Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

The Great Abortion Debate

Started by Anonymous, July 30, 2015, 01:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So you'd give up a baby that had half of you in it?

If I felt I could not give it the same love I give my children I had with my husband..

I can't help it, but I could not be as fair to that child as our ones we prayed in Jesus name for..

Adoption would be best for the baby in such an extremely unlikely scenario.

RW

I think that's way easier said than done my dear.

I admire your conviction though.  I really do.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I think that's way easier said than done my dear.

I admire your conviction though.  I really do.

I'm with you RW. Talk is cheap and grows in horse excrement. And it's not just fashionista either.

Anonymous

Many people would sooner put the baby up for adoption than abort.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"A missed period is like 3 to 4 weeks.  WTF are you talking about not knowing before 7 weeks?

Abortion clinics report their stats.

G O O G L E   it
 Yeah, Google the stats.  See how many are done at 12 weeks.  Seriously?  You think most women actually think about their missed period?  Stress can cause a missed period. Most will be like "yeah, my periods late. I'll wait a week or so and take a test".  Then it's "oh no, I'm pregnant, I don't know what to do!" And them it's another week of choice making. Then if you are in very small percent who find out the next week after the missed period, you probably won't even get seen for another week, then after your assesment your procedure gets scheduled in another week or two. and they'll want you to wait until week 7.  I get what Google says. I'm telling you what reality is.

I'm sorry Dove but you haven't been accurate on much of anything when it comes to "reality".  You think your experience is the be all end all and I'm sorry but it's not.  It's to the point where you contradict yourself within a few posts.
So then most abortions are done before 7 weeks. Okay. Sure. Because most women know within 2 weeks of conception, make a fast choice to abort and get in to set up the procedure the very next day. They get the abortion pill and d&c and move on, with therapy available when needed.  Gee I was so wrong on the reality of abortion.

RW

You said you can't get an abortion before 7 weeks.  You also said most women don't know before 7 weeks that they are pregnant.  I rightfully called bullshit.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"I wanted to stay out this topic. I don't think the opinions of a man should carry much weight unless we suddenly are able to get knocked. But, reading the dishonesty from Fashionista, Dove, Romero and Keeper was enough. Forgive me ladies and I mean the intelligent ones, RW, cc la femme, shen li and Dinky Diana, but I have to speak my mind.

Fashionista: you deserve a Juno award for the performance you've given. An abortion is not je jure or de facto premeditated murder. You seemed like a nice girl until I read this thread.

Dove: are you sure you are a woman? Did you skip the health portion of your physical education class? You seem like a nice girl too, but this subject brings out the stupid in you.

Romero: if fashionista wins the award, you will be a close runner up. I don't think you know much about women who get abortions. I had an ex wife end her pregnancy after she got knocked up by her her lover when she was married to me. My son's girlfriend got an abortion because he was in no position to support a kid at the time and she didn't want the responsibility of raising one. An ex friend with benefits of mine got an abortion because neither of us wanted a kid and she didn't want to quit drinking and smoking for nine months. My neice got an abortion in April because it interfered with her university studies.

My whole point is that abortion is usually not about women's health. It's about selfish people that don't want or can't handle nine months or eighteen years of responsibility.

This is a point i have expressed in the past and was roundly challenged on as untrue. I'm glad to see that someone else is willing to call most abortions for what they are......."contraception post conception".

I would never wish to take away a woman's right to choose, it is not for me to tell others what they can and cannot do with their bodies. But the fact that in so many cases, abortion is used and to some extent promoted as a convenience, is one of the big reasons why I personally find it so morally objectionable.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Romero

QuoteAn 11-year-old girl in Paraguay who became pregnant after being raped by her stepfather — and whose case sparked international outrage after Paraguayan officials prohibited her from getting an abortion — has given birth to a daughter.

International human rights groups say that, while the girl and her newborn are both healthy, the birth highlights the fact that Paraguay's current abortion ban is much too stringent.

Mainumby's child was delivered via Cesarean section because doctors determined that a vaginal birth would be too dangerous.

Not every girl is as lucky. According to the World Health Organization, girls in Latin America who give birth before they turn 16 years old are four times more likely to die during childbirth than young women in their twenties. The United Nations estimates that 700,000 adolescents in developing countries die each year from unsafe childbirth. In Paraguay specifically, 28 minors died last year from complications that resulted from giving birth.

Latin America has some of the strictest abortion laws in the world. There, desperate women who attempt to end a pregnancy often end up in prison on charges of murdering their unborn children.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/08/14/3691715/panama-abortion-denied-birth/">//http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/08/14/3691715/panama-abortion-denied-birth/

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Herman"I wanted to stay out this topic. I don't think the opinions of a man should carry much weight unless we suddenly are able to get knocked. But, reading the dishonesty from Fashionista, Dove, Romero and Keeper was enough. Forgive me ladies and I mean the intelligent ones, RW, cc la femme, shen li and Dinky Diana, but I have to speak my mind.

Fashionista: you deserve a Juno award for the performance you've given. An abortion is not je jure or de facto premeditated murder. You seemed like a nice girl until I read this thread.

Dove: are you sure you are a woman? Did you skip the health portion of your physical education class? You seem like a nice girl too, but this subject brings out the stupid in you.

