News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Should welfare recipients lose their rights to vote...

Started by Obvious Li, November 22, 2012, 04:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

and of course i say a resounding YES......anyone on welfare is in a complete and total conflict of interest and as such anyone filing for welfare should be made to sign a waiver disallowing their voting rights........it just makes common sense

Romero

Conflict of interest how?

If they shouldn't be allowed to vote then you shouldn't be allowed to vote. You're receiving government entitlements too.

Leopardsocks

I do have a problem with everyone being allowed to vote.

But its far worse in Australia...voting is compulsory.

But, I think prisoners, welfare recipients who've been on welfare for more than 2 years, people convicted of terrorism, current MP's and people under 21 should be excluded.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"I do have a problem with everyone being allowed to vote.

But, I think prisoners, welfare recipients who've been on welfare for more than 2 years, people convicted of terrorism, current MP's and people under 21 should be excluded.

well there is something we can agree on..however, i would expand the list to include non taxpayers, civil servants et al....

Zetsu

Welfare trash should be greatful Canadians are already looking after them.
Permanently off his rocker

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"I do have a problem with everyone being allowed to vote.

well there is something we can agree on..however, i would expand the list to include non taxpayers, civil servants et al....

Yeah, well don't go expecting a Christmas card...the fact that we agree does NOT make you my equal by a long way.

Anonymous

That hurts even though I didn't vote in the last provincial or federal election.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That hurts even though I didn't vote in the last provincial or federal election.

sorry honey...you will get over it.... :lol: but voting for a boss when one boss promises you free ice cream and the other wants you to have sex with him is a major conflict of interest...so sorry no voting for you and your pals.....in fact if voting were restricted to those with no government connections then we would be back where we should be with those few people who contribute towards the growth of the country deciding the rules...as it should be

Anonymous

sorry honey...you will get over it.... :lol: but voting for a boss when one boss promises you free ice cream and the other wants you to have sex with him is a major conflict of interest...so sorry no voting for you and your pals.....in fact if voting were restricted to those with no government connections then we would be back where we should be with those few people who contribute towards the growth of the country deciding the rules...as it should be

I contribute towards the growth of this country Obvious.

I have a job, I pay tax and I'm a consumer.

Vancouver

Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Maybe big businesses should lose the right to vote.

I didn't know "businesses" voted..

I thought only people could cast ballots.

Obvious Li

I have a job, I pay tax and I'm a consumer.[/quote]

Those are all true however, we will have to agree to disagree as to its  contributive value...if you and 500,000 other civil servants were off the government payroll and productively employed in the private sector this country would be debt free and everyone would be guaranteed a minimum standard of living, taxes would be low and families could afford to live with one income earner again......not just the privileged few

Anonymous

Those are all true however, we will have to agree to disagree as to its  contributive value...if you and 500,000 other civil servants were off the government payroll and productively employed in the private sector this country would be debt free and everyone would be guaranteed a minimum standard of living, taxes would be low and families could afford to live with one income earner again......not just the privileged few

I guess we will have to respectfully agree to disagree.

It doesn't really matter anyway because I'm apolitical and rarely vote.

It's getting late Obvious, so I will wish you a good night.

Sleep well.

:)

Obvious Li

Sleep well.

yes ..with the  greatest of respect...sweet dreams and a cheery, sunny to you.....ahn young hee choo moo sat seo

Obvious Li

Sleep well.

yes ..with the  greatest of respect...sweet dreams and a cheery, sunny fridayto you.....ahn young hee choo moo sat seo

[/b]