Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

Quote from: "Dove"Romero...just....wow.  You just keep illustrating how little you know about woman's health care.  There are millions of women who somehow get real and informed health care without ever seeing a planned parenthood. Go figure? Lol

And there are millions of women who depend on Planned Parenthood. If Planned Parenthood is defunded, it's not like women's health care centres are going to magically pop up in its place.

You think millions of women go to Planned Parenthood just for fun?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "seoulbro"They won't be shut down if they lose federal funding. One-third of Planned Parenthood's revenues come from government grants (the rest is mainly from fees for services rendered at the health centers and from private donations). Planned Parenthood has made a profit for many years and also maintains status as a tax-exempt organization. I think it was Wulf who said they are using the sky is falling and he is right. They will still be around and so will teen abortions. Whenever there's demand, it will be filled.

If Planned Parenthood didn't need the money, the government wouldn't be giving it to them.

If the federal and provincial governments took away one-third of health care funding, it wouldn't be a big deal?

You may not require Planned Parenthood's health care but millions of women do.

Any organization that made $127 million in excess revenue, and over $1.4 billion in net assets, plus gives a $1.4 million in campaign contributions does not need taxpayer funding. An investigation of it's charitable status yes, but not public monies.

PP is able to open clinics in poor areas where other organizations cannot because it has a budget that other organizations lack. After all, PP is receiving hundreds of millions of dollars from the government. Defunding Planned Parenthood would allow other organizations to compete-organizations that don't have it's eugenicist and racist baggage.

Romero

Any "excess revenue" is used to provide services. It's not profit.

cc

Quoteif Planned Parenthood didn't need the money, the government wouldn't be giving it to them.

I have a bridge I'll sell cheap ... just for you
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

ghost

Well I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Against abortion? Pro life? It's simple. Don't have an abortion.

But don't tell me what to do with my own body. The majority of pro lifers are doing it for religious reasons. Don't push your religion on me. Christianity isn't the only religion in the world. People have different opinions on when life begins. That's why it should be a 'choice'. Remember, choice doesn't mean you are pro abortion. It simply means you accept that it should be an individual's choice.

I do agree that there needs to be more psychological support for people who need it. Sadly, the majority of people can't afford it. Some people are able to get an abortion and be fine afterwards. Others have deep emotional trauma.

Because no two people are alike. It's really that simple.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"Well I'll throw in my 2 cents.

But don't tell me what to do with my own body. The majority of pro lifers are doing it for religious reasons. Don't push your religion on me. Christianity isn't the only religion in the world. People have different opinions on when life begins. That's why it should be a 'choice'. Remember, choice doesn't mean you are pro abortion. It simply means you accept that it should be an individual's choice.

I do agree that there needs to be more psychological support for people who need it. Sadly, the majority of people can't afford it. Some people are able to get an abortion and be fine afterwards. Others have deep emotional trauma.

Hello ghost, it's nice to see you again..

You said what I mentioned that the only way one can be in favour of abortion is if you believe the unborn child is not yet a person..

For those of that do believe the child is a person, it's murder, for those that don't it's about rights.

@realAzhyaAryola

I agree with you, ghost. I am not going to go back and read everyone's post in this thread but I too will say that if I was alone and then I got raped and got pregnant by that rapist, there is no way I am carrying that pregnancy to term. No way in hell.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Any "excess revenue" is used to provide services. It's not profit.

No, it is not..

Planned Parenthood has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of employee time in order to protect its government handout. Planned Parenthood has flooded the airwaves with TV commercials [xxiii] and radio ads[xxiv] in order to protect its funding. Its employees – whose paychecks are subsidized by tax dollars -- have participated in bus tours and rallies across the country

There are health organizations that are willing to provide equal or better health care to women without wasting the people's money on political donations and expensive advertising..

Stanton Health Care Clinic in Boise, Idaho moved in right next door to Planned Parenthood, posting big signs offering free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and other services that Planned Parenthood charges for.

ghost

Quote from: "Fashionista"

You said what I mentioned that the only way one can be in favour of abortion is if you believe the unborn child is not yet a person..

For those of that do believe the child is a person, it's murder, for those that don't it's about rights.

Hey Fash,

Hope you're well.

Yes, I understand the difference between rights and murder.

But as humans, we justify murder all the time. People are murdered and we think it's acceptable.

War. Self-defense. Death penalty. The Crusades. Genocide. Just to name a few.

What about the pro lifers who kill abortion doctors? They justify that it's okay to kill the doctor because it's saving lives.

