A

I want to ask Dove about how she was saved

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "SPECTRE""The Road From Perdition".

Thing is....is the act of a woman taking her clothes off in front of men, or even having sex with strangers a path to perdition? Do these 'evil' and 'unwholesome' acts cause the lives of such individuals to sprial out of control?

Or is it the shame that we attach to these womens lifestyles that is the source of their emotional problems rather than the lifestyle they engage in.  If they are shunned by society, then they turn away from it.

So it isn't what they do which is the real problem, but society's overreaction to them?
 If you think my stripping was bad, wait til you read about my two broken marriages, three children from three father's and my heroin addiction lol.  It's gets pretty juicy. But no....I wasn't nearly as "shunned" as you may think.  Besides, more times than not, the biggest "shunners" are the highest paying customers. Boom lol.  By time you make it to a strip club, things have pretty well spiraled downhill.

Remarkable testimony you have Dove.
 People always think salvation is simply saying a "sinners prayer" and committing to some structured religious belief system.  It's so not.  I prayed and prayed so many times in my life and got nothing. Like I was babbling to myself.  Then one day, at like three days into detox, I told God if it was real, I'm ready for it. If not...well...I'll know.  But it wasn't arrogant. It was a plea.  And suddenly I realized what a piece of crap person I truly am, while also having divine love and reassurance poured down over me.  God answered, basically saying "Okay then, chase me".  It wasn't audible. I can't explain it. I've never been the same. So as it turns out, when God said "chase me" it wasn't a request but a command...lol. so I spent the next year in a Christain/Calvinist mission studying scripture.  I haven't struggled staying clean. I haven't struggled with anxiety or depression.  I struggle with the flesh...but that's part of it.  I never really understood scripture before.  Salvation is a rebirth of the spirit, that the Lord does.  Not simply a religion you sign up for. This is the part I think people have a hard time with.

Anonymous

Thing is....is the act of a woman taking her clothes off in front of men, or even having sex with strangers a path to perdition? Do these 'evil' and 'unwholesome' acts cause the lives of such individuals to sprial out of control?

Or is it the shame that we attach to these womens lifestyles that is the source of their emotional problems rather than the lifestyle they engage in.  If they are shunned by society, then they turn away from it.

So it isn't what they do which is the real problem, but society's overreaction to them?
 If you think my stripping was bad, wait til you read about my two broken marriages, three children from three father's and my heroin addiction lol.  It's gets pretty juicy. But no....I wasn't nearly as "shunned" as you may think.  Besides, more times than not, the biggest "shunners" are the highest paying customers. Boom lol.  By time you make it to a strip club, things have pretty well spiraled downhill.

What hasn't killed you, has made you stronger than 95% of the general population.

J0E

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Ah, hypocrisy. The shield of the truly loathsome.

I just wonder why many societies either ban or condemn naked women doing their thang, but then allow Gay Pride parades where naked men flash their genitals in front of children.

Political Correctness has created this double standard where there are one set of rules for straight people ("Oh that's no respectable") and another for gays ("That's OK.")

Admittedly, I lost all respect for the Political Correctoids on the Loonie Left when they began to espouse two different, yet contradictory standards of morality & this is imposed on the society.

This situation exists in places like Vancouver, Canada. Yet few notice or are afraid to speak up for fear of being branded as socially outcast.

I figger if one group gets theirs, the other should be able to do what they want too.

If they have a gay pride parade, then there should also be a Brazilian style mardi gras/carnival for straight people too.

asal

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Ah, hypocrisy. The shield of the truly loathsome.

I just wonder why many societies either ban or condemn naked women doing their thang, but then allow Gay Pride parades where naked men flash their genitals in front of children.

Political Correctness has created this double standard where there are one set of rules for straight people ("Oh that's no respectable") and another for gays ("That's OK.")

Admittedly, I lost all respect for the Political Correctoids on the Loonie Left when they began to espouse two different, yet contradictory standards of morality & this is imposed on the society.

This situation exists in places like Vancouver, Canada. Yet few notice or are afraid to speak up for fear of being branded as socially outcast.

I figger if one group gets theirs, the other should be able to do what they want too.

If they have a gay pride parade, then there should also be a Brazilian style mardi gras/carnival for straight people too.

caribbean days happen every year.  brzilkians have fstivals here & there.vancouver just isn't a party town.  you can go to brazil for carnival - youd love it  :thumbup:

Loved your salvation story dove. interesting.  I'm not religious. to me, it hasn't been any effort not to get addicted to anything because I reached my tolerance for addiction by watching other people misbehave (as a kid).  It wasn't inviting.

Bricktop

People always think salvation is simply saying a "sinners prayer" and committing to some structured religious belief system.  It's so not.  I prayed and prayed so many times in my life and got nothing. Like I was babbling to myself.  Then one day, at like three days into detox, I told God if it was real, I'm ready for it. If not...well...I'll know.  But it wasn't arrogant. It was a plea.  And suddenly I realized what a piece of crap person I truly am, while also having divine love and reassurance poured down over me.  God answered, basically saying "Okay then, chase me".  It wasn't audible. I can't explain it. I've never been the same. So as it turns out, when God said "chase me" it wasn't a request but a command...lol. so I spent the next year in a Christain/Calvinist mission studying scripture.  I haven't struggled staying clean. I haven't struggled with anxiety or depression.  I struggle with the flesh...but that's part of it.  I never really understood scripture before.  Salvation is a rebirth of the spirit, that the Lord does.  Not simply a religion you sign up for. This is the part I think people have a hard time with.

Admirable, but all that occurs within your own mind.

Why do you attribute your revelation to a God?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

She's changed, she's a better person. It doesn't matter who she wants to give the credit to.

RW

God helped me be a better person as well by exposing me to such rampant hypocrisy that I realised religion was a crock of shit.

Thanks God!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Why do you feel the need to come in and correct another person's experience?  Insecure?

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I'm sorry...where did I correct you?
You pulled the typical, dogmatic atheist approach and commented if only to make sure I "understood" that I did not experience God. Then asked me why I attach it to God.  I asked why you feel the need to do this?

Anonymous

Typically when people do that sort of thing, it's more about their own insecurity of their own beliefs. I've listened to people discuss channeling aliens and left them to it.  I don't tell people who have died and experienced things that it's all in their head. That's just a text book response that people toss out when they can't understand something or are frightened by possibilities that go outside their idea of reality.  People used to think pms was all in the head.

Bricktop

You pulled the typical, dogmatic atheist approach and commented if only to make sure I "understood" that I did not experience God. Then asked me why I attach it to God.  I asked why you feel the need to do this?

Because you feel the need to attribute your rebirth to a god that you could not see, hear or touch.

I think that's a fair question.

Anonymous

Because you feel the need to attribute your rebirth to a god that you could not see, hear or touch.

I think that's a fair question.
 It wasn't a question. Do you know anything about sleep paralysis?(btw, I didn't "feel the need".  I had and have absolutely zero doubt. Much like everyone else who had a rebirth)  the real question is why do you feel the need to invalidate other people?

RW

It sure looked like a question to me.  Had a question mark at the end and everything.  Another example would be: Is it easier to believe in God than it is to believe in yourself?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"
She's changed, she's a better person. It doesn't matter who she wants to give the credit to.

Actually, it does.

If you rely on a false mechanism of support, sooner or later that mechanism will collapse and leave you high and dry.