The best topic

Replies: 10564
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:39:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"At home, specifically in our rec room.

That is perfectly fine, Fash. I did that for years also.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I conducted an experiment in my city one day and these are my observations.

When you smile at people you encounter while you are out and about, they either:

1. are taken by surprise that you are smiling at them and are uncertain whether to smile back or not

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

In my observation, the numbers are pretty even between those who smiled back and those who had no reaction.

When I was younger, people would acknowledged each other with a smile or a nod. Today, people can be up close to each other like in a packed train or

walking on the street and most people avoid eye contact. Could this be a sign of a growing trend? Are we more comfortable in ignoring our fellowmen even if they are within our immediate space?

Here in Winnipeg I find some will try to pretend they did not see you smile at them.

I notice that in the downtown core, but not in my neighbourhood.

Odinson

https://kuvaton.com/kuvei/isa_siina_sinulle_vetta.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"https://kuvaton.com/kuvei/isa_siina_sinulle_vetta.gif">

Is there a point to this Odi?

What am I missing?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

What am I missing?

The father is oblivious to the fact that she gets the water from the toilet.

This is an independent funny post in a thread of randomness.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

What am I missing?

ah, gotcha.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I conducted an experiment in my city one day and these are my observations.

When you smile at people you encounter while you are out and about, they either:

1. are taken by surprise that you are smiling at them and are uncertain whether to smile back or not

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

In my observation, the numbers are pretty even between those who smiled back and those who had no reaction.

When I was younger, people would acknowledged each other with a smile or a nod. Today, people can be up close to each other like in a packed train or

walking on the street and most people avoid eye contact. Could this be a sign of a growing trend? Are we more comfortable in ignoring our fellowmen even if they are within our immediate space?

I smile quite often, and nod a good bit too. When I was in Seattle visiting my brother, he was amazed while we walked that so many smiled or waved back to me. He said that never happens to him. I told him he needed to smile more lol. He also tried advising me to ignore a guy at the bus stop, but thats not how I roll. If Im talked to, I'll talk back.

I do believe it is a trend, cause some folks stay stuck in their phone and Fakebook. Easy for them to ignore people. They develop a mentality that ignoring is ok.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

I smile quite often, and nod a good bit too. When I was in Seattle visiting my brother, he was amazed while we walked that so many smiled or waved back to me. He said that never happens to him. I told him he needed to smile more lol. He also tried advising me to ignore a guy at the bus stop, but thats not how I roll. If Im talked to, I'll talk back.

I do believe it is a trend, cause some folks stay stuck in their phone and Fakebook. Easy for them to ignore people. They develop a mentality that ignoring is ok.

No ignoring where I live. Everybody knows each other in the town.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

I suppose less ignoring in smaller towns. More ignoring in bigger cities.

Anonymous

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

I hate city living,

Blazor

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

I hate city living,

Im with ya there man! I'd rather live in Odi's cabin  :laugh:

Anonymous

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

I hate city living,

I like my farm. A half section all to myself. Ride my quad and shoot badgers.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Odinson"

What am I missing?

ah, gotcha.

ac_toofunny

:beurk:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

I hate city living,

:thumbup: Thanks, fellas, for your input.

I like both. The downtown energizes me but I need the country to fuel creativity in writing and painting mainly. The downtown pulse excites but the serenity of the countryside calms and quiets.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

2. smile back also

3. do not smile back

I hate city living,

:thumbup: Thanks, fellas, for your input.

I like both. The downtown energizes me but I need the country to fuel creativity in writing and painting mainly. The downtown pulse excites but the serenity of the countryside calms and quiets.

I didn't mind the city that much when I was young, but now I frickin hate it.