The best topic

Replies: 10662
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:28:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I've tried windsurfing on Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching and in Florida. I am not very good at it, but I always have fun.

Odinson

I hate tourists whos expectations come from movies..

Some guy said that the pyramid of Giza was a disappointment..

The interior was small and the air was stale and full of fungus.

He was expecting the Pyramid to be a palace instead of a tomb.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I hate tourists whos expectations come from movies..

Some guy said that the pyramid of Giza was a disappointment..

The interior was small and the air was stale and full of fungus.

He was expecting the Pyramid to be a palace instead of a tomb.

We get foreign tourists to Banff National Park who are disappointed how commercial and busy it is....I don't blame them.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
">

Surfers make it look so easy.

I declare myself a lifelong learner. There are lessons. One can learn something but start it with a proper lesson, not do it on their own first. It is doable. A lesson gives you confidence to move forward with it.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

">

Surfers make it look so easy.

I declare myself a lifelong learner. There are lessons. One can learn something but start it with a proper lesson, not do it on their own first. It is doable. A lesson gives you confidence to move forward with it.
Do you surf Azhya?

@realAzhyaAryola

Parasite won the Oscars for Best Picture.

">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Parasite won the Oscars for Best Picture.

">

A Korean movie.

Anonymous

">

Now I want to see it.

Anonymous

">

Was it dubbed into English or does it only have English subtitles.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"

">

Was it dubbed into English or does it only have English subtitles.

Only has English subtitles but that could change since it is so popular.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"

">

Now I want to see it.

Me too. I hope it is showing on the blasted long flight back.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

">

Now I want to see it.

When are you going home Azhya.

@realAzhyaAryola

">

Now I want to see it.

I'd like to tell you but that is classified. Hehe. ac_hithere
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

">

Now I want to see it.

I'd like to tell you but that is classified. Hehe. ac_hithere
I understand.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I don't know where else to post this. Kudos to Azhya for starting this thread.

VIETNAMESE FACTORY CAUGHT MAKING COFFEE FROM USED BATTERIES, DIRT AND ROCK DUST

https://www.newsweek.com/vietnamese-factory-caught-making-coffee-used-batteries-dirt-and-rock-dust-891085?fbclid=IwAR3LUhuQyxW9EjeCJSr6dfhhEKuCyQP3BNdioLN-xQ874l9cSwIxL0XiYiI">https://www.newsweek.com/vietnamese-fac ... wIxL0XiYiI">https://www.newsweek.com/vietnamese-factory-caught-making-coffee-used-batteries-dirt-and-rock-dust-891085?fbclid=IwAR3LUhuQyxW9EjeCJSr6dfhhEKuCyQP3BNdioLN-xQ874l9cSwIxL0XiYiI

Vietnamese family-run manufacturer has been caught producing low quality coffee with harmful materials, such as used D batteries, dirt and rock dust, authorities said yesterday.

On Monday afternoon, Dak Nong police and inspectors from the Department of Natural Resources and Environment raided a workshop, owned by Nguyen Thi Loan, a resident in Dak Wek Commune in the Dak R'Lap district, after receiving tip-offs from local citizens about suspicious activities being conducted on the premise, reported Tuoi Tre News.

Among the raw materials, authorities found 77 pounds of black powder extracted from D batteries, a bucket of black liquid and two barrels filled with battery shells.

Loan told police she purchased rejected coffee beans and shells from other facilities at a discounted price. Her factory would then mix the beans with other materials, such as dirt and rock dust, before dyeing the product with the black powder from the batteries.

According to authorities, Loan admitted to running the operation for years and said she has already sold more than three tones of her product this year. During the raid, authorities found 12 tons of the low-quality coffee on the premise.

Tran Hong Con, an associate professor at the Vietnam National University, said the black substance in D batteries is a chemical called manganese dioxide. According to Con, the chemical compound is highly oxidant and even ingesting a small amount could cause manganese poisoning in humans.

Despite coffee being associated with countries like Brazil, Colombia or Ethiopia, Vietnam is one of the world's latest exporters of the commodity. During the 1990s, coffee production across the country grew around 20 to 30 percent each year.

In 2014, the 2.6 million people in Vietnam were employed by coffee manufacturers, reported BBC. The rise of the coffee industry has played a large part in transforming the nation's economy.

Print
User actions