The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Did you hear about dragon/phoenix twins from your brother RW?

I actually heard about it from the maintainence guy in my office building back when they were born but I can't remember what the deal is with them.

It symbolizes power, strength and good fortune for your whole family.

Cool!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Cravings for fresh coffee are at maximum levels permissible.
Blahhhhhh...

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

@realAzhyaAryola

I hope my son has a good hockey game tonight. Hope he sends a few in between the pipes.

In the meantime, in Detroit, the Red Wings hosted the Caps...and beat the Caps, 0-1. Crap. ac_dunno
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Annie

How long has he been playing for AA?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

@realAzhyaAryola

He is 22 now. He's been playing since he was 8, Annie.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Annie

That's pretty good AA. Not a lot of kids stick with a sport for that long even if they have potential. Our son did very well in baseball for many of his teen years but didn't continue.  There was a scout at one of his games and the coach told us they saw a lot of potential. He was able to hit the ball literally out of the park almost every time. I wish he had stuck with it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"He is 22 now. He's been playing since he was 8, Annie.

Your son is 22 Azhya?

:ohmy:

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, Fash. I am an old woman. ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Yes, Fash. I am an old woman. ac_biggrin

My son will be eleven in 2016.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "GrAnnie"That's pretty good AA. Not a lot of kids stick with a sport for that long even if they have potential. Our son did very well in baseball for many of his teen years but didn't continue.  There was a scout at one of his games and the coach told us they saw a lot of potential. He was able to hit the ball literally out of the park almost every time. I wish he had stuck with it.

I can relate to that, Annie, scouts, potential, and things of that nature. So he went on to play junior hockey as well but as you move on along in hockey, the competition also gets more fierce. It's either you're really good so you continue on an uphill climb or you realize it's time to hang your skates. My son was good but he was not Ovechkin-good. Your son sounds talented. Maybe he can still do that with a recreational league. My son just plays in an adult league. It was sad when he told me he was hanging his skates only because I enjoyed watching him play during those active hockey years. I considered those happy years. He has lots of things to keep him busy, work, school, but I'm glad he is finding time to play.

They won 6-2 last night and he said 4 of those goals were his. Cool.
@realAzhyaAryola

Annie

My son is only a year older than yours AA. He does play with friends for fun as well as basketball. He never really cared for basketball as a kid but now he enjoys it.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Flaccido Domingo

:laugh: That's a good one.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"That's pretty good AA. Not a lot of kids stick with a sport for that long even if they have potential. Our son did very well in baseball for many of his teen years but didn't continue.  There was a scout at one of his games and the coach told us they saw a lot of potential. He was able to hit the ball literally out of the park almost every time. I wish he had stuck with it.

I can relate to that, Annie, scouts, potential, and things of that nature. So he went on to play junior hockey as well but as you move on along in hockey, the competition also gets more fierce. It's either you're really good so you continue on an uphill climb or you realize it's time to hang your skates. My son was good but he was not Ovechkin-good. Your son sounds talented. Maybe he can still do that with a recreational league. My son just plays in an adult league. It was sad when he told me he was hanging his skates only because I enjoyed watching him play during those active hockey years. I considered those happy years. He has lots of things to keep him busy, work, school, but I'm glad he is finding time to play.

They won 6-2 last night and he said 4 of those goals were his. Cool.

That's my understanding too AA. It's not enough to be good. You have to be exceptional to make a career of it. At least your boy had a lot of fun and who knows, maybe you'll have an NHL grandson someday.

BTW, what's a good age to get a boy into hockey do you think?