The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

I must be tipsy, for some reason I read this thread as Monkey See. Carry on, I see no monkeys lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

caskur

I am very, very, very unhappy about losing over $20,000 on our retirement fund...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I am very, very, very unhappy about losing over $20,000 on our retirement fund...

Is that from the time markets bottomed out about two weeks ago? They have recovered a lot of their losses. They are about where they were in 2016. It should still be up over a period of roughly six years. I assume you have your money invested in a conservative basket like our mutual funds. Hang on, it will come back. They always do.

caskur

We've been hit three times... I'm thoroughly sickened by it...

I've never trusted superannuation... the day our Labor PM Paul Keating made it compulsory was the day I knew it was going to bite us on the arse at a future date... I was studying German history at the time and thought our PM at the time was another Hitler acting like Hitler did. Hitler made all the workers pay weekly accounts to make VW. Then Hitler confiscated them and used them for his army...

I know full well that the only places that has real savings is Australian Superannuation and I bloody well know everybody wants to take it cause every other bloody country is broke arse and drowning in debt.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"We've been hit three times... I'm thoroughly sickened by it...

I've never trusted superannuation... the day our Labor PM Paul Keating made it compulsory was the day I knew it was going to bite us on the arse at a future date... I was studying German history at the time and thought our PM at the time was another Hitler acting like Hitler did. Hitler made all the workers pay weekly accounts to make VW. Then Hitler confiscated them and used them for his army...

I know full well that the only places that has real savings is Australian Superannuation and I bloody well know everybody wants to take it cause every other bloody country is broke arse and drowning in debt.

I've heard of Australia's superannuation scheme but, I don't know enough to compare it to CPP in Canada or Quebec's pension plan. But, I thought you were talking about your own personal retirement plan.

caskur

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "caskur"We've been hit three times... I'm thoroughly sickened by it...

I've heard of Australia's superannuation scheme but, I don't know enough to compare it to CPP in Canada or Quebec's pension plan. But, I thought you were talking about your own personal retirement plan.

Instead of getting the 9% interest on our super, it's nose dived over $20,000.

To me that is theft pure and simple.

A pox upon whoever caused this!~
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Instead of getting the 9% interest on our super, it's nose dived over $20,000.

To me that is theft pure and simple.

A pox upon whoever caused this!~

That depends on the risk level of your retirement plan..

Our mutual funds are still up nearly forty per cent over the last ten years, even with this pandemic depression.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The economy is just awful. This could end the Trump presidency, do you think so? Perhaps no second term. Fickle voters will sabotage it. What do you think?

It won't likely end the Trudeau government, any of the Asian or European governments. It all depends on if the American voter thinks this is China's fault or Washington's fault. We'll see in November won't we.

I am not happy. I see "Trump-era gains are lost" and I see Biden winning in primaries, the virus is still not completely contained and prevented, I just wonder how my candidate will do in November. I am cranky today, very cranky.

As I said, if the Dems can convince voters this pandemic was Trump's fault and not China's, Biden wins. The US is the only country blaming their head of government for this global shut down.

This virus is not Trump's fault but he could lose his second term because of it if people choose to be idiots.

Americans are idiots. They will elect Biden who is the biggest China ass kisser in Washington. He will make the situation worse by keeping the US dependent on China for medicine. Just like Justin Trudeau.

You really think this is possible that Biden could win?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The economy is just awful. This could end the Trump presidency, do you think so? Perhaps no second term. Fickle voters will sabotage it. What do you think?

It won't likely end the Trudeau government, any of the Asian or European governments. It all depends on if the American voter thinks this is China's fault or Washington's fault. We'll see in November won't we.

I am not happy. I see "Trump-era gains are lost" and I see Biden winning in primaries, the virus is still not completely contained and prevented, I just wonder how my candidate will do in November. I am cranky today, very cranky.

As I said, if the Dems can convince voters this pandemic was Trump's fault and not China's, Biden wins. The US is the only country blaming their head of government for this global shut down.

This virus is not Trump's fault but he could lose his second term because of it if people choose to be idiots.

Americans are idiots. They will elect Biden who is the biggest China ass kisser in Washington. He will make the situation worse by keeping the US dependent on China for medicine. Just like Justin Trudeau.

I don't know how he can make it through a debate with Trump.

@realAzhyaAryola

I don't know how he can make it through a debate with Trump.

I will have a meltdown if Biden wins.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Stocks Rally, Dow Up 500 Points After Gilead's Coronavirus Treatment Shows 'Positive Data'

The stock market moved higher on Wednesday, despite a sharp drop in U.S. economic activity, after Gilead Sciences reported positive data on its remdesivir drug as a potential treatment for coronavirus.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 2.2%, over 500 points, on Wednesday, while the S&P 500 rose 2.7% and the Nasdaq Composite gained 3.6%.

Shares of Gilead Sciences jumped nearly 6%, with the company reporting "positive data" emerging from a recent study using its antiviral drug remdesivir.

The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said that a recent study of Gilead's remdesivir drug met its primary endpoint; Gilead also released the results of its own study, showing improvement in at least 50% of patients treated with remdesivir.

The Food and Drug Administration said later on Wednesday that it was in "ongoing" discussions to make remdesivir available to coronavirus patients "as quickly as possible," further boosting market sentiment.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/04/29/stocks-rally-dow-up-500-points-after-gileads-coronavirus-treatment-shows-positive-data/#392d90f94301">https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeikleb ... 2d90f94301">https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/04/29/stocks-rally-dow-up-500-points-after-gileads-coronavirus-treatment-shows-positive-data/#392d90f94301

We need readily available treatments or better yet, a vaccine to get the economy and the markets moving again. That goes without saying of course. Let's remdesvir does the trick.

Anonymous

Since the start of this pandemic on the S&P 500, as five stocks, Facebook Inc., Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc, Apple Inc. and Microsoft Corp. now account for half of the entire index. In Canada, Shopify Inc. has become the second-most valuable company by market capitalization.

Netflix Inc. added 15.8 million subscribers in the first quarter, crushing its own forecast of seven million and analyst expectations of 8.47 million.

In retail, Target Corp. reported its digital sales have more than doubled in March and nearly tripled in April. Amazon Prime's U.S. membership alone has grown to 118 million members at the end of March.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Since the start of this pandemic on the S&P 500, as five stocks, Facebook Inc., Alphabet Inc., Amazon.com Inc, Apple Inc. and Microsoft Corp. now account for half of the entire index. In Canada, Shopify Inc. has become the second-most valuable company by market capitalization.

Netflix Inc. added 15.8 million subscribers in the first quarter, crushing its own forecast of seven million and analyst expectations of 8.47 million.

In retail, Target Corp. reported its digital sales have more than doubled in March and nearly tripled in April. Amazon Prime's U.S. membership alone has grown to 118 million members at the end of March.

I'm not surprised the coronavirus has been a boon for digital commerce.

@realAzhyaAryola

The market is so volatile.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The market is so volatile.

We shut down the global economy. That is to be expected.