The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Is American style humor ever funny? When an Empire loses its funny, is it the end of the Empire?

Started by Frood, August 01, 2015, 10:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asal

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Most comedy I have seen is vulgar.

:negative:

that's right   :evilthoughts2:

Novel observations, sometimes about secret thoughts :).

With gutter level, four letter word tirades.

Fash, that does happen.  One thing to keep in perspective is Bill Cosby used to publicly chastise other comedians for vulgar language ... and look how sweet he turned out to be.

@realAzhyaAryola

I find American style humor funny, especially those formed about the life and times within the Beltway.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I like Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Lewis Black.

Sometimes after I watch the CBS Evening News, I forget to change the channel until The Big Bang Theory comes on while I'm working at my laptop. After listening to it a couple of times, I thought it was pretty hilarious.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

English language comedy is pretty fucking stupid as of late. I generally give it a wide berth. There is no one today that could fill George Carlin's shoes.

@realAzhyaAryola

I remember this one making me laugh many Sunday nights.

">https://youtu.be/hJC4HvpWewM
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Whilst I generally agree, I must confess that "Veep" made me laugh.

However, I cannot imagine what zomboid mentality American sitcoms are aimed at. I cannot endure even 30 minute episodes.

Behold...The Young Ones!!

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r711rZ4M5K0