The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

You think YOUR bears are badass!!!

Started by Bricktop, August 16, 2015, 11:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

They taste ok too. I think I had it once on a visit, or may be it was moose. I can't remember which one it was. Very dark in color it was.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Most bear I've tried runs from gamey as hell to completely inedible. Bear is a dicey meat, if it isn't dressed after the kill properly it has a really rank flavor. It also depends greatly on what the animal has been feeding on. God forbid you should get one that has been spending the summer feeding in a garbage dump. Unless you have a strong stomach you won't want to get near it.

That being said, some people really like it but then again some people think liver and onions is to die for.  :beurk:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

G'Day Renee

I would prolly die FROM it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Quote from: "Renee"Most bear I've tried runs from gamey as hell to completely inedible. Bear is a dicey meat, if it isn't dressed after the kill properly it has a really rank flavor. It also depends greatly on what the animal has been feeding on. God forbid you should get one that has been spending the summer feeding in a garbage dump. Unless you have a strong stomach you won't want to get near it.

That being said, some people really like it but then again some people think liver and onions is to die for.  :beurk:

Bear meat tends to have trichinosis so you have to cook the crap out of it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Sorry, just remembered, it wasn't moose. It was buffalo. Some kind of massive buffalo burger that if eaten in one sitting, was totally free.

(I gave up after 10 minutes, ate the salad and most of the bun, and just asked for the check)  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee" some people think liver and onions is to die for.  :beurk:

Some even eat McDonalds!!

:yuk:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Sorry, just remembered, it wasn't moose. It was buffalo. Some kind of massive buffalo burger that if eaten in one sitting, was totally free.

(I gave up after 10 minutes, ate the salad and most of the bun, and just asked for the check)  :laugh:

Buffalo is a very lean red meat.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

Some even put a red beat on their burger.   :confused1:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Sorry, just remembered, it wasn't moose. It was buffalo. Some kind of massive buffalo burger that if eaten in one sitting, was totally free.

Exactly, In fact in the case of ground buffalo, sometimes you have to add some ground beef to it, otherwise you can end up with a burger that has the consistency and dryness of cardboard.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"

Its BEET. Er, I mean...excuse me Renee, I think you mean "beet" from "beetroot".

It does happen here in Australia. You are correct. Such a silly thing to do, I guess.

Anonymous

Exactly, In fact in the case of ground buffalo, sometimes you have to add some ground beef to i;, otherwise you can end up with a burger that has the consistency and dryness of cardboard.

We have grilled buffalo burgers without adding beef or pork..

But, moose seems less dry than buffalo.

Hobart

Wulf

Exactly, In fact in the case of ground buffalo, sometimes you have to add some ground beef to i;, otherwise you can end up with a burger that has the consistency and dryness of cardboard.

We have grilled buffalo burgers without adding beef or pork..

But, moose seems less dry than buffalo.

If you are getting commercially ranch raised buffalo you might just as well be eating 90% lean beef. Most ranch raised buffalo is almost as fatty as beef. The animals are penned up and fed the same feed as beef cattle so they lose some of their lean muscle mass and they get fat.

Renee

Its BEET. Er, I mean...excuse me Renee, I think you mean "beet" from "beetroot".

It does happen here in Australia. You are correct. Such a silly thing to do, I guess.

Sorry, "BEET". I didn't proof read.

I'd tell you to "shoot me" but I know you don't like guns.