Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Why I avoid Asian Food

Started by J0E, September 06, 2015, 06:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

...3 letters - MSG.

I always get a reaction to many Asian foods after consuming them.

And its always the same.

Tightening of the skin muscles around the face as if its being pulled

Temporary pain in the joints, hands and sometimes feet which feels like the onset of arthritis.

Sometimes upset stomach as if something didn't go down well.

...which is unfortunate because I often like the food and taste of many of their dishes.

However, I feel its not worth it because of the side effects.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"...3 letters - MSG.

I always get a reaction to many Asian foods after consuming them.

And its always the same.

Tightening of the skin muscles around the face as if its being pulled

Temporary pain in the joints, hands and sometimes feet which feels like the onset of arthritis.

Sometimes upset stomach as if something didn't go down well.

...which is unfortunate because I often like the food and taste of many of their dishes.

However, I feel its not worth it because of the side effects.

You don't have to use msg Frank.

Frood

Reputable Asian restaurants are still using MSG where you're at, Frank? That's a big no no here. Even the cheap ones make it point to mark their menus and outer windows with "NO MSG" signs.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Reputable Asian restaurants are still using MSG where you're at, Frank? That's a big no no here. Even the cheap ones make it point to mark their menus and outer windows with "NO MSG" signs.

I don't know if I would trust that Dinky Diana..

But, you can control that when you cook at home.

Renee

They have the NO MSG signs around here too but I still get an MSG reaction from eating Asian food. I think most Asian restaurants claim one thing and do another until they get caught.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"They have the NO MSG signs around here too but I still get an MSG reaction from eating Asian food. I think most Asian restaurants claim one thing and do another until they get caught.

East Asian restaurants are not the only ones misleading the public about their ingredients.

Anonymous

Another one of Frank's troll threads. You people keep taking the bait.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Another one of Frank's troll threads. You people keep taking the bait.

Frank is not the first person to raise this concern Shen Li.

J0E

Quote from: "Shen Li"Another one of Frank's troll threads. You people keep taking the bait.

We'll...there are some nice Vietnamese and Thai restaurants with great food.

But I would get the same physical reactions from the food.

They did NOT have signs indicating no MSG.

However, one Vietnamese restaurant nearby did claim no MSG so I tried the food, and I did NOT get the same physical reaction I've had at others. So I am fairly certain there is no MSG and I still go there from time to time.

Incidentally, I've had reactions to Japanese and Chinese food, so I'm not singling out one nations cuisine.

Anonymous

I remember reading that American fast food chains use a lot of msg too..

Kentucky Fried Chicken for example being on of the biggest culprits.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Reputable Asian restaurants are still using MSG where you're at, Frank? That's a big no no here. Even the cheap ones make it point to mark their menus and outer windows with "NO MSG" signs.

I have a sensitivity to MSG, Fash. It's why I religiously no longer eat Doritos or flavored noodles at all. Knock on wood, no restaurant here with a no MSG sign or ad has ever caused me to projectile vomit an hour or two later.

Home cooking is even better but I struggle with the list of ingredients some Asian dishes require, sometimes. It can be like alchemy or a magic spell from the Hogwarts School of cookery.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

RW

MSG is naturally occurring and found in foods such as tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, etc.

It's been used for over a hundred years in food.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "Fashionista"I remember reading that American fast food chains use a lot of msg too..

Yes, when u mention it, kfc too.

In their gravy especially.

I get dry mouth,throat too.

But same reaction face as if it feels the skin is being stretched.

Still, I didn't feel there was as much msg in kfc as some asian restaurants, whose food is laced with the substance.

J0E

Yes, potato chips too.

I get the same tingling feeling of the jaw muscles and skin tightening after a round of the delicious butdeadly 'tings.

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have a sensitivity to MSG, Fash. It's why I religiously no longer eat Doritos or flavored noodles at all. Knock on wood, no restaurant here with a no MSG sign or ad has ever caused me to projectile vomit an hour or two later.

Home cooking is even better but I struggle with the list of ingredients some Asian dishes require, sometimes. It can be like alchemy or a magic spell from the Hogwarts School of cookery.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I remember reading that American fast food chains use a lot of msg too..

Yes, when u mention it, kfc too.

In their gravy especially.

I get dry mouth,throat too.

But same reaction face as if it feels the skin is being stretched.

Still, I didn't feel there was as much msg in kfc as some asian restaurants, whose food is laced with the substance.

All Asian restaurants Frank, or just certain ones and lower end ones?