The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Some people claim that our society has now deteriorated because we choose to text or email rather than pick up the phone and talk but when they don't want to speak to someone who's calling them, what's their excuse? Are there people you'd rather text with than phone chat with? Or do you like to phone chat with most everyone in your world or not at all?

I still prefer phone chatting.  I can't think of anyone I'd rather text than talk to.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Some people claim that our society has now deteriorated because we choose to text or email rather than pick up the phone and talk but when they don't want to speak to someone who's calling them, what's their excuse? Are there people you'd rather text with than phone chat with? Or do you like to phone chat with most everyone in your world or not at all?

I still prefer phone chatting.  I can't think of anyone I'd rather text than talk to.

I can think of some rather rude people I'd prefer to text.

@realAzhyaAryola

Me too, Fash. I like both texting and speaking on the phone though.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Me too, Fash. I like both texting and speaking on the phone though.

How's your summer so far Azhya?

Anonymous

We have smoke from BC's forest fires over Saskatchewan today.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"We have smoke from BC's forest fires over Saskatchewan today.

Really?

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"We have smoke from BC's forest fires over Saskatchewan today.

Really?

We had smoke from the BC fires yesterday..

Now, there's a forest fire at the BC/Alberta border.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Really?

We had smoke from the BC fires yesterday..

Now, there's a forest fire at the BC/Alberta border.

And with hot temperatures and wind, there's no  respite.

shin

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Me too, Fash. I like both texting and speaking on the phone though.

I often use texts to start a conversation that leads to a phone call. I think it's better to text someone who is open to that vessel of communication so they can respond at their convenience, and if both parties are eager to speak on the phone then we call each other.

I also think the general tone of conversation tends to differ across text, chat, email, and telephone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

I often use texts to start a conversation that leads to a phone call. I think it's better to text someone who is open to that vessel of communication so they can respond at their convenience, and if both parties are eager to speak on the phone then we call each other.

I also think the general tone of conversation tends to differ across text, chat, email, and telephone.

I do that too shin.

Blazor

Yes it does! Thats one of the main reasons I try to include lots of smileys lol, Im normally a smiley person, and if I dont include smileys then sometimes what is read by someone else is misconstrued and I could be thought of as an asshole lol. Even then, typed words are still much different than an actual conversation.

I prefer text most of the time. Mostly cause Im so busy most the time its hard to fit in an actual conversation. And if its a conversation with someone I really dont want to talk to at the time, it can tend to be a bit draining (my sister or dad).

I also dont like talking on a cell phone, I would really like a land line back. I hate knowing how much radiation is emitted from those things and how its possibly passing through my brain (cancer).
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Yes it does! Thats one of the main reasons I try to include lots of smileys lol, Im normally a smiley person, and if I dont include smileys then sometimes what is read by someone else is misconstrued and I could be thought of as an asshole lol. Even then, typed words are still much different than an actual conversation.

I prefer text most of the time. Mostly cause Im so busy most the time its hard to fit in an actual conversation. And if its a conversation with someone I really dont want to talk to at the time, it can tend to be a bit draining (my sister or dad).

I also dont like talking on a cell phone, I would really like a land line back. I hate knowing how much radiation is emitted from those things and how its possibly passing through my brain (cancer).

Ya, it is easy to have written words misinterpreted.

Blazor

DUDE! Right after I typed that out, it was time for lunch. I had sent my gf a text 2 hours prior while she was sleeping, nothing bad in the text. She woke up, and all of a sudden I sound "hostile" and goes on this rant! lmao, fucking hell. Shes also about to start her cycle, she turns bipolar then. Cause right after she typed all that and I replied "how?" then she turned back to normal for the most part lol. Geez. I havent replied back just yet, but now shes saying "you dont luv me  :sad:  " lol. This is where that Jackie Chan meme comes to mind where hes confused lol.

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

DUDE! Right after I typed that out, it was time for lunch. I had sent my gf a text 2 hours prior while she was sleeping, nothing bad in the text. She woke up, and all of a sudden I sound "hostile" and goes on this rant! lmao, fucking hell. Shes also about to start her cycle, she turns bipolar then. Cause right after she typed all that and I replied "how?" then she turned back to normal for the most part lol. Geez. I havent replied back just yet, but now shes saying "you dont luv me  :sad:  " lol. This is where that Jackie Chan meme comes to mind where hes confused lol.

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg">

Jackie Chan confused? Never

:laugh:

Anonymous

DUDE! Right after I typed that out, it was time for lunch. I had sent my gf a text 2 hours prior while she was sleeping, nothing bad in the text. She woke up, and all of a sudden I sound "hostile" and goes on this rant! lmao, fucking hell. Shes also about to start her cycle, she turns bipolar then. Cause right after she typed all that and I replied "how?" then she turned back to normal for the most part lol. Geez. I havent replied back just yet, but now shes saying "you dont luv me  :sad:

You should have thought about that before you hit send. :laugh3: