The best topic

Replies: 10660
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:14:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Wow, Iron, Fash, Seoul, anyone else leaving for a few weeks?

If I go on a barrel wash bender, than you can include me too.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Blazor"Wow, Iron, Fash, Seoul, anyone else leaving for a few weeks?

But thats when I normally like to post lol  ac_dance
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

The old lady and I are going to the Dominican Republican in April after winter drilling season is over.

@realAzhyaAryola

I left already.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

I left already.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go to escape our Alberta winters?

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"As a Pinoy who lived in my hot country until I left while I was still a teenager and lived in a US city that has four seasons, I must say that being in a place that is hot is not making me all that comfortable. I like the change from the bitter cold but I do not know that I can handle the heat on a regular basis.

That was twenty three calendar days, not work day..

It was thirteen work days and I get four weeks annual vacation per year..

I'm using less than three weeks of 2020's av time for my trip to Taiwan..

I haven't been back in a long time...I want to see my relatives again.

The reasons of why you are going away again is really your business and you do not have to explain to me especially.

I too had been with an international financial organization for 20 years where my employer financed my visits to my home country, including stops along the way. Not just for me, by the way, but for my entire family. After my length of service, I too had earned a month off of personal leave each year. However, we planned our time off with our coworkers so that we can be back in the office after some time off but not go away again after returning to work. You know, coverage issues must be taken into consideration. My bosses would not appreciate that method at all, go away, come back and go away again. If you go away, come back briefly, then go away again, how much can someone get done with that kind of pattern? All I'm saying is that that would not have worked where I used to work. It would not fly.

I wasn't explaining it, I was just saying I'm homesick..

That must have been nice travelling for work..

My husband has been all over the world for work, but it was airport directly to drilling platform..

When he finished troubleshooting a problem it was back to the airport.

Maybe you misunderstood me, Fash. Although I did travel for work too, my 5-week trips to my home country was paid for by my employer. That was a benefit expatriates received. If an expatriate had a family, the employer pays for that entire family's trip back home including stopovers. We called it the "home travel." Some expatriate families had grandmother and grandfather living with them so they too received the paid travel. If the expatriate employee preferred going home every year, they receive paid for travel in the economy class. If the expatriate employee prefers to travel home every two years, they get business class. If the expatriate employee chooses to travel every three years, they receive first class travel, all paid for. I did not divulge this fact back then to a lot of people because they would get too envious.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"As a Pinoy who lived in my hot country until I left while I was still a teenager and lived in a US city that has four seasons, I must say that being in a place that is hot is not making me all that comfortable. I like the change from the bitter cold but I do not know that I can handle the heat on a regular basis.

That was twenty three calendar days, not work day..

It was thirteen work days and I get four weeks annual vacation per year..

I'm using less than three weeks of 2020's av time for my trip to Taiwan..

I haven't been back in a long time...I want to see my relatives again.

The reasons of why you are going away again is really your business and you do not have to explain to me especially.

I too had been with an international financial organization for 20 years where my employer financed my visits to my home country, including stops along the way. Not just for me, by the way, but for my entire family. After my length of service, I too had earned a month off of personal leave each year. However, we planned our time off with our coworkers so that we can be back in the office after some time off but not go away again after returning to work. You know, coverage issues must be taken into consideration. My bosses would not appreciate that method at all, go away, come back and go away again. If you go away, come back briefly, then go away again, how much can someone get done with that kind of pattern? All I'm saying is that that would not have worked where I used to work. It would not fly.

I wasn't explaining it, I was just saying I'm homesick..

That must have been nice travelling for work..

My husband has been all over the world for work, but it was airport directly to drilling platform..

When he finished troubleshooting a problem it was back to the airport.

Maybe you misunderstood me, Fash. Although I did travel for work too, my 5-week trips to my home country was paid for by my employer. That was a benefit expatriates received. If an expatriate had a family, the employer pays for that entire family's trip back home including stopovers. We called it the "home travel." Some expatriate families had grandmother and grandfather living with them so they too received the paid travel. If the expatriate employee preferred going home every year, they receive paid for travel in the economy class. If the expatriate employee prefers to travel home every two years, they get business class. If the expatriate employee chooses to travel every three years, they receive first class travel, all paid for. I did not divulge this fact back then to a lot of people because they would get too envious.

We got that benefit when we lived in Kazakhstan.....along with free housing, and international school.

Blazor

The old lady and I are going to the Dominican Republican in April after winter drilling season is over.

The only "plans" I have so far, is to go to that Old Time music festival at the end of July. For 5-7 days or so. I want to go to other ones too. But Clifftop is the Mecca of Old Time music festivals.

My brother wants me to come out to Seattle again this summer too. He said that was my Christmas present lol, a paid ticket and hotel. I havent been or seen him since September 2018.

Blazor

Speaking of my brother, he sent me a picture where he was on the news the other day. He was in a march on MLK day. Behind a BLM sign. I told him "thats cool man, but I dont support that hate group". Havent heard from him since lololol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Speaking of my brother, he sent me a picture where he was on the news the other day. He was in a march on MLK day. Behind a BLM sign. I told him "thats cool man, but I dont support that hate group". Havent heard from him since lololol.

Your brother seems very ideological.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Speaking of my brother, he sent me a picture where he was on the news the other day. He was in a march on MLK day. Behind a BLM sign. I told him "thats cool man, but I dont support that hate group". Havent heard from him since lololol.

When I was in Seattle, it was a lot of black and gay acceptance. Or the pushing of it with signs everywhere. I can see where he gets it from. Him and I dont get along with politics. Hes prolly mad at me for branding BLM a hate group lol.

Anonymous

When I was in Seattle, it was a lot of black and gay acceptance. Or the pushing of it with signs everywhere. I can see where he gets it from. Him and I dont get along with politics. Hes prolly mad at me for branding BLM a hate group lol.

That's good that he opposes discrimination. It's illegal anyway. But, what about bread and butter issues. What good is employment equality if there are no jobs or taxes are so high you are having most of your paycheque confiscated by greedy governments.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

That's good that he opposes discrimination. It's illegal anyway. But, what about bread and butter issues. What good is employment equality if there are no jobs or taxes are so high you are having most of your paycheque confiscated by greedy governments.

Him and I both oppose discrimination, but he hasnt been exposed to "bad" black people, and lives in a wealthy environment, much like his fellow liberals.

I honestly dont know how he feels on those. Hes in the Anti-Trump camp if that tells you anything lol.

Dont get me wrong, I love my brother, but hes better when he gets tipsy and the old him comes out again lol. Other than that, he seems like he has become an entitled asshole to others around him. In some ways its good he has become that way, cause he was a softie before, but he has taken it too far I think. When him and I talk, we try and not talk politics either lol. It goes down a bad road lol.

Odinson

My sister-in-law is on the opposite side of the political spectrum..

I´ve never hidden the fact that I view her kind as abominations.

Nobody expects a guy like me to be tolerant of shenanigans..

Still... She likes me... I listen to her troubles and I dont snap like my brother when she near wrecked my snowmobile.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"My sister-in-law is on the opposite side of the political spectrum..

I´ve never hidden the fact that I view her kind as abominations.

Nobody expects a guy like me to be tolerant of shenanigans..

Still... She likes me... I listen to her troubles and I dont snap like my brother when she near wrecked my snowmobile.

Your main issue, seems to be refugee acceptance....you think your country sets the bar to low..

Do you mean your sister thinks Finland should make it easier for asylum seekers?