Romero: if fashionista wins the award, you will be a close runner up. I don't think you know much about women who get abortions. I had an ex wife end her pregnancy after she got knocked up by her her lover when she was married to me. My son's girlfriend got an abortion because he was in no position to support a kid at the time and she didn't want the responsibility of raising one. An ex friend with benefits of mine got an abortion because neither of us wanted a kid and she didn't want to quit drinking and smoking for nine months. My neice got an abortion in April because it interfered with her university studies.

My whole point is that abortion is usually not about women's health. It's about selfish people that don't want or can't handle nine months or eighteen years of responsibility.

This is a point i have expressed in the past and was roundly challenged on as untrue. I'm glad to see that someone else is willing to call most abortions for what they are......."contraception post conception".

I would never wish to take away a woman's right to choose, it is not for me to tell others what they can and cannot do with their bodies. But the fact that in so many cases, abortion is used and to some extent promoted as a convenience, is one of the big reasons why I personally find it so morally objectionable.

Renee, I am adding you to the list of intelligent ladies. My opinion mirrors your own. It's not up to me to dictate what elective surgery they may be allowed to get. But, we all know abortion is usually because people are selfish and do not want responsibility. Contraception post conception sums up exactly what abortion is.

Romero

QuoteInvestigation Into Planned Parenthood Leads To Indictment Of Anti-Abortion Activists

A Texas grand jury has indicted two anti-abortion activists in a case involving covert videos on fetal tissue procurement talks with Planned Parenthood and found there was no wrongdoing on the part of the health group, a district attorney said on Monday.

"After a lengthy and thorough investigation by the Harris County District Attorney's Office, the Texas Rangers, and the Houston Police Department, a Harris County grand jury took no action Monday against Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast," the Harris County District Attorney's office said in a statement.

The grand jury decision was a result of a probe launched last year under Texas Governor Greg Abbott who accused Planned Parenthood of the "gruesome harvesting of baby body parts."

No evidence was provided by Texas to back the claim. Planned Parenthood has denied the accusation and called the probe politically motivated.

David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt have both been indicted by the grand jury for tampering with a governmental record, said prosecutors for the county in which Houston is located.

The two were involved in covert videos last year in which a discussion was held with a Planned Parenthood official on the procurement of fetal tissue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/investigation-into-planned-parenthood-leads-to-indictment-of-anti-abortion-activists_us_56a69c92e4b0b87beec5cf61">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/investigation-into-planned-parenthood-leads-to-indictment-of-anti-abortion-activists_us_56a69c92e4b0b87beec5cf61

RW

The trouble with claims like this is that they cost these organisations time, money and a blow to their reputations whether it's true or not.  Isn't that an anti-abortion win in and of itself?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"The trouble with claims like this is that they cost these organisations time, money and a blow to their reputations whether it's true or not.  Isn't that an anti-abortion win in and of itself?

That organization costs taxpayers time and money. PP is not necessary anymore and should be completely defunded of public monies.

Twenty Dollars

I've not read all 22 pages to this thread. Are there folks against abortion here? Planned Parenthood and abortion are 2 great things to occur in Merica. The whole issue of selling infant parts and organs turned out to be total bullshit. That photg who made this claim with phony photos should be put in jail.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I've not read all 22 pages to this thread. Are there folks against abortion here? Planned Parenthood and abortion are 2 great things to occur in Merica. The whole issue of selling infant parts and organs turned out to be total bullshit. That photg who made this claim with phony photos should be put in jail.

I am pro life as is Dove..

But, even pro choice posters like Shen Li and Renee are critical of PP..

And they have accepted compensation for fetal tissue..

They stopped it for a while, but I would assume they will  start again.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-parenthood-stops-taking-reimbursements-for-fetal-tissue-1444744800">http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-par ... 1444744800">http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-parenthood-stops-taking-reimbursements-for-fetal-tissue-1444744800]Planned Parenthood Federation of America said it will immediately stop accepting reimbursements for supplying fetal tissue for medical research, an attempt to tamp down a controversy that has led to Republican investigations in Congress and an effort to end federal funding.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"I've not read all 22 pages to this thread. Are there folks against abortion here? Planned Parenthood and abortion are 2 great things to occur in Merica. The whole issue of selling infant parts and organs turned out to be total bullshit. That photg who made this claim with phony photos should be put in jail.

I am pro life as is Dove..

But, even pro choice posters like Shen Li and Renee are critical of PP..

And they have accepted compensation for fetal tissue..

They stopped it for a while, but I would assume they will  start again.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-parenthood-stops-taking-reimbursements-for-fetal-tissue-1444744800">http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-par ... 1444744800">http://www.wsj.com/articles/planned-parenthood-stops-taking-reimbursements-for-fetal-tissue-1444744800]Planned Parenthood Federation of America said it will immediately stop accepting reimbursements for supplying fetal tissue for medical research, an attempt to tamp down a controversy that has led to Republican investigations in Congress and an effort to end federal funding.

Not understanding. Accepted compensation for fetal tissue? Are you saying they accepted $$ for their aborted fetuses? As I recall abortions cannot take place after 90 days of inception? Would this be wrong related to cancer research? What else would this fetal tissue be used for?