News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Question for the Boys, What to Eat for Grey Cup?

Started by Anonymous, November 20, 2012, 08:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

This year's Grey Cup weekend will be extra special for me because the Stampeders are in it.

Friends of ours offered to host the get together, so I offered to cater it.

What I thought I would make are:

*My own recipe for spring rolls, not trying to brag, but they are finger lickin good.

*Tangy meatballs with hot mustard or sweet and sour plum sauce.

*Lemon pepper and hot(Frank's) wings

*Spinach, guacomole and avocado dip served with celery, carrots, cauliflower and slightly steamed broccoli.

It will be mostly men at the get together, so do you think these will be popular munchy items?

Is there some other appetizer/finger food I should add or something I should strike from the list?

Tell me what you want to eat boys and I will make it for you?

:)

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"You can never go wrong with wings. The spicy meatballs are a good idea. Substitute sausages and cheese for the veggies and dip.

Hey thanks for the advice.

I might add sausages and cheese, but I know my girlfriends and I like veggies and dip.

Leopardsocks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Where's my invitation?

Whats a Grey Cup?

Oh I'm so sorry Leopardsocks, adminstrative error.

The Grey Cup is the championship game in the Canadian Football League.

This year my hometown Calgary Stampeders will play the Toronto Argonauts.

Leopardsocks

Gee...I'm not saying you're predictable...but there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the Peruvian jungle that knew you'd say that...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Gee...I'm not saying you're predictable...but there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the Peruvian jungle that knew you'd say that...

Did you happen to take a look at what I was planning on making for the celebration?

Are they the appetizers/finger foods you like when at a get together?

Is there something else you would prefer?

Romero

I'm not very much of a football fan. The Grey Cup isn't a big deal. It's only the 100th Grey Cup and what would have been my BC Lion's second in a row. Whatever.

Okay, so maybe I'm still a little upset that your Stamps beat us! I'm all better now. Here's to another historical Grey Cup game and I'll be rooting for the Western Champs!

Nachos and beer! Sorry, that's terribly usual but it always ends up being my answer for everything.

Otherwise, the ideas you have sound perfect!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I'm not very much of a football fan. The Grey Cup isn't a big deal. It's only the 100th Grey Cup and what would have been my BC Lion's second in a row. Whatever.

Okay, so maybe I'm still a little upset that your Stamps beat us! I'm all better now. Here's to another historical Grey Cup game and I'll be rooting for the Western Champs!

Nachos and beer! Sorry, that's terribly usual but it always ends up being my answer for everything.

Otherwise, the ideas you have sound perfect!

A nacho platter you say, that's a good idea..thanks.

Leopardsocks

I dont know what the Cup is for...but I'll come for the food.

And the girls...;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"I dont know what the Cup is for...but I'll come for the food.

And the girls...;)

Shen Li was right, you are witty.

:lol:

Leopardsocks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Shen Li lies!!!

She hates caucasians!!!

I know some people think she hates whites, but I don't believe that is true.

My husband is white and she doesn't hate him..

My children are half white and she better not hate them if she knows what's good for her.

Even if she did hates whites, who wouldn't make an exception for a rare gem like you though?

;)