The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

8 more slaughtered in the US.

Started by Bricktop, August 10, 2015, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"

Do you think the US military would remain 100% loyal if the cause the people had was seen as just. Despite what you think you know, you don't really understand the American psyche nor the mission and temperament of its military. I think I know it a little better than you or anyone here.

Just so you know the US currently has a significant number of veterans living as private citizens who would more than be ready to answer a call to arms should it ever come to an extreme and unthinkable situation. Why you would be astonished as to my position on this I cannot fathom. First an foremost I am a citizen of the US and should our government ever forget that they exist to serve the people I would be more than willing to remind them of their place be it at the voting booth or on a field of fire. Just about anyone who serves or has served in the US military feels the same way. Who do you think the average US soldier owes his allegiance to....the government????? Fuck no, it's to the people. We take an oath to protect the country and we owe or loyalty to the principals that founded this nation, not the politicians in Washington. Just as the politicians are supposed to serve the people so is the military.

BTW, who do you think those "armed dissidents" were during the American Revolution? They were American citizens.

As to your assertion that the Nazis took control of Germany by peaceful means, all I can say is you have obviously skipped over the "Night of the Longknives" and the events leading up to it. You also seem to be unaware that there was a paramilitary arm of the Nazi party (Brownshirts). Their sole purpose was to forcibly subdue the political opposition through violent means. If you can find a living member of the communist party that existed in Germany in 1934 YOU could ask him or her if the Nazis took control peaceably. In 1934, I think all in total there were about 4000 commies arrested, and hundreds killed in fighting against the Nazis. Does that sound like taking control by peaceful means?

I would not pretend to know where your military's allegiance would lie in the case of major civil unrest and national rebellion. I defer to your greater knowledge in that regard.

The point I'm making is that if the military stays loyal to the government, then all the armed civilians in the US would not succeed in overthrowing the politicians.

And politicians know that...which is why they appoint and monitor their generals very, very carefully. As they do everywhere.

Agreed but remember, Generals are only as good as their chain of command. Those who work for them have to believe in what they are doing is right. I can only point to the American Civil War when the best of the best commanders went over to the rebels because they felt their allegiance to a principle took precedence over their allegiance to what they felt was a tyrannical central government.

Um, your history books dictate that the best of the best (or West Point graduates) were Southern born and raised.

Are you reading from the Northern Revisionist School Textbook?

Do you also believe that the North abolished the horrible institution of negro slavery by the Emancipation Proclamation and what are your feelings on the eventual Posse Comitatus Act?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Dove"You really have no idea what America is really like. The only thing that keeps the businesses safe in the city I live in is the right the owners have to arm themselves.  We need to deal with poverty and the illegal fire arms that FAR out number the legal ones. Not strip rights away from noncriminals.  That's like saying the way to stop the heroin epidemic is to take pain patients prescriptions away. It makes no sense and doesn't address the problem.  You don't strip rights from innocent people in order to clean up criminals.

Most Australians don't understand America and its background nor do they want to understand it because we here are indoctrinated otherwise by our politicians and mass media.

You're not going to get anywhere with him on this topic especially so if he was actually a cop. The idea that people could defend themselves against their government and their uniformed officers or soldiers scares the shit out of them and Australia has a very dicey history in that regard.

The right to have arms was set in place for that purpose. To protect our Constitution against government tyranny.  We need it now more than ever because it's gonna hit the fan in a big way over here. Our entire system is corrupt.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"When you purchase a gun Wulf is the reason "in case the government gets out of hand"?  How many Anericans would you say buy a gun for that purpose?

Several thousand nationwide.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"You really have no idea what America is really like. The only thing that keeps the businesses safe in the city I live in is the right the owners have to arm themselves.  We need to deal with poverty and the illegal fire arms that FAR out number the legal ones. Not strip rights away from noncriminals.  That's like saying the way to stop the heroin epidemic is to take pain patients prescriptions away. It makes no sense and doesn't address the problem.  You don't strip rights from innocent people in order to clean up criminals.

Most Australians don't understand America and its background nor do they want to understand it because we here are indoctrinated otherwise by our politicians and mass media.

You're not going to get anywhere with him on this topic especially so if he was actually a cop. The idea that people could defend themselves against their government and their uniformed officers or soldiers scares the shit out of them and Australia has a very dicey history in that regard.