I don't buy into the 'murder' argument.

Bricktop

Hey spookster!!! How you doing!!!

:JC_howdy:

RW

Quote from: "Romero"Any "excess revenue" is used to provide services. It's not profit.

No, it is not..

Planned Parenthood has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of employee time in order to protect its government handout. Planned Parenthood has flooded the airwaves with TV commercials [xxiii] and radio ads[xxiv] in order to protect its funding. Its employees – whose paychecks are subsidized by tax dollars -- have participated in bus tours and rallies across the country

There are health organizations that are willing to provide equal or better health care to women without wasting the people's money on political donations and expensive advertising..

Stanton Health Care Clinic in Boise, Idaho moved in right next door to Planned Parenthood, posting big signs offering free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and other services that Planned Parenthood charges for.

That still qualifies as being non profit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"
QuoteNot being correct due to ignorance isn't lying.
Bad. That implies she is is wrong.

A quick search  does not make one  expert vs following something closely for years .

PP is an abortion / prog political tool from top to bottom .. which is why progs will die protecting it

As to parts, many  long video versions are out now, with new stuff every day now ... more than Q & his progs can slough off with their usual derision tactic ... they are circling the wagons now like never before  and will use ANYTHING to protect it

She's been wrong about many things in the course of this thread from abortion laws to the extent of services offered by Planned Parenthood.  I don't overlook that because she's a woman with a position that differs from mine.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

Hey Fash,

Hope you're well.

Yes, I understand the difference between rights and murder.

But as humans, we justify murder all the time. People are murdered and we think it's acceptable.

War. Self-defense. Death penalty. The Crusades. Genocide. Just to name a few.

What about the pro lifers who kill abortion doctors? They justify that it's okay to kill the doctor because it's saving lives.

I don't buy into the 'murder' argument.

We are doing ok despite the current economic slow down in Alberta..

I understand justifiable homicide and it was mentioned in this thread..

My husband would kill anyone that would want to harm his family..

I think we can all agree that if someone crushed the spinal chord of a baby that was born one second ago, it would be murder, not justifiable homicide

In my opinion it should be no different than if it happened seven months earlier..

But, I don't understand your point about pro life people that kill abortion doctors?

If the abortion performing doctor threatened the lives of someone, they would be justified in protecting themselves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

No, it is not..

That still qualifies as being non profit.

It may be these dubious activities does not disqualify their non profit status..

My point is that there are other organizations that could offer health services to women particularly in low income and without wasting resources on political donations.

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteThe Senate will vote as early as Monday on a bill to strip Planned Parenthood of federal funding, a largely symbolic vote causing pain for centrists in both parties and drawing fire from conservatives who say it won't satisfy their quest to put the organization out of business.

The bill isn't expected to garner the 60 votes needed to advance, as nearly all Democrats object to it. Its defeat, however, won't end the effort to cut off federal money for Planned Parenthood.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/senate-to-vote-as-soon-as-monday-on-defunding-planned-parenthood-1438294764">//http://www.wsj.com/articles/senate-to-vote-as-soon-as-monday-on-defunding-planned-parenthood-1438294764

This is what the 'baby parts' liars are up to. Planned Parenthood provides health care, STD and cancer screenings, breast exams and much more to millions of women.

Defunding Planned Parenthood will endanger millions of women. Who's going to provide those services? Dove?

Translation: The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!!!! :crazy: leftwing blather.  

PP is not part of the US government and is in no way deserving of the tax dollars it sucks up each year. For the most part it is a so-called not for profit organization and lobbying group aligned with the far left agenda. The US government has no business funding it with taxpayer money and just for the record.....I feel that way about ANY non-governmental agency.

Like so many other drains on the government trough, it's nothing but a social activist organization that operates off of the taxpayer's back. I say fuck that shit, cut them loose and see if they can float without sticking their hands in the combined wallets of the US taxpayer.

I dislike that predictable scaremongering that I've read from PP supporters. It's dishonest and insulting to all Americans. Life will go on for everyone as per usual if that organization stopped receiving a single tax dollar. Women's health will not be in crisis. PP's ability to meet it's bills will be, but not the health of American women.

You sure it won't become more difficult for woman (mostly teens) to access reproductive health care services if PPs shut down?

Under Ocare PP is obsolete. Reproductive health and abortions are covered under the gov insurance plans. So why do we need to pay taxpayer money for a redundant service like PP. It belongs in the shitter with the rest of the tax sucking programs that left-wing policies have kept alive for the past 50 years.