decided to create Earth (and the rest of the solar system, which seems to be a huge waste of real estate). Then he decided to populate it with man (who couldn't figure out why there were dinosaur bones that pre-date him), in his image. We are his only children.

May I ask, what was this deity doing before that? Where did HE come from? Who created him? Was he created just 3,000 years ago too? In that case, is there a Dinosaur God?

I think it is more than 6000 thousand years ago Spectre..

In the Book of Job, dinosaur-like creatures are mentioned and so they appear to have existed at the same time that Adam and Eve and their descendants existed..

Job describes what sounds very much like a dinosaur in Job 40:15-24:

15 "Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.

16 What strength it has in its loins, what power in the muscles of its belly!

17 Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.

18 Its bones are tubes of bronze, its limbs like rods of iron.

Bricktop

OK.

6000 years.

Before that?

Anonymous

God was not created.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I think it is more than 6000 thousand years ago Spectre..

In the Book of Job, dinosaur-like creatures are mentioned and so they appear to have existed at the same time that Adam and Eve and their descendants existed..

Job describes what sounds very much like a dinosaur in Job 40:15-24:

15 "Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.

16 What strength it has in its loins, what power in the muscles of its belly!

17 Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.

18 Its bones are tubes of bronze, its limbs like rods of iron.
 Also talks about leviathan.  People always think we don't believe that dinosaurs were here.

Bricktop

God was not created.

You are not able to say that.

You have no knowledge, proof, evidence, fact or even hint.