The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A Cure for MS!?

Started by Annie, August 27, 2015, 03:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I'm currently part of a drug trial that takes down my immune system.  I have to be very careful about what I eat because a case of food poisoning can cause serious problems (like death).

Stem cells seem to offer the best option so far but these things need to go through extensive testing before they are approved.

Well then I recommend that you stay away from KFC.  :beurk:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"I'm currently part of a drug trial that takes down my immune system.  I have to be very careful about what I eat because a case of food poisoning can cause serious problems (like death).

Stem cells seem to offer the best option so far but these things need to go through extensive testing before they are approved.

Well then I recommend that you stay away from KFC.  :beurk:

No problem there!  I tried it once like 15 years ago and haven't touched it ever again.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Immune systems are quite picky when there's an underlying problem.  I really hope there's a cure for this and not just false hope.

It's all trial.  The depressing part is when they find something that works, it takes like 20 years after everything is said and done to get it to market.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Well....fuuuuuckkkkkk   acc_angry
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Yeah trials take a long time.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

Would it appear in the states faster?  The states have lower standards than Canada ...  Wouldn't that be wonderful?  Scary to do something that isn't approved in Canada - but wonderful if after a few years it seems to be successful.

RW

Yes.  It would be wonderful :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

You could go THERE for your drugs!!!

How's THAT for irony???

RW

What's ironic about that?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"Immune systems are quite picky when there's an underlying problem.  I really hope there's a cure for this and not just false hope.

It's all trial.  The depressing part is when they find something that works, it takes like 20 years after everything is said and done to get it to market.

Why does it take so long RW?

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

They start with a small pilot trial - like the one you see above.  Then they have to compile and review all the data which takes a while.  Then they have to get approved for a bigger trial.  Then they have to find researchers to carry it out.  They need to then find people to do it, do the trial which usually takes years itself.  It's also usually done in more than one location across the country.  They do the trial, then they have to compile all the data and there is TONS of it.  Every time you so much as stub your toe, you have to report it to the trials group.  So after that's all compiled (years later) it gets reviewed.  Then they apply to be able to do it or use a drug on the general populace which means an agency like Health Canada has to review the study findings.  Then it's either approved or not.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Well at least they have something to go on and try. It's too bad it takes so long.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

They start with a small pilot trial - like the one you see above.  Then they have to compile and review all the data which takes a while.  Then they have to get approved for a bigger trial.  Then they have to find researchers to carry it out.  They need to then find people to do it, do the trial which usually takes years itself.  It's also usually done in more than one location across the country.  They do the trial, then they have to compile all the data and there is TONS of it.  Every time you so much as stub your toe, you have to report it to the trials group.  So after that's all compiled (years later) it gets reviewed.  Then they apply to be able to do it or use a drug on the general populace which means an agency like Health Canada has to review the study findings.  Then it's either approved or not.

That's a lot of steps.