The right to have arms was set in place for that purpose. To protect our Constitution against government tyranny.  We need it now more than ever because it's gonna hit the fan in a big way over here. Our entire system is corrupt.

You'll have to go it alone it that regard, Dove.

Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and above all what's left of the Commonwealth all around the English speaking world believe that the only way to challenge gross injustice is to "democratically" submit a vote (more often than not compulsory) if and where it's allowed by government mandate, and that's somehow more civilized than not molesting each other with touchy or trigger happy fingers.

America is looked at with fear and contempt.

If there is a revolt in America by sane people, the rest of the police state world is scared of having to follow along. They won't stand for it.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "RW"When you purchase a gun Wulf is the reason "in case the government gets out of hand"?  How many Anericans would you say buy a gun for that purpose?

Several thousand nationwide in a country with a population of almost 310 million.  Let me guess, they all still fly the Confederate flag.

:001_rolleyes:
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and above all what's left of the Commonwealth all around the English speaking world believe that the only way to challenge gross injustice is to "democratically" submit a vote (more often than not compulsory) if and where it's allowed by government mandate, and that's somehow more civilized than not molesting each other with touchy or trigger happy fingers.

If there is a revolt in America by sane people, the rest of the police state world is scared of having to follow along. They won't stand for it.

I think more pity than contempt.  I feel sorry for any society that lives in so much fear.  I couldn't imagine living in a country where I felt I needed a gun to keep the government in line.  I can't fathom that even being a realistic option.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
"Pessimist"?????......No, "realist" the proper term. But I am grumpy, I'll give you that.

I say you are wrong. I have history and military experience and tactical knowledge on my side, what do you have...Opinion? last I checked opinion is not good enough to prove a point.

Opinion. I've noticed this in the forums. There's just too many opinions pouring in from every direction yet, these are just opinions. If someone's got such a profound opinion on how to change the world or the community, what are they doing crusading for their opinions in an internet forum? They should go out there and change what they want to change based on their opinions. Their opinions are withering away in an internet archive to be erased by one mere click. If it were that "great," I hope they would apply it out there in the real world and let's see them, their opinions, and their names hot off the press in the morning paper.

Sometimes, I'm in a hurry to go somewhere and then I find myself delayed because I'm reading someone's lengthy post and then I ask myself, "Why am I reading this!?"

Fall out.

When you have a discussion by the water cooler Az, do you ask why they are bothering to even talk to each other?  It's people talking.  What's wrong with that?

And just to qualify things, I spent many years changing communities in a volunteer capacity.  The hours I spent "making a difference" would make your hair curl.  Does that give me the right to have an opinion in your humble one?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

The sane ones who will be revolting aren't nearly as concerned with other countries.  More concern lies with our own government

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Several thousand nationwide in a country with a population of almost 310 million.  Let me guess, they all still fly the Confederate flag.

What do you know about the Confederate flag besides what you are told?  Take a trip to the gulf Coast and see all the black people flying it.  It's not a symbol of racism.

RW

Quote from: "RW"

What do you know about the Confederate flag besides what you are told?  Take a trip to the gulf Coast and see all the black people flying it.  It's not a symbol of racism.

Well luckily I didn't say fuck all about racism, eh?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

The sane ones who will be revolting aren't nearly as concerned with other countries.  More concern lies with our own government

The sane ones who will be revolting?

BUAHAHAHA.  :laugh3:
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Yes, thousands organize in protest. Why are you getting shitty about it?  You think people should fork over our rights to our corrupt government?

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Yes, thousands organize in protest. Why are you getting shitty about it?  You think people should fork over our rights to our corrupt government?

I think you're saying ridiculous things.

It's funny.  I live in a country where I'm not afraid of my government.  Why are you so paranoid?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

So you assume the whole world works out like canada. Do you know what goes on in america? It may sound ridiculous to you....but you don't live here

You can get pulled over by your mounted police without dying.  That's just one example. My state is a huge Hotspot for human trafficking, and the last mayor of Detroit put a good amount of strippers at the bottom of the river.  Paranoid?  Do you want a list? We have isis, in a country whose government embraces Islam.

asal

Looks like a country where the citizens embrace conspiracy theories.