Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Dear America

Started by RW, August 06, 2015, 12:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

The media runs your country.  Public opinion, whether informed or otherwise, shapes policy.  People, agencies and people are guilty until ... well, just guilty.

Are you afraid yet?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Anti-American sentiment is turning people off.

Stop it.

RW

My attempt to maintain peace did not work but thank you for the painful reminder.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "RW"The media runs your country.  Public opinion, whether informed or otherwise, shapes policy.  People, agencies and people are guilty until ... well, just guilty.

Are you afraid yet?

In some ways, Canada ain't much better, 'Real.

If we haven't completely sold out to the American (corporations), our governments appears to be the process doing so.

And most household in Canada lap up all the junk which is fit for the Tube with content which is made in america and paid for by American corporations.

cc

Canada media is doing a an equally great job in that regard by itself I'll have you know

You underestimate what our country can do on its own
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"The media runs your country.  Public opinion, whether informed or otherwise, shapes policy.  People, agencies and people are guilty until ... well, just guilty.

Are you afraid yet?
 Yes...and no lol

RW

Explain yourself woman.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Explain yourself woman.
I feel public opinion and culture is guided by media, so it's more of a mainstream brainwashing.  I'm more afraid for humanity than myself.....so that's what I mean with yes, and no.

asal

Poor quality education contributes to people being manipulated.

Wulf

Quote from: "asal"Poor quality education contributes to people being manipulated.

Let's call it what it is, shall we? Poor quality, UNION controlled and run education.

There, that aught to stir up some shit amongst you libs.  ac_biggrin

Frood

The West in general is lining up their dominoes and waiting for an opportunity to fall down. The people don't seem to mind continually asking what more their governments can do for them instead of ensuring that their governments are limited in doing any more harm. That goes for matters of economic policy which governments should have virtually nothing to do with and wealth redistribution which is simply State theft and extremely criminal.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "asal"Poor quality education contributes to people being manipulated.

Let's call it what it is, shall we? Poor quality, UNION controlled and run education.

Canada has unionized teachers and we don't seem to have the same issues with education.  I'd be looking at religious and socio-economic influences before unionized teachers.
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

aught it?

I don't know anything about american education.  I just know the standards are low from people going to school there and comparing the two (2) systems (canadian vs american).  A friend was shocked that all she had to write were two (2) page essays at Berkley, CA.  Another person told me they had a choice of graduating in "A" or "B."  One of which allowed for bowling classes, the other was snowboarding.

Frood

Quote from: "asal"

aught it?

I don't know anything about american education.  I just know the standards are low from people going to school there and comparing the two (2) systems (canadian vs american).  A friend was shocked that all she had to write were two (2) page essays at Berkley, CA.  Another person told me they had a choice of graduating in "A" or "B."  One of which allowed for bowling classes, the other was snowboarding.

There are different levels and they're mostly decided by tuition, affluence, and geography whether in public or private high schools, or universities. I don't doubt that the same applies to Canadian institutions.
Blahhhhhh...