The best topic

Replies: 10667
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:07:57 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

It seems there was one hundred million tonnes of Russian ammonium nitrate stored at the port.

Anonymous

I was in Calgary quite a few years ago. It is a much more livable city than Toronto.

Anonymous

My brother's wife has family in Lebanon..

The situation there with the pandemic and now the close of the port after the explosion is absolutely dire..

Hunger has become a reality for so many people in the country.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=374529 time=1596825870 user_id=3254
My brother's wife has family in Lebanon..

The situation there with the pandemic and now the close of the port after the explosion is absolutely dire..

Hunger has become a reality for so many people in the country.

It is a tragic situation there.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=374306 time=1596719790 user_id=3254
Quote from: Odinson post_id=374264 time=1596711431 user_id=136
It was a good, practical solution...

Leveling couple of towns instead of doing a land invasion..

Land invasion would have killed millions because the japanese were not gonna surrender.

The japanese wanted to go out like warriors.

Japan was going to lose with, or without using nuclear weapons.

That was true but not relevant to the choices available. It  had become obvious  to both sides at that time  that 1. Japan would lose and 2. Millions of mostly Japanese lives would be lost to end it) .

The problem was not who would win, rather it was how many lives would be lost on "both" sides to get the Japanese military to stop.

Key here: The Japanese military culture was such that "surrender was not an option under ANY circumstances" .. no matter how many must die and no matter if every structure in the country was lost (clearly the US was faced with leaders in the top tier of worse and most dangerous and cruel humans who have ever lived on the face of the earth)

I ask all "If you had to choose between the certainty  of millions of lives (mostly Japanese) being lost + the total destruction of the entire country" .. VS. a quick end with millions less lives lost ... how could you not act?

Speaking for myself: faced with the 2 terrible and only options, I truly hope that I would without hesitation choose the option that would result in several times fewer  total lives lost .. and at the same time also put an end to the destruction while most structures still remained
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

And besides that there was the USSR..

They all ready occupied the Northern half of Korea by the time Japan surrendered.

cc

Another good and relevant point

cc

Just came upon this tonight by happenstance

https://humanevents.com/2020/08/05/our-use-of-nuclear-weapons-75-years-ago-was-a-moral-and-strategic-imperative/">https://humanevents.com/2020/08/05/our- ... mperative/">https://humanevents.com/2020/08/05/our-use-of-nuclear-weapons-75-years-ago-was-a-moral-and-strategic-imperative/

Our Use of Nuclear Weapons 75 Years Ago Was a Moral and Strategic Imperative.

Invading Japan was not a serious option. Neither was a negotiated peace.

EXCERPTS:

Leaving aside whether our enemy "deserved" to be attacked with the most fearsome weapons ever employed, sceptics are also quick to overlook the "humanitarian" and strategic aspects of the decision to use them.

A study performed by physicist (and future Nobel Laureate) William Shockley for the War Department in 1945 estimated that the invasion of Japan would have cost 1.7-4 million American casualties, including 400,000-800,000 fatalities, and five to ten million Japanese deaths. These fatality estimates were, of course, in addition to the members of the military who had already perished during almost four long years of war; American deaths were already about 292,000. The implications of those numbers are staggering: the invasion of Japan could have resulted in the death of more than twice as many Americans as had already been killed in the European and Pacific theaters of WWII up to that time!

The legacy of Little Boy and Big Man was in reshaping the course of history; a swift end to the war rendered Operation Downfall unnecessary.

As a result of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, what did not need to happen was "Operation Downfall"—the massive Allied (largely American) invasion of the Japanese home islands that was being actively planned. As Allied forces closed in on the main islands, the strategies of Japan's senior military leaders ranged from "fighting to the last man" to inflicting  heavy enough losses on invading American ground forces that the United States would be forced to agree to a conditional peace. Operation Downfall was designed, in large part, because U.S. strategists knew (from having broken the Japanese military and diplomatic codes) that there was virtually no inclination on the part of the Japanese to surrender unconditionally.

Lastly, because the Allied military planners assumed that "operations in this area will be opposed not only by the available organized military forces of the Empire [of Japan], but also by a fanatically hostile population," astronomical casualties were thought to be inevitable.

The legacy of Little Boy and Big Man was in reshaping the course of history; a swift end to the war rendered Operation Downfall unnecessary.

Anonymous

Japan would never have negotiated peace.

Anonymous

The prog owned media does not want us to know the truth.

Media Refuses To Cover George Floyd Body Cam Footage

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/08/unfit-to-print-george-floyd-body-cam-footage-media/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=j.Fx8uJeFwmN.l4HX85tL7C.yAiQYSoxqwNd8lGY">https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/08/unfi ... oxqwNd8lGY">https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/08/unfit-to-print-george-floyd-body-cam-footage-media/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=j.Fx8uJeFwmN.l4HX85tL7C.yAiQYSoxqwNd8lGY

The Daily Mail obtained leaked body cam footage from the police officers who arrested George Floyd, and the full video is not good for the Black Lives Matter narrative.

The footage shows that Floyd was resisting arrest, impossible to deal with, and was complaining about not being able to breathe well before he was put on the ground. Yet the media has hardly covered this new footage because of course it hurts the idea that this was an intentional murder of a man because he was black.

Odinson

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=374316 time=1596728728 user_id=114

Land invasion would have killed millions because the japanese were not gonna surrender.

And let's face it, the Americans needed to test nuclear weapons on people.

Maybe on some level, they wanted to see the long-term effects of nuclear explosion on humans.

But I think the main reason was to put a quick end to the conflict.. It had been going on for years and Japan was not gonna surrender.

Secondary reason was to demonstrate their power to the Soviet Union... The red army was pretty scary strong after WW2.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=374961 time=1597015666 user_id=136
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=374316 time=1596728728 user_id=114

And let's face it, the Americans needed to test nuclear weapons on people.

Maybe on some level, they wanted to see the long-term effects of nuclear explosion on humans.

But I think the main reason was to put a quick end to the conflict.. It had been going on for years and Japan was not gonna surrender.

Secondary reason was to demonstrate their power to the Soviet Union... The red army was pretty scary strong after WW2.

It would have been a disaster if Japan had been conquered by the Soviet Union.

Gaon

This video hasn't slowed down BLM from protesting against the police.
The Russian Rock It

cc

The longer they keep it up, the more they hurt the party that is allowing and in fact often encouraging it .. at very least defending it

I found it striking that the balless Portland mayor, after allowing and even encouraging it  actually said outright - "Stop it" .. "Because if you keep it up you will get T elected"

And that was the ONLY reason he told them to stop. So far, they have actually increased the terror .. He waited way too long, because he wanted it but didn't realize till lately the political consequences

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374997 time=1597027123 user_id=88
The longer they keep it up, the more they hurt the party that is allowing and in fact often encouraging it .. at very least defending it

I found it striking that the balless Portland mayor, after allowing and even encouraging it  actually said outright - "Stop it" .. "Because if you keep it up you will get T elected"

And that was the ONLY reason he told them to stop. So far, they have actually increased the terror

That would mean that the movement and their political arm give a shit about truth. They don't.