The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Daisy May"Oh?

Record  "American" stock high yesterday .... very shortly after opening

Sorry to have to tell you bout that / burst yer negative bubble, guy

Now TD is posting repetitive bullshit in the Seoul brother's thread. Same rules apply here as in Politics.

TD has a sub to post pablum. It doesn't belong here.

cc

Ya. I shouldn't have put facts to him .. I should have simply told him to get lost
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The Trump bump continues for the Dow.

Anonymous

The TSX had a good week on news of of a possible production cut by OPEC. West Texas intermdiate was up twelve per cent on the week. The Canadian dollar had six week best closing at 75.28 even with a jobs report showing a loss of full time jobs and lower labour market participation.

South of the border, the Trump bump continues with the Dow closing at an all time high. There has been no indication that he (Trump) wants to pick a trade fight with Canada ... instead he is going to make it easier for Canadian oil companies to get oil to the market. The Northern leg of KXL would be great for Canada if it gets built.

JOE

....I was going to start buying gold myself.

I figger with all the money the US will be forced to print due to the Trump deficits, gold is sure to skyrocket in value one day.

How about Oil stocks? will that be good bet too?

Anyone else with other suggestions?

Seoulbro? What do you think?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"...I was going to start buying gold myself.

I figger with all the money the US will be forced to print due to the Trump deficits, gold is sure to skyrocket in value one day.

Oil stocks will be good too as well.

You should ask this in Seoul's thread JOE?

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"....I was going to start buying gold myself.

There you go Joe. You wanted to ask the Seoul brother a question, so I know you meant to ask him in his thread. You are welcome. ac_biggrin

Angry White Male

(Physical) Gold as investment:

Pros:

No capital gains tax, as they generally can't prove what you paid for it.

It's shiny.

Cons:

Doesn't pay dividends.

Potential for theft if people know you have it.

Anonymous

The US added more red ink under Obama than any other president, but stocks have been the best performers. That was mostly due to Chinese demand and overvaluation rather than a reflection of specific policy. So far the Dow is getting a Trump bump.

I expect interest rates in Canada and the US to part ways in 2017. Besides US currency, banks will be a good bet as rates rise South of the border. I like Citigroup.Trump is proposing the biggest stimulus spending program since FDR, so companies like Pentair are a good choice.

On the tech side I like Palo Alto Networks and Check Point Software Technologies.

For healthcare, give me Varian Medical Systems and United Health Group.

Energy and gold mining, I like Suncor as they continue to pare their break even point down to $24 per barrel and lower. Gold miner Newmont mining has cut its costs by about a third in recent years, so they are a good pick.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

The US added more red ink under Obama than any other president, but stocks have been the best performers. That was mostly due to Chinese demand and overvaluation rather than a reflection of specific policy. So far the Dow is getting a Trump bump.

I expect interest rates in Canada and the US to part ways in 2017. Besides US currency, banks will be a good bet as rates rise South of the border. I like Citigroup.Trump is proposing the biggest stimulus spending program since FDR, so companies like Pentair are a good choice.

On the tech side I like Palo Alto Networks and Check Point Software Technologies.

Energy and gold mining, I like Suncor as they continue to pare their break even point down to $24 per barrel and lower. Gold miner Newmont mining has cut its costs by about a third in recent years, so they are a good pick.

Are you just an investor or do you work in the investment field?

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Are you just an investor or do you work in the investment field?

both

Thiel

It's going to be a good time to own US dollars.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

If Fash or kiebers thinks there are too many stickied threads, I am fine with putting this one back into general population. I can always bump it when I have something to add.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"If Fash or kiebers thinks there are too many stickied threads, I am fine with putting this one back into general population. I can always bump it when I have something to add.

I would like some more input first, especially from mods.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"If Fash or kiebers thinks there are too many stickied threads, I am fine with putting this one back into general population. I can always bump it when I have something to add.

I would like some more input first, especially from mods.

Sure, release